Eminem vs. Lil Wayne

bacardimayne

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem makes it to the top - he starts talking shit on his mom.

Wayne makes it to the top - he buys his mom a new house.

Tiger Woods/Lebron make it to the top - take care of mom.

Drew Brees/Dale Jr. fuck em

His songs are often about trying not to repeat the mistakes of his parents and making sure he raises his daughters well. His new album is all about facing your demons and not blaming people for your own mistakes and looking forward. How is that a bad message?

Em's mom abandoned him for her addictions and vices and pretty much left him to his own - it's something that propels much of his songwriting. I don't see how that has any merits on his abilities or talent.

This post has no racist overtones whatsoever.

I agree.

When I'm Gone is an incredible piece of songwriting. Eminem is literally having a conversation with his daughter over her feelings of abandonment. Take a couple minutes to listen to it and pay attention to the lyrics. Who else is writing songs like that? Especially in hip hop, where vulnerability is non-existent from most artists..

Eminem is not only better than Lil Wayne, he's better than most songwriters alive today..

-Kickingthehabit

When I'm Gone is an incredible piece of songwriting. Eminem is literally having a conversation with his daughter over her feelings of abandonment. Take a couple minutes to listen to it and pay attention to the lyrics. Who else is writing songs like that? Especially in hip hop, where vulnerability is non-existent from most artists..

Eminem is not only better than Lil Wayne, he's better than most songwriters alive today..

-Kickingthehabit

When was the last time I told you I loved you?

Guest Apollo

Wow.

If somebody makes a negative post concerning a black person - you scream and cry racism. But you just did what you always accuse other people of doing....except you actually did it. You are the biggest racist on this forum, and this post pretty much proves it. Its a crying shame that you see everybody as a color. Thank God that most people today don't judge people by the color of their skin.

And why so much anger towards whitey! You are a college student, or recently graduated, making 50 grand a year.......doesn't seem like the evil white man is holding you down.

Lil Wayne is pretty terrible. The new 50 Cent/Ja Rule/Any other generic rapper you can think off who's just out to make money and doesn't care about actually "rapping".

Eminem is great with lyrics and storytelling. But when you can make up your story out of thin air, how hard is it to make up lyrics for that story?

Nasty Nas is better than all. And has been since BBQ.

Guest Len B'stard

Lil Wayne is pretty terrible. The new 50 Cent/Ja Rule/Any other generic rapper you can think off who's just out to make money and doesn't care about actually "rapping".

Eminem is great with lyrics and storytelling. But when you can make up your story out of thin air, how hard is it to make up lyrics for that story?

Nasty Nas is better than all. And has been since BBQ.

I quite like 50 Cent...he ain't no genius but he's pretty good :)

Guest deleted_19765

Wayne is clearly on top of the game right now, and I think at the end of the day, the two of them will have about the same influence. This is Wayne's time though, and I have to admit I'd rather be listening to him.

By the way, has anyone here not heard "Single for the Night"?

Guest deleted_19765

Eminem writes better lyrics but Wayne has a better flow. They're both great, but I think that there is much more depth to Eminem's music than Wayne's.

That depth is only on the surface with Eminem. An Eminem album has always been like a meeting with a psychiatrist. Can we forget "mom's spaghetti" in one of his most straightforward fist-pumping singles? We are made well of aware of Em's headspace, and special care is taken to outline the extremes. He is amazing at this, as himself or in character (you can't fuck with "Stan"). And yes, he gives us more to talk about than the more exclusively materialist rappers.

Wayne is deep in the way he can turn a phrase, the metaphors he can get away with, and the way he uses his voice as an instrument. He can make lines like "sharper than a swagger dagger all metal" not just work but sound totally badass. Wayne is like the postmodern condition finally creeping into mainstream rap. He's revolutionary.

Can't you see how the two are the same? I'm afraid that many rap listeners are quicker to advocate lyrics that would look good on a page than those that might just make the most sense in song. Form is content.

Edited by AgainstAllOdds