Best guitar solo on Chinese Democracy

Towelie

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't dislike the TIL solo, but it is overly long and the solo does kind of sound out-of-place.

I can't help but feel as if Axl was trying to re-create one of those magical (dare I say it) Axl/Slash November Rain or Estranged moments.

it isn't blatantly obvious enough?

I voted for Bumble's Catcher solo, which for some reason doesn't get a whole lotta love around here, probably mostly cause it replaced Brain May's solo.

still, Bumblefoot's solo > Brian May's solo

I personally like Finck's solo in "Better" right before the "Nah Nah Nah Nah"s come in the best. I love the verse chords and it was a cool change-up when he starts soloing over them.

I don't dislike the TIL solo, but it is overly long and the solo does kind of sound out-of-place.

I can't help but feel as if Axl was trying to re-create one of those magical (dare I say it) Axl/Slash November Rain or Estranged moments.

it isn't blatantly obvious enough?

I voted for Bumble's Catcher solo, which for some reason doesn't get a whole lotta love around here, probably mostly cause it replaced Brain May's solo.

still, Bumblefoot's solo > Brian May's solo

I personally like Finck's solo in "Better" right before the "Nah Nah Nah Nah"s come in the best. I love the verse chords and it was a cool change-up when he starts soloing over them.

Actually, I totally agree. I use to really hate Better but it grew on me a lot. That solo is way better than Bumble's Catcher solo, definitely one of the high points of the album for me now.

Huh I always thought it was Bucket cause of the kill switchy effect at the end of it, thats a good solo though. I just kind of hate everything about Shackler's Revenge to be honest, other than the intro with the dissonant synth and the descending wah thing, thats pretty cool

Huh I always thought it was Bucket cause of the kill switchy effect at the end of it, thats a good solo though. I just kind of hate everything about Shackler's Revenge to be honest, other than the intro with the dissonant synth and the descending wah thing, thats pretty cool

Haha Buchethead did do the kill switch part at the end but 90 percent of the solo was Ron.

Haha Buchethead did do the kill switch part at the end but 90 percent of the solo was Ron.

No, that was Ron again. If I'm not wrong even Bucket didn't use killswitch on this song...

I voted Shackler's Revenge. It's a very ballsy solo, far away from GnR's old style and I've never heard it being played in rock n' roll before - seriously, how many fretless slides or solos similar to Shackler's have you heard out there? It has a distinct start, middle and end. When I watched him doing it live I was like - what the hell was that? My eyes almost couldn't even follow his hands, lol. It's one of those solos that are so technical yet sound so awesome, original and totally different at the same time - to me as well. I voted for it because its simply my favorite GNR solo overall.

No, that was Ron again. If I'm not wrong even Bucket didn't use killswitch on this song...

I voted Shackler's Revenge. It's a very ballsy solo, far away from GnR's old style and I've never heard it being played in rock n' roll before - seriously, how many fretless slides or solos similar to Shackler's have you heard out there? It has a distinct start, middle and end. When I watched him doing it live I was like - what the hell was that? My eyes almost couldn't even follow his hands, lol. It's one of those solos that are so technical yet sound so awesome, original and totally different at the same time - to me as well. I voted for it because its simply my favorite GNR solo overall.

Nice to hear someone appreciate Shackler's guitar solo, especially since its fretless.

Nice to hear someone appreciate Shackler's guitar solo, especially since its fretless.

I love every bit of the solo! Riad solo is great as well, but they never played it live, so...

I love every bit of the solo! Riad solo is great as well, but they never played it live, so...

That song would sound amazing live.they need To play new stuff for Ron to shred too. I wish they'd give him the Sorry solo.

That song would sound amazing live.they need To play new stuff for Ron to shred too. I wish they'd give him the Sorry solo.

DJ is amazing on the Sorry solo and Ron sounds phenominal on the outro

Basically like a trade off.