Official Reading And Leeds Twitter "Guns N' Roses have NOT Cancelled"

Binge_And_Slash

Well well well, you never can tell... We are looking into this tweet http://twitter.com/axlrose/status/21260607784 from the @AxlRose twitter account. Please keep up with us here on Facebook and Twitter for official word. Thank you - GN'R" GNR @ Facebook

... Why was it so hard to clearly state that the dates are NOT cancelled and the account was HACKED? Because some people will not get it.

This actually sounds like the band itself doesn't know if they are cancelled or not and they're waiting for Axl to clarify this.

Also Bumblefoot on his facebook told us to wait 48 hours for more news... sounds like he didn't know

Well well well, you never can tell... We are looking into this tweet http://twitter.com/axlrose/status/21260607784 from the @AxlRose twitter account. Please keep up with us here on Facebook and Twitter for official word. Thank you - GN'R" GNR @ Facebook

... Why was it so hard to clearly state that the dates are NOT cancelled and the account was HACKED? Because some people will not get it.

This actually sounds like the band itself doesn't know if they are cancelled or not and they're waiting for Axl to clarify this.

Also Bumblefoot on his facebook told us to wait 48 hours for more news... sounds like he didn't know

Wrong.

He said that whatever it was, it would be fixed in 48 hours

It seems to me that if it were a "password issue" with Axl's twitter account, they could get that resolved really quickly and already have that tweet removed. I don't buy that, something is up. Are they just trying to bring Axl back down to Earth right now and get him to change his mind?

It seems to me that if it were a "password issue" with Axl's twitter account, they could get that resolved really quickly and already have that tweet removed. I don't buy that, something is up. Are they just trying to bring Axl back down to Earth right now and get him to change his mind?

Twitter has 141 employees who wouldn't be working on weekends most likely.

Take into account the stuff that they will have to correct from the weekend before the Axl tweet then it will take a while for it to get sorted out.

BETA COULD HAVE LOGGED-IN HERE AND DISPELLED THIS RUMOR

BUT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GO ONE RECORD AND RISK AXLS WRATH

INSTEAD SHE SENT A BEHIND THE SCENES PHONE CALL TO ERIC ... HOW VERY VAGUE AND STRANGE?

DID DEXTER'S PASSWORD ON MYGNR GET CRACKED TOO?

Wrong.

He said that whatever it was, it would be fixed in 48 hours

It's not wrong, it's an interpretation. "hopefully whatever it is " certainly sounds to me like he didn't know

Wrong.

Have you ever had an account cracked on Twitter? I have and there is absolutely no way to get it resolved until you email the hell out of them which can take a week (in my case it took 4 days).

After someone finally replies to you, you have to send proof such as a driver's license and other info to prove to Twitter that you are who you say you are and that your account has been cracked.

Wrong.

Have you ever had an account cracked on Twitter? I have and there is absolutely no way to get it resolved until you email the hell out of them which can take a week (in my case it took 4 days).

After someone finally replies to you, you have to send proof such as a driver's license and other info to prove to Twitter that you are who you say you are and that your account has been cracked.

No, never had my twitter account hacked. Your response seems plausible. But that only explains that post. They have other avenues of getting information out. There's the @gunsnroses twitter, and their Facebook (not to mention these forums, or the evil media). If Axl's twitter account was hacked, why wouldn't they say "the shows aren't cancelled"? I can't find the message they sent out that says that.

Wrong.

That doesn't stop him from logging onto Dexter and posting something here.

Wrong.

:rolleyes:

GNR never were the band to do things by the book so why on heaven's earth do you think that is going to be the case now?

Why do you need Dexter to log in here and reclairify what was already clairified?

The GNR camp called Eric last night and clairified that Axl's account was cracked.

That should be sufficient enough but some of you still feel the need to fly with the thought of "someone left the band" or "we need Dexter to log in here" when having Eric supply you with the info be sufficient.

Edited by M&S

Wrong.

No, never had my twitter account hacked. Your response seems plausible. But that only explains that post. They have other avenues of getting information out. There's the @gunsnroses twitter, and their Facebook (not to mention these forums, or the evil media). If Axl's twitter account was hacked, why wouldn't they say "the shows aren't cancelled"? I can't find the message they sent out that says that.

MS is full of shit.

You don't have to all of those things your account is compromised.

Seriously, send in your DL #......LMAO.

Wrong.

MS is full of shit.

You don't have to all of those things your account is compromised.

Seriously, send in your DL #......LMAO.

No I am not. I had to send in proof I was who I said I was in order for them to fix my account when it got compromised.

Facebook makes you do the same thing.

And it takes forever to have someone respond to your numerous emails to Twitter and Facebook security and get anything done to fix an issue.

It doesn't matter who you are in regards to Facebook and twitter. If your account is compromsed, they make you jump through hoops to get it fixed!

Edited by M&S

Wrong.

:rolleyes:

The GNR camp called Eric last night and clairified that Axl's account was cracked.

That should be sufficient enough but some of you still feel the need to fly with the thought of "someone left the band" or "we need Dexter to log in here" when having Eric supply you with the info be sufficient.

It never fails that everyone on here thrives on negativity for a band they supposedly are fans of.

