Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

Wow the Axl haters are out in force on TMZ,

I like how TMZ used a 4 year old photo, shows their journalistic skill :fuckyou:

GAWSH EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET AXL. I for one immediately discard any publication that has a picture of any older than two weeks of within print.

Way to take my comment out of context,

i dont know why you are supporting TMZ media scum and little slash wannabees that have a mental age of 10, but have fun with that.

That's exactly what TMZ are, little Slash wannabees with a mental age of 10. That's their tagline. I don't believe I took your comment out of context at all to be perfectly honest.

This all makes complete sense...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion - No it doesn't. There was nothing stopping Axl coming on here again, doing more magazine interviews or anything like that.

No Video - Complete bollocks. Heard of a thing called YouTube? Nothing stopping them from putting it up. This was a collage of live stuff, not some November Rain film.

Over a year for a tour - Possible but I'm not convinced.

Axl's comments onstage during the Asia tour - I'll give you that one.

Meeting with Doc McGhee - Didn't Doc say this meeting never happened?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

1) I'll sort of give you credit on your first point, but the promotion was shitty outside of a 1 month period...

2) YouTube? Are you serious? They need this shit played on TV. And if they can release it on YouTube they can release it to MTV, MuchMusic, etc...

3) Over a year for a tour falls in line with the "Worst Year of my Life" comment. What else could it be...??

4) ...

5) I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture of Him with Axl and Ashba...??

6) .... how does your Dad's Cum taste...??

How many music channels actually show videos anymore?

Youtube is where its at, I mean look at Bad Romance, it has over 100 million views on youtube. None too shabby.

True. But when you release it on YouTube you basically release it for everyone.

The manager pays for production costs for the video. Despite being mostly Live footage there ARE still costs associated with it...

These costs are paid for management and the artist than pays management a percentage for doing little things like that...

This is the only logical reason for not releasing it or not doing any real promotion....

You're suggesting that these problems have been going since December 2008? I very much doubt that. You're not a week or so away from releasing a video that isn't finished and paid for. I doubt Ashba would've been hired in the middle of all this bullshit as well. If you want a logical pinpoint of this, you're talking late Spring/early Summer 2009.

I would suggest it's been going on even longer than that actually...

Azoffs intention was always to get a reunion IMO. I'm not saying I bow to every word that Axl says, but this whole thing makes TOTAL sense now that Axl has filed this counter suit...

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) I ain't seen it, but I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if someone can show it.

axlbreak4.jpg

there ya go...

That guy looks older than what I've seen of Doc, but fair enough, I'm happy to admit I was wrong. I stand corrected on that point. Though is what we've been told:-

"Singer Axl Rose recently revealed via Twitter (see below) that GUNS N' ROSES is now managed by Doc McGhee, who has handled the careers of BON JOVI, MÖTLEY CRÜE and KISS throughout the years. There is one problem, however — McGhee was apparently never told of the arrangement.

In the brand new issue of Classic Rock magazine, which goes on sale next Wednesday (March 31), KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was asked if McGhee was still KISS' manager in light of the reports that Doc was now representing GUNS N' ROSES. "That's been very funny," Paul replied. "A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'"

Stanley added, "Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing GUNS N' ROSES. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager.""

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion - No it doesn't. There was nothing stopping Axl coming on here again, doing more magazine interviews or anything like that.

No Video - Complete bollocks. Heard of a thing called YouTube? Nothing stopping them from putting it up. This was a collage of live stuff, not some November Rain film.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

1) I'll sort of give you credit on your first point, but the promotion was shitty outside of a 1 month period...

2) YouTube? Are you serious? They need this shit played on TV. And if they can release it on YouTube they can release it to MTV, MuchMusic, etc...

3) Over a year for a tour falls in line with the "Worst Year of my Life" comment. What else could it be...??

4) ...

5) I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture of Him with Axl and Ashba...??

2) Yeah, YouTube, what's wrong with that? Videos go onto YouTube these days. People don't watch music videos on TV anymore.

5) I ain't seen it, but I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if someone can show it.

6) I thought you'd know. Y'wanna cut out the lame insults? You're making yourself look like a cheap bitch.

2) As I said, if it's released on YT than it's released in general

5) ....

6) than don't be a smartass. Just respond to to a post and don't be snarky about it.

You're Welcome

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

You're ridiculous, you get the slightest chance to excuse Axl and the band for a lack of the Better video and you jump all over it like a fuckin' frog on speed.

g

Yeah because management effectively runs the band. The facts are there in Axl's lawsuit file.This guy was trying to hold everything up and disrupt things to such an extent that nuGuns imploded. I'd love a reunion as much as the next guy but not by these means.

