Axl takes Manhattan

ITW 2012

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the fact we haven't heard any of the new(er) songs played live means there isn't much worth hearing. At least parts of just about every song on CD was played live years before the album's release. Yet all these other songs have never been live tested seems weird to me. Songs that were created and recorded at the same time or even before some of the stuff that ended up being released. We had so many leaks and so much of it played live, but we've heard absolutely nothing from whatever else may or may not come out. I think that is bizarre and doesn't bode all that highly from new-old material.

In the modern age of the internet and you tube, It's understandable bands are worried about playing new material live before it's released.

It doesn't mean the unheard material is of poor quality or doesn't exist.

I'd be happy if Silkworms and Oh My God were on CD II.

I like you.

Silkworms would be a great opener to CDll and a reworked,remixed Oh My God would be amazing as I really liked the direction Axl took with it and if developed, could lead to very interesting musical places in songs that share the Oh My God dna. Should be explored imo.

Edited by Rovim

Axl being in New York after each leg of the tour is becoming habit. Do you guys think he's ironing things out for the release of CD II? It's starting to feel that way.

for "CD II", theyre going to stop touring and head into the studio.

there is not an albums worth of finished material left over from CD.

Axl being in New York after each leg of the tour is becoming habit. Do you guys think he's ironing things out for the release of CD II? It's starting to feel that way.

How do you know that?

CD2 is done kids, we just have to wait a few more months.

Either one or both of you is full of shit.

Maybe he likes all the models in NYC?

LA is full of pretty actresses.

Why does Axl prefer models to actresses???

Models are just walking bodies, while actresses seem to have some sense

Thats all he needs

and actresses only seem like they have sense because they're actresses

I think Axl just likes NYC, didn't he say (around 2006 time) that he was thinking of moving there?

Axl told Howard Stern as early as 1989 that he planned on getting a place in Manhattan.

He's pretty good at putting things off.

He is, but it also proves he has always liked NYC, and therefore, his appearance in NYC does not suggest anything more than Axl just wanting to be there.

As for people arguing over actresses or models.... :rolleyes:

How do you know that?

first off, do you take into consideration who are the people building up these ideas and dreams and rumours of the second album coming out?

its good ol' randy lahey, back from behind the ban hammer, back from the dead.

for some reason or the other, the new moderating policies dictate, that he is let to his own devices, to spew his dreams and anxiousness over hearing more axl stuff allover the place. so the news section is a smoke and mirrors game where cupcakes and dreamers like randy lahey, are building up this idea of the new album, and they building it upon NOTHING. Its bordering on trolling, its lunacy, its just these crazy ideas getting thrown around.

As he himself states, "its starting to feel that way". So the best evidence of a new album are randy laheys feelings, and he is a member who got banned because he was blurting his, admittedly entertaining, but confusing ideas and dreams in the news/discussion forum like its actual guns n roses related news or whatever.

Read the Del James interview where AXL HIMSELF shoots the idea of the next album down, in pretty simple terms and in very plain wording.

The same people who are now drumming up the idea of the new album coming out soon are the people, who some years back, where making "axl should do hiphop versions of CD songs" threads, one thread every week with that bullshit.

now its the new album talk, again.

I could go on about how axl has this idea of a cohesive band that he wants to present, and the stuff that was getting worked on for chinese democracy originally? most of those people have left the group and axl didnt even want these songs to come out. or the video. because of that. because bucket has left, his good drummers have left, and even the nine inch nails guy left him at the eve of his albums release.

if there is going to be a new album, its most probably going to be mostly fresh original material, written by his current bandmembers and him together. so for an album to happen, the touring needs to end and bumblefoot and this new tattooed tophat guy will start writing the album or something like that.

Thats all he needs

Umm believe it or not but as men get older it's not just about what's between a womans legs!

Thats all he needs

Umm believe it or not but as men get older it's not just about what's between a womans legs!

well yeah but given Axl's track record with women it's hard to imagine him looking for somebody to settle down with

Thats all he needs

well yeah but given Axl's track record with women it's hard to imagine him looking for somebody to settle down with

Teejay is a women, so I find it hard to believe that she actually know what a man really wants as they get older. ;)

He could be working on Guns N Roses, but I doubt it. Probably just hanging out and partying in his favorite city.

Anything's possible though, he very well be putting some finishing touches on the new album. Just seems weird after every leg of the tour he's in NYC. Isn't the UMG studio there?

Would be logical, but he's Axl Rose, I don't think logical is in his vocabulary.