I'ts Been A Fun Ride

Guest King Of Spades

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the faith man, small cell is difficult indeed but my dad was diagnosed with 3 months to live and made it for 16, my mom similar. She got treatments as opposed to pop who had brain tumors, he just went on for a long time. She, though, had full remission that lasted about 6 months before the return. The issue becomes quality of life and feeling sicker from the chemo. My heart goes out to you bro, really does, and my only advice is the power of prayer can be shocking. If nothing else getting closer to God now is a good idea all around as our time here is a mere blink of an eye, better things ahead, hard as that may be to fathom. Just keep the faith and as you can see many here care. To paraphrase Johnny Ramone before passing he said something like "Being rich in life is measured by the friends you had, that's why I was wealthy".

Peace to you, and the guys and gals here saying don't give up are right, anything is possible as I said above.

Best piece of wisdom on this thread as of yet.

THIS GUY REALL NEEDS SOME BAND SUPPORT HERE TOO.

IM SURE THEYL COME THROUGH FOR YOUMAN XXX BUT I DNT THINK THEY WILL REALISE NEW MUSIC 4 YOU IM SURE YOUR IN DEXTERS THOUGHTS AS YOU ARE IN MINE/OUR YEAH ITS FUCKING UNFATHONABLE AND I DNT KNOW WHAT TOO SAY EXEPT THAT THIS WILL PROBLY ALL LOOK TRIVIAL ONCE YOU GET THE ENLIHTENMENT WE ALL CRAVE THERE IS GOTTA BE BETTER THAN THIS DONT FUCKING WORRY THERE IS ALREADY PROOF OF THAT MAN IF ANYTHING FEEL BLESSED THAT GOD WANT YOU WITH HIM NOW...ITL BE COOL MAN TAKE IT EASY AND FOCUS ON FAMILY INSTEAD OF GNR WHIE YOU CAN WE WILL ALL BE IN THE AUDIENCE TOGETHER ON DAY WATCHING THEM ON STAGE IN HEAVEN...

There's not much else to be said that hasn't already been said, but much like everybody else, all I can say is stay strong and keep fighting! Miracles do happen and even though news like this is understandably difficult to grasp, the important thing is to stay positive and make every moment count. Crank up the Guns N' Roses and let the good times roll! I wish you all the best!

Though the news appears grim, this is indeed often an opportunity to reflect on one's priorities in life and to value each of life's precious moments.

With the unconditional love and support of your family and friends, you will pull through to the other side of this battle.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Though the news appears grim, this is indeed often an opportunity to reflect on one's priorities in life and to value each of life's precious moments.

With the unconditional love and support of your family and friends, you will pull through to the other side of this battle.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

I have to say your story breaks my heart, i pray that you live long and fight hard for every moment you can get out of this life. You are in my prayers my friend.

Fuck cancer. You can beat this. Stay strong and optimistic. I know it's easier said than done, but do it.

My fiance's father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2004. It's a semi-rare form of cancer related to the bones and bone marrow. They gave him 6 months to live. It's 2010 and he's still alive and kicking. This is a 74 year old Korean man who was in the military when he was young, smoked 1-2 packs per day and drank on a fairly regular basis FOR NEARLY 50 YEARS since his early 20's. He changed his bad habits, stopped smoking and drinking, did several treatments and chemo cycles and he's doing fine. Not perfect, but he's still alive, has relatively low discomfort and pain, but most importantly he appreciates the fuck out of life and cherishes every moment and pleasure regardless of how minor or major it is.

I know your case is different, but I wanted to share how anything is possible.

Good luck to you and please reach out if you need anything.

Peace. rock3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man!

I was 22 years old when I was diagnosed with bowel cancer.

It had spread into my lymph nodes aswell, so I had to have the full chemotherapy treatment.

I had a colostomy bag for a year, and they removed most of my bowels, but I'm very thankful the procudure was reversed and I now everything's back to "normal".

I am happy to say I've been in remission for almost 4 years now. So there's no reason to give up!

I've been a Guns N Roses fan ever since You Could Be Mine came out, and my parents bought me the vinyl single waaaay back then. And this year I'll finally be seeing Axl perform live in Belgium and Holland, after never being able to go to the other shows I wanted to attend (Goffert in 91 or 92, Pukkelpop, Graspop and Goffert in 2006).

So keep your spirit up, as it helps!

And this is a message to everybody=

Make the best of what you have, you only have one life! If you look back on your life and think to yourself "what if? why didn't I?", then you've done something wrong! It's a short ride, make the most of it!

Guest King Of Spades

Thought I would come on here and give an update.

The treatment I have right now doesn't seem to be doing so much as of right now. As a quote from the doctor "its starting to spread at a rapid rate" so I'm looking into some of those home remedies people have been showing me to see how that will help.

My spirit is up and I'm thankful for all the support I have received

Thought I would come on here and give an update.

The treatment I have right now doesn't seem to be doing so much as of right now. As a quote from the doctor "its starting to spread at a rapid rate" so I'm looking into some of those home remedies people have been showing me to see how that will help.

My spirit is up and I'm thankful for all the support I have received

If the cancer is spreading you gotta fight harder its the only option.

Seriously bud wishing you all the best with your struggle.