Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

There are two sides to every story.

I'm sure Azoff will fire back and this will probably be a bit messier than most of Axl's previous lawsuits - he's not exactly someone to be easily fucked with in the industry. I don't think it'll die out like some of the other stuff did (e.g. Dr. Pepper).

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the Axl haters are out in force on TMZ,

I like how TMZ used a 4 year old photo, shows their journalistic skill :fuckyou:

GAWSH EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET AXL. I for one immediately discard any publication that has a picture of any older than two weeks of within print.

There are two sides to every story.

I'm sure Azoff will fire back and this will probably be a bit messier than most of Axl's previous lawsuits - he's not exactly someone to be easily fucked with in the industry. I don't think it'll die out like some of the other stuff did (e.g. Dr. Pepper).

Wrong, there are always three sides to any story. Axl's, Azoff's and the truth. I am glad they countered though just because someone is powerful does not immediately mean they are right or truthful. Kudos to Axl for fighting for what he believes in.

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

You're ridiculous, you get the slightest chance to excuse Axl and the band for a lack of the Better video and you jump all over it like a fuckin' frog on speed.

g

Yeah because management effectively runs the band. The facts are there in Axl's lawsuit file.This guy was trying to hold everything up and disrupt things to such an extent that nuGuns imploded. I'd love a reunion as much as the next guy but not by these means.

What's stopping them from putting a video on YouTube? Or that excuse of a website? It doesn't need to be a big exclusive TV thing.

This all makes complete sense...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion - No it doesn't. There was nothing stopping Axl coming on here again, doing more magazine interviews or anything like that.

No Video - Complete bollocks. Heard of a thing called YouTube? Nothing stopping them from putting it up. This was a collage of live stuff, not some November Rain film.

Over a year for a tour - Possible but I'm not convinced.

Axl's comments onstage during the Asia tour - I'll give you that one.

Meeting with Doc McGhee - Didn't Doc say this meeting never happened?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

You're welcome.

Suck my dick you sack of shit...

Oh okay you're right then :)

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion - No it doesn't. There was nothing stopping Axl coming on here again, doing more magazine interviews or anything like that.

No Video - Complete bollocks. Heard of a thing called YouTube? Nothing stopping them from putting it up. This was a collage of live stuff, not some November Rain film.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

1) I'll sort of give you credit on your first point, but the promotion was shitty outside of a 1 month period...

2) YouTube? Are you serious? They need this shit played on TV. And if they can release it on YouTube they can release it to MTV, MuchMusic, etc...

3) Over a year for a tour falls in line with the "Worst Year of my Life" comment. What else could it be...??

4) ...

5) I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture of Him with Axl and Ashba...??

6) .... how does your Dad's Cum taste...??

Azoff controls the U.S. tour market through Ticketmaster............Could be the reason GnR have not announced a tour here in the U.S.?............

I know some here think the band can thrive with out the U.S. market but this is where the money is.................Axl may have bitten off more than he can chew here going after Azoff.....

Well winning a $5 million lawsuit may well cover some of that lost money.....

Your assuming he will win the lawsuit which given Azoff's industry connections and power and virtually unlimited financial resources will be difficult....................Best case scenario for Axl is to get Azoff to settle...worst case is Azoff drags this through the courts for years bleeding Axl with legal fees and fucking with him when he tries to tour here... Behind the scenes Azoff could make it very difficult to tour here..........

I seem to remember when Pearl Jam tried to take on Ticketmaster back in the 90's?, I am doing this on memory so someone please correct me if I have this wrong, but I believe they were trying to find a different way to distribute tickets to cut out Ticketmaster and found out that TM had exclusive ticket distribution deals with many top venues here in the States so Pearl Jam could not book the venues if they didn't use Ticketmaster...I don't know if this is still true but if it is Axl may have a hard time touring here if Azoff wants to make things difficult for him..........I admire your support for Axl but don't underestimate the power and reach of Azoff................