What's stopping them from putting a video on YouTube? Or that excuse of a website? It doesn't need to be a big exclusive TV thing.

Why are you still upset about the lack of a Better video?

Why do you give a fuck whether I care of not? I'll tell you though, the same reason I'm disappointed that the alternative artwork albums never came to light, or anything we were "promised". As a fan, you can't deny all those things were disappointing, the same way it was disappointing as each year went past that Chinese Democracy didn't show. Do you remember those years?

I do remember, all of them. I just think it gets a bit tiring and silly when people continuously whine for some sort of apology.

I don't believe I've once asked for an apology, or do I whine about it continuously. It's an ongoing joke, much like many of the actions (or lack of) by this band, that this video was promised and is now a taboo to even mention. Don't you find it ironic that this is the Chinese Democracy of the music video world?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

2) Yeah, YouTube, what's wrong with that? Videos go onto YouTube these days. People don't watch music videos on TV anymore.

6) I thought you'd know. Y'wanna cut out the lame insults? You're making yourself look like a cheap bitch.

Agree with you for the most part Conor, but I think Finck is part of the video equation too: what would be the point of releasing a video for a guy who was gonna leave? Then again, I guess even in January the GNR crew said they were still planning to release the video and in one of the post-CD interviews Axl didn't seem certain if Finck was leaving ("only he knows what he's doing") as he was with NIN at the time. Though again, I guess Finck's decision to leave may have been due to the failure of anything to come out around the album, including a video. Then again (oh boy), Finck isn't known as a self-publicist either.

GNR history is complicated. I gotta put my degree to some use and do some academic investigating on it one day, though I doubt I could write/compile anything as good as that epic Chinese Whispers deal on GNRevolution.

Axl refuses to do what people tell him to do. On the one hand, that's fucking awesome and that's why so many of us love him. On the other hand it can be extremely frustrating and that's why so many of us get pissed off with him.

End of the day, I love the music he makes, I love Slash's music, Duff's music, Izzy's music, all the Appetite GNR guys have gone on to produce great things. If leaving the band was what it took, so be it, even on the UYI records you can see the muse was starting to go. Izzy didn't want fame, he left the band, more power to him for doing his own thing, but Appetite GNR couldn't exist without his songwriting skill. So while I'm sure Axl n' Slash are both responsible in some way, the break-up starts with Izzy.

Lawsuits ain't my bag, I'll leave that up to the individuals and I'll just listen to the music (hell, songs like IRS come about BECAUSE of the lawsuits). I'd love to see a reunion, but I think it's almost certain it'll never happen, and if it meant creative stagnation like the post-UYI period, apart from some (admittedly mind-blowing) potential concerts, I don't think we'd see any new music (then again 14 years for CD was a long time too :P ).

While I'm not going to defend all of Axl's actions, it's undeniable he gets a bad rap in the press. The only mentions of the current tour in most media outlets have been regarding the cancelling of the Sao Paolo secret gig, the bottle incident, the Taipei pap incident... A clear agenda and desire to perpetuate the "Axl is a nutjob" line.

Azoff wanted a reunion. Axl didn't. Azoff fucked him over. While Axl could arguably have done more promotion-wise, I imagine it would have been fucking difficult while Azoff was trying to strong-arm into doing something he didn't want to do. Azoff got the album out, so we can thank him for that, but it's obvious he saw that as a prerequisite to get Axl to get the old band back together, so it was hardly done with the best intentions.

In an ideal world, we'd have a Better video and we'd have a huge European/US tour. But not everything goes to plan.

Question: Does Azoff have any influence over UK Ticketmaster as well? Is that why we don't have any UK tour dates apart from Reading and Leeds?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

Agree with you for the most part Conor, but I think Finck is part of the video equation too: what would be the point of releasing a video for a guy who was gonna leave? Then again, I guess even in January the GNR crew said they were still planning to release the video and in one of the post-CD interviews Axl didn't seem certain if Finck was leaving ("only he knows what he's doing") as he was with NIN at the time. Though again, I guess Finck's decision to leave may have been due to the failure of anything to come out around the album, including a video. Then again (oh boy), Finck isn't known as a self-publicist either.

GNR history is complicated. I gotta put my degree to some use and do some academic investigating on it one day, though I doubt I could write/compile anything as good as that epic Chinese Whispers deal on GNRevolution.

Axl refuses to do what people tell him to do. On the one hand, that's fucking awesome and that's why so many of us love him. On the other hand it can be extremely frustrating and that's why so many of us get pissed off with him.

