Ask Tommy on now!!

Cdlove

Oh, and I forgot he said they might start bringing in some UYI material. He said something to the effect of the band itching to put some new/not often played material into the setlist. Wait and see I suppose.

Seriously? Cool! Is there any place we can listen to this now?

Doesn't look like it at the moment. Tommy said he would tell us where we can listen to it if we didn't catch it first time. Fingers crossed this comes through.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed it and can't wait for him to put it back up somewhere. Shame that some users used this thread to argue when it was completely uncalled for but whatever.

About Tommy despising playing the old band's stuff-wouldn't you rather play your own music instead of playing someone elses music over and over and over? Just don't look at it as Tommy insulting the old band.

I missed it and can't wait for him to put it back up somewhere. Shame that some users used this thread to argue when it was completely uncalled for but whatever.

About Tommy despising playing the old band's stuff-wouldn't you rather play your own music instead of playing someone elses music over and over and over? Just don't look at it as Tommy insulting the old band.

I guess they don't have problems with that. Just look at them playing Whole Lotta Rosie or Sonic Reducer - they all love to perform these songs and yet they didn't write them. It's just a matter of playing what you like.

The e-mail must have gone out at the same time it started, I went to the site right when the e-mail arrived and it was already half over. Was cool to see though. I hope we can get an e-mail with a little more notice next time. I think this one will be posted on his site later. The part I did hear was good and he sounded relaxed and open to talking about pretty much anything. Light years away from where this band was a few years ago in regards to communication. Stuff like this along with Ron, DJ being so 'plugged in' really helps the feeling that the band is connected and alive etc....

Did he mention anything about anymore UK dates?

According to the Reading and Leeds websites, those two fesitvals are their only UK dates this year

Except they are playing Belfast so that's not true is it :rolleyes:

Can we please shut up about this "only UK dates" bullshit

Brain and Bucket are obviously friends. But, Robin and Bucket clashed according to one of they guy's from CKY.

Ali

It started when Buckethead was making fun of Robin for his cat in the hat sox and Robin fired back "h Yeah//look at you you fucking freak making an asshole out of GNR by going on MTV witha talking sock and telling the world you were aftraid of girls" Bucket head started to cry and threw a rubber chicken at Robin who fell down over a amplifier and put a run in his brand new Cat in the hat stockings.....some where Fredrico Fellini was having a damn good laugh.

true story: Robin did wear cat in the hat sox on tour(loved that macho rock and roll sunset strip thingy( and Yes..Buckethead did go on Mtv and his mouthpiece was a talking sock called Herbie who told the world that the new guitarist of GNR was scared of girls. They could have brought out midgets and a dancing bear and been more credible to the image of GNR!

Did he mention anything about anymore UK dates?

According to the Reading and Leeds websites, those two fesitvals are their only UK dates this year

Except they are playing Belfast so that's not true is it :rolleyes:

Can we please shut up about this "only UK dates" bullshit

I'm from Belfast and technically that's true, but it's pretty ambiguous as to whether it's Ireland or UK. Officially it's the UK, but you can argue either way. We certainly do.

Brain and Bucket are obviously friends. But, Robin and Bucket clashed according to one of they guy's from CKY.

Ali

It started when Buckethead was making fun of Robin for his cat in the hat sox and Robin fired back "h Yeah//look at you you fucking freak making an asshole out of GNR by going on MTV witha talking sock and telling the world you were aftraid of girls" Bucket head started to cry and threw a rubber chicken at Robin who fell down over a amplifier and put a run in his brand new Cat in the hat stockings.....some where Fredrico Fellini was having a damn good laugh.

true story: Robin did wear cat in the hat sox on tour(loved that macho rock and roll sunset strip thingy( and Yes..Buckethead did go on Mtv and his mouthpiece was a talking sock called Herbie who told the world that the new guitarist of GNR was scared of girls. They could have brought out midgets and a dancing bear and been more credible to the image of GNR!

someone was jealous

Ali

someone was jealous

Robin was jealous because Bucket is a good live guitarist.

The extremes are pushed further apart by internet bickering.

If the internet didn't exist you would probably be a lot closer in opinion than this place allows you to be.

I love CD and all the other albums. What I prefer does not make me pretend to hate the other(s).

I imagine that people who prefer CD love the old albums too, and the people that love the old albums still (secretly) think that parts of CD are good too.

But this incessant arguing is causing a slight preference to blossom into hatred for the other.

Axl obviously still thinks that the old GNR songs are good and relevant enough to play at concerts, and Slash has admitted that CD is a great album.

These are the real people with qualified opinions and they don't spend half their lives arguing over who does the nightrain solo better.

It's pointless, you like what you like and you're not gonna change peoples minds.

Regardless of everything some of the best songs in the world don't have the best guitarists, the best singers, the best bass and drums on them.

But they are the best because of the song and how the people approach them. Arguing over detail isn't what music is about.

Yeah so I signed up for Tommy's site to see his videos backstage. I confirmed, tried to sign in using the password they say to use, and I get an all white page that has the same blue links as prior page. When I hit backstage again I get it again, no videos in sight. Meanwhile they keep sending me updates and I can't see a thing. That said I'm sure it's a lovely site.

Edited by axlskAmpf

Guest Sweet Tooth

"I'd like to thank everybody who tuned into "Ask Tommy," my first live broadcast on uStream. Unfortunately, due to some technical difficulties we were unable to archive it for you peoples, but rest assured that we'll be doing another one again soon, and I will actually get it recorded this time."

Of course, what a shmuck - we should ask him the exact same questions next time.