Edited by classicrawker

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

You're ridiculous, you get the slightest chance to excuse Axl and the band for a lack of the Better video and you jump all over it like a fuckin' frog on speed.

g

Yeah because management effectively runs the band. The facts are there in Axl's lawsuit file.This guy was trying to hold everything up and disrupt things to such an extent that nuGuns imploded. I'd love a reunion as much as the next guy but not by these means.

What's stopping them from putting a video on YouTube? Or that excuse of a website? It doesn't need to be a big exclusive TV thing.

Why are you still upset about the lack of a Better video?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

1) I'll sort of give you credit on your first point, but the promotion was shitty outside of a 1 month period...

2) YouTube? Are you serious? They need this shit played on TV. And if they can release it on YouTube they can release it to MTV, MuchMusic, etc...

3) Over a year for a tour falls in line with the "Worst Year of my Life" comment. What else could it be...??

4) ...

5) I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture of Him with Axl and Ashba...??

How many music channels actually show videos anymore?

Youtube is where its at, I mean look at Bad Romance, it has over 100 million views on youtube. None too shabby.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

2) Yeah, YouTube, what's wrong with that? Videos go onto YouTube these days. People don't watch music videos on TV anymore.

5) I ain't seen it, but I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if someone can show it.

6) I thought you'd know. Y'wanna cut out the lame insults? You're making yourself look like a cheap bitch.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

Youtube is where its at, I mean look at Bad Romance, it has over 100 million views on youtube. None too shabby.

It's not just about music channels versus YouTube. Most of the time I see a video it's on one of the video screens at a bar or something.

I like how TMZ used a 4 year old photo, shows their journalistic skill :fuckyou:

GAWSH EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET AXL. I for one immediately discard any publication that has a picture of any older than two weeks of within print.

Way to take my comment out of context,

i dont know why you are supporting TMZ media scum and little slash wannabees that have a mental age of 10, but have fun with that.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

True. But when you release it on YouTube you basically release it for everyone.

The manager pays for production costs for the video. Despite being mostly Live footage there ARE still costs associated with it...

These costs are paid for management and the artist than pays management a percentage for doing little things like that...

This is the only logical reason for not releasing it or not doing any real promotion....

Way to take my comment out of context,

i dont know why you are supporting TMZ media scum and little slash wannabees that have a mental age of 10, but have fun with that.

That's exactly what TMZ are, little Slash wannabees with a mental age of 10. That's their tagline. I don't believe I took your comment out of context at all to be perfectly honest.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

True. But when you release it on YouTube you basically release it for everyone.

The manager pays for production costs for the video. Despite being mostly Live footage there ARE still costs associated with it...

These costs are paid for management and the artist than pays management a percentage for doing little things like that...

This is the only logical reason for not releasing it or not doing any real promotion....

You're suggesting that these problems have been going since December 2008? I very much doubt that. You're not a week or so away from releasing a video that isn't finished and paid for. I doubt Ashba would've been hired in the middle of all this bullshit as well. If you want a logical pinpoint of this, you're talking late Spring/early Summer 2009.

g

Why do you give a fuck whether I care of not? I'll tell you though, the same reason I'm disappointed that the alternative artwork albums never came to light, or anything we were "promised". As a fan, you can't deny all those things were disappointing, the same way it was disappointing as each year went past that Chinese Democracy didn't show. Do you remember those years?

now mentioned on GN'Rs twitter too

RT @eriqgardner: The plot to reunite Guns N Roses ends in a bombshell lawsuit by Axl Rose. Only in a Chinese Democracy... http://ow.ly/1MJrD

15 minutes ago via web

been a bit pre-occupied as u can see http://bit.ly/dcSkay (via @htgth) thanks Jarmo

37 minutes ago via web

Edited by seely

g

Why do you give a fuck whether I care of not? I'll tell you though, the same reason I'm disappointed that the alternative artwork albums never came to light, or anything we were "promised". As a fan, you can't deny all those things were disappointing, the same way it was disappointing as each year went past that Chinese Democracy didn't show. Do you remember those years?

I do remember, all of them. I just think it gets a bit tiring and silly when people continuously whine for some sort of apology.