End of the day, I love the music he makes, I love Slash's music, Duff's music, Izzy's music, all the Appetite GNR guys have gone on to produce great things. If leaving the band was what it took, so be it, even on the UYI records you can see the muse was starting to go. Izzy didn't want fame, he left the band, more power to him for doing his own thing, but Appetite GNR couldn't exist without his songwriting skill. So while I'm sure Axl n' Slash are both responsible in some way, the break-up starts with Izzy.

Lawsuits ain't my bag, I'll leave that up to the individuals and I'll just listen to the music (hell, songs like IRS come about BECAUSE of the lawsuits). I'd love to see a reunion, but I think it's almost certain it'll never happen, and if it meant creative stagnation like the post-UYI period, apart from some (admittedly mind-blowing) potential concerts, I don't think we'd see any new music (then again 14 years for CD was a long time too :P ).

While I'm not going to defend all of Axl's actions, it's undeniable he gets a bad rap in the press. The only mentions of the current tour in most media outlets have been regarding the cancelling of the Sao Paolo secret gig, the bottle incident, the Taipei pap incident... A clear agenda and desire to perpetuate the "Axl is a nutjob" line.

Azoff wanted a reunion. Axl didn't. Azoff fucked him over. While Axl could arguably have done more promotion-wise, I imagine it would have been fucking difficult while Azoff was trying to strong-arm into doing something he didn't want to do. Azoff got the album out, so we can thank him for that, but it's obvious he saw that as a prerequisite to get Axl to get the old band back together, so it was hardly done with the best intentions.

In an ideal world, we'd have a Better video and we'd have a huge European/US tour. But not everything goes to plan.

Question: Does Azoff have any influence over UK Ticketmaster as well? Is that why we don't have any UK tour dates apart from Reading and Leeds?

THIS

Btw, I got my tickets in Canada through ticketmaster.ca... So I would have to assume it's just a US thing...

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

5) ....

6) than don't be a smartass. Just respond to to a post and don't be snarky about it.

You're Welcome

I'm not sure that's entirely true at all about YouTube. Surely it requires differently licensing to be shown on TV? Anyone can put a video up on a YouTube with no questions asked, that doesn't mean I can show some low quality music video for my band I've made on MTV.

It wouldn't surprise me if Azoff's intentions were to acquire Guns N Roses and then try to get a reunion of sorts but the bottom line is Axl's not going to shift on this score for anyone, this is the financial going up against the artistic and we all know Axl's going to defend the current line up of GNR for as long as he can. it was perhaps arrogance on Azoff's part to think he'd any hope of bringing back Slash etc. into the fold.

Bottom line is there are some men who can't be bought. All the people who say Axl cliongs to the GNR name as a money spinner really make me laugh, because if money was all he really cared about he'd have done the reunion years ago. It's really about the art and the music when it comes down to it. So on this occasion, although I'm often frustrated at some of the legal wranglings Axl winds up in I'm totally behind him.

Whether he can tackle Azoff and his empire's another matter entirely. I agree with what's getting said, this is going to get nasty, I really hope this doesn't affect the tour in any way though.

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

You're welcome.

You lack charisma....

4) ...

5) ....

You're Welcome

I'm not sure that's entirely true at all about YouTube. Surely it requires differently licensing to be shown on TV? Anyone can put a video up on a YouTube with no questions asked, that doesn't mean I can show some low quality music video for my band I've made on MTV.

Music videos are commercials. So is music on the radio stations. Basically Music Videos and SIngles to the radio are free programming for those stations. It's a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours thing. (Even though I hear that they are trying to change this)

It's up to the station themselves to choose to play it. Look at how long it took MTV to put WTTJ into heavy rotation.

So no, there would be no obstacles from getting it released to TV. If it's on youtube than it's available for TV as well. The only real cost would be the production of the video itself. Even if there were licensing costs, it would not make sense to produce the video and than not pay these costs....

BTW, I watch all of my videos on YT as well.

If MTV wanted to show the video of your band, they would.

Edited by Evil Ernie

It wouldn't surprise me if Azoff's intentions were to acquire Guns N Roses and then try to get a reunion of sorts but the bottom line is Axl's not going to shift on this score for anyone, this is the financial going up against the artistic and we all know Axl's going to defend the current line up of GNR for as long as he can. it was perhaps arrogance on Azoff's part to think he'd any hope of bringing back Slash etc. into the fold.

Bottom line is there are some men who can't be bought. All the people who say Axl cliongs to the GNR name as a money spinner really make me laugh, because if money was all he really cared about he'd have done the reunion years ago. It's really about the art and the music when it comes down to it. So on this occasion, although I'm often frustrated at some of the legal wranglings Axl winds up in I'm totally behind him.

