Where is Paul Tobias?

Lose Your Illusions

Kurt Loder called Paul the "normal guy" between a baldish headed Finck and Buckethead. Axl called Paul instrumental in keeping GNR alive in the "dark days" of the band. He played several live shows but did not want to tour. His band "Mank Rage" (the only non-GNR band I am aware he was in) put demos on their Myspace page in 2006, but nothing else. On his Wikipedia page it states " It has since been stated that he will continue to work in the studio with the band as a member even though he will not feature as an official member on the band's touring schedule." Does anyone know what truth their is to this? Also, I am wondering does anyone know if there is any other bands he worked with or are in?

I hope he's still involved in some of the writing process. Back Off Bitch, TWAT, Catcher, IRS and Prostitute? Great songs.

I totally agree. I found this 2004 Dizzy interview talks about Paul.

Dan: During that time in the mid and late 90's, when there wasn't much talk of anything going on, was there a lot of down time?

Dizzy: I was down in a rehearsal studio recording ideas with a couple other guys, a guy named Paul Huge who was in the band for a little while, and basically that's what I did five days a week. Five or six days a week, I was just down there recording ideas. A lot of great songs came out of that. Its all still there. Something will happen with that stuff eventually. That was a very cool creative period and it was great working with Paul.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Love all of Paul's input in every song that he's credited to, they're all so good! Hope he sticks around, maybe get izzy also? Getting a whole indiana band might have a cool vibe to it.

Guest RonMexico82

Who knows? The man is a mystery, a bit like that random dude that would pop up in Mortal Kombat and shout "whopee". Nobody knows why he is there but you like him all the same.

Who knows? The man is a mystery, a bit like that random dude that would pop up in Mortal Kombat and shout "whopee". Nobody knows why he is there but you like him all the same.

I believe he would yell "TOASTIEEEEEEEE" lol.