Pitman on tour

redrum

Is Chris Pitman really necessary on this latest tour. I mean surely dizzy is enough.Granted there are plenty of effects on some of the CD songs but surely that could all be done from the side of the stage without an additional keyboard/synth player.

Is Chris Pitman really necessary on this latest tour. I mean surely dizzy is enough.Granted there are plenty of effects on some of the CD songs but surely that could all be done from the side of the stage without an additional keyboard/synth player.

In a way you're right but the guy has songwriting credits - it would be a tad disrespectful to suddenly ditch him.

yea but come on, in most vids iv seen he's just there banging a tambourine, surely not that essential.By all means I think he's great for studio work but just dont take him on the road. the same with Teddy Zig Zag back in the illusions days, he played harmonica on bad obsession and that was it pretty much for rest of the show.

yea but come on, in most vids iv seen he's just there banging a tambourine, surely not that essential.By all means I think he's great for studio work but just dont take him on the road. the same with Teddy Zig Zag back in the illusions days, he played harmonica on bad obsession and that was it pretty much for rest of the show.

are you paying for pitman's costs or what?

Thats the problem, in vids he doesn't seem to do much but actually live seeing it in the flesh he does.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

You kind of answered your own question. Someone has to play the tracks and he is a band member so why not do it on stage.

How about we have Bumble playing offstage as he has alot of overdubs.

ok so by your logic then when the solo for shacklers comes around you hear it but dont see Bumble.I really dont think thats the same as hearing some 10 second synth in the intro to chinese democracy and not seeing Pitman

Chris is the soul of GN'R .. maybe that's why some don´t see him

Pitman is essential for the band, multi-instrumentalist .. composotor, makes special effects .. has an incredible voice :wub:

+1 rock3 rock3 rock3:P

Pitt does a lot of layers to fatten up the live sound, which you will only notice when he is gone...which is proof he does it the right way. He won't be in your face all the time like other synth professors.

He is also the most musically mature musician in the current band, just like Izzy was in the early days.

Edited by LLL

He did the strings in Live and Let Die and November Rain, as well as some killer backing vocals on Knockin' On Heaven's Door (just check out the last chorus on the Live Era version!). You could almost say Teddy WAS Guns N' Roses. He was the Pittman of the Illusion era.

Pittman only need be on stage during the CD songs. He may as well take a break when those songs are not being played.

Is Dizzy really necessaary? as Axl should do what Dizzy does, it'll also give him the chance to rest his legs.