Whether he can tackle Azoff and his empire's another matter entirely. I agree with what's getting said, this is going to get nasty, I really hope this doesn't affect the tour in any way though.

I hope it doesnt affect the tour either, but i'd imagine getting the wrong side of Azoff could seriously hamper a U.S tour

I like how TMZ used a 4 year old photo, shows their journalistic skill :fuckyou:

GAWSH EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET AXL. I for one immediately discard any publication that has a picture of any older than two weeks of within print.

i dont know why you are supporting TMZ media scum and little slash wannabees that have a mental age of 10, but have fun with that.

That's exactly what TMZ are, little Slash wannabees with a mental age of 10. That's their tagline. I don't believe I took your comment out of context at all to be perfectly honest.

You obviously didnt read my post,

if you didnt see i put an and there, if you are familiar with the english language then and would mean i was talking about two types of peope:

1. TMZ who are slimy media scum (most of their reporters)

2. The little slash wanabees who agree with slash on every ocasion. Axl is not always right, but neither is slash, you should learn that.

Did Azoff also tie Axl up and throw him in a closet? Because I'm pretty sure Axl could have done a billion live TV appearances and interviews post CD launch.

If you knew the facts, you would know that Axl was in cryogenic freezing from late 2007 to late 2009.

Axl may have a point about Azoff plotting for a reunion and I don't really doubt him, but some of his wordings just make him look bad sometimes. If he would've worded some of this stuff differently, he probably could've avoided much of the garaunteed accusations of being paranoid or crazy or whatever.

Did Azoff also tie Axl up and throw him in a closet? Because I'm pretty sure Axl could have done a billion live TV appearances and interviews post CD launch.

If you knew the facts, you would know that Axl was in cryogenic freezing from late 2007 to late 2009.

...and Azoff was obviously the one adding the daily dose of liquid hydrogen to the chamber.

Well this all makes sense as many even here were stating Azoff is the "Reunion King" when he signed on. Many even hoped that was the plan, seems Axl found this the case the hard way. It also makes sense why no word from Azoff post release, and can even be stretched to reasons for no post album promo if you try hard.

All I can say is way to go Axl, go get 'em! As you can see you have much support here. I'll even testify that Azoff once sold his family dog for pez and twinkies as a child, whatever ya need. Team Axl lives!

You obviously didnt read my post,

if you didnt see i put an and there, if you are familiar with the english language then and would mean i was talking about two types of peope:

1. TMZ who are slimy media scum (most of their reporters)

2. The little slash wanabees who agree with slash on every ocasion. Axl is not always right, but neither is slash, you should learn that.

Fair enough, I overlooked the word and. My bad. Though reading your posts, I don't think you're in any position to suggest I'm not familiar with the English language. And if you'd read any of my posts in the past, you'd know what I certainly don't think Slash is always right, so don't tell me what I "should learn".

Here some people don't understand, I will explain the situation as simply as possible with a cell phone as example:

I have a contract with a cell provider, they give me service I give them money for it.

They bill me an extra $200.00 last month for no reason as I never used my phone that month.

I say no way I want that removed and I want a good faith deduction on my bill for the hassle of having to deal with this..

some would say this is a lame example etc but I know if a person or company billed me wrong(which they have) I would want compensation for the bullshit of having to deal with it( which I have gotten countless times)

I don't know about anyone here but I would not pay someone contract or not, if the service was not provided. Keep in mind I am talking about a cell phone, would you just pay the bill and shut up? Some may I suppose.. not me...

It's no different here, Azoff wants money for a tour he had no part in, so I guess Axl should just pay $2 Mil and shut up? I say no fucking way, $200 or $2,000,000 the basic principle of getting fucked applies and Azoff should not be demanding any money for services NOT rendered....

anyway my opinion, what's yours? would you just pay it even if it was wrong?

Edited by gunsguy

Azoff's lawyer's sarcastic comment about the grassy knoll is about as unprofessional as ya get. He insinuates Axl is making up any nonsense as he goes along, not the case folks, he wouldn't go up against him so publicly and lie.

If he resigned the eve of the tour, explaining Axl's soon after complaint about 'being out here without management', this is easy enough to show. (It also explains no US dates, just ask Pearl Jam) Not only would it negate his claim to the tours earnings, it would also help the sabatoge case immensely. That letter of resignation is the smoking gun, despite any tasteless snide attempts at humor regarding the Kennedy assassination to make Axl seem like he's a nutcase. Eccentric, yeah sure, but he's too smart to fight the head of Ticketmaster without a big arsenal of truth on his side of the field.

Edited by axlskAmpf