GNR never were the band to do things by the book so why on heaven's earth do you think that is going to be the case now?

Bumblefoot saying "We'll sort it out in 48 hours", suggesting he doesn't know what's going on either. There are probably people who have already refunded their tickets, something like this should be sorted out immediately. There's a big difference between not doing things by the book and being an edgy rock n' roll band and simply being insulting to the one group who are keeping this circus going, the fans.

If Axl gave a shit, he would've said something. You can keep on lying to yourself that he doesn't have to, but he does. In my opinion, it was a crack, and the tour is going on as planned, but that doesn't excuse the fact that yet again that whoever runs this band has shown their true colours, that they can't manage a band for shit.

Quite frankly, it's ridiculous, and that's why Guns N' Roses are a complete laughing stock to most people. Eric has supplied us with very little information because that's likely all he's received. "We're working on it." That's a fucked up response from the camp upon Axl's twitter saying "REST OF TOUR IS CANCELLED", whether it was him or not.

As long as they play Belfast/Dublin, I couldn't give a shit. I'm very disappointed by how this has been handled, but I've come to expect that.

Some stuff really makes one think that maybe Axl has had enough now, for whatever reason and the management and the other guys are working to get him back in the mood for touring...

Sounds strange, yeah, but what exactly isn't strange in the world of GNR.

Some stuff really makes one think that maybe Axl has had enough now, for whatever reason and the management and the other guys are working to get him back in the mood for touring...

I blame Azoff and the lawsuit.

I mean, Azoff did hit below the belt intentionally when he referred to W. Axl Rose as Bill Bailey and that is pretty low knowing how much W. Axl Rose has gone through personally and it's almost like Azoff was really trying to emotionally hurt Axl and that is unclassy. No lawsuit has ever referred to him as Bill Bailey.

If Axl wins this lawsuit, he will be the only person who succeeded taking down this person.

This lawsuit isn't like others that Axl has gone through. I am sure it has to be very draining and with an upcoming tour in place, the last thing Axl needs is Azoff pulling crap like that.

I mean go ahead and sue each other for $$$ or what ever but to intentionally refer to him as Bill Bailey is pretty low.

To me or you, yeah we could care less and would probably laugh if Azoff did this to us. But this is Axl Rose we are referring to and he does have emotional unstability and stuff like that can hurt a person very deeply and can make them unfocused and not feeling like a complete person.

Edited by M&S

I mean, Azoff did hit below the belt intentionally when he referred to W. Axl Rose as Bill Bailey and that is pretty low knowing how much W. Axl Rose has gone through personally and it's almost like Azoff was really trying to emotionally hurt Axl and that is unclassy. No lawsuit has ever referred to him as Bill Bailey.

If Axl wins this lawsuit, he will be the only person who succeeded taking down this person.

This lawsuit isn't like others that Axl has gone through. I am sure it has to be very draining and with an upcoming tour in place, the last thing Axl needs is Azoff pulling crap like that.

I mean go ahead and sue each other for $$$ or what ever but to intentionally refer to him as Bill Bailey is pretty low.

To me or you, yeah we could care less and would probably laugh if Azoff did this to us. But this is Axl Rose we are referring to and he does have emotional unstability and stuff like that can hurt a person very deeply and can make them unfocused and not feeling like a complete person.

You make it sound like Axl is a 13 year old boy who was getting teased by the school bully and broke down and started crying.

He is a grown ass man who according to DJ was out looking at guns to buy yesterday. If he is that emotionally unstable that someone calling him Bill Bailey sets him off the deep end then he should be institutionalized for severe mental illness.

You make it sound like Axl is a 13 year old boy who was getting teased by the school bully and broke down and started crying.

He is a grown ass man who according to DJ was out looking at guns to buy yesterday. If he is that emotionally unstable that someone calling him Bill Bailey sets him off the deep end then he should be institutionalized for severe mental illness.

Gee, aren't you just full of compassion :rolleyes:

I would expect a comment like this from you since you have been negative since GNR's inception.

I think you should be institutionalized for severe negativity. :fuckyou:

Edited by M&S

some people prefer to dream about GNR canceling that read whats being said...

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-s-twitter-account-hacked-tour-still-1004109436.story?sms_ss=facebook#/news/axl-rose-s-twitter-account-hacked-tour-still-1004109436.story?sms_ss=facebook

Axl Rose's Twitter Account Hacked, Tour Still On

If you believed Axl Rose's Twitter account last night, the Guns N' Roses frontman had unilaterally canceled the band's upcoming European tour.

The message posted on Sunday evening (Aug. 15) stated: "All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds."

It always seemed likely to be a hoax: Rose is not active on Twitter and this is the first post in three months. Rose's other messages were posted via iPhone and this latest tweet was via mobile web. It was also curious that it had the British spelling of "cancelled."

Nevertheless, it proved disruptive as GNR's tour partners in the U.K. and Europe had to investigate the announcement. Ticket holders who saw early media reports of the supposed cancellation will doubtless be seeking refunds.

The band is due to headline Reading and Leeds Festivals, organized by Live Nation's Festival Republic operation, on Aug. 27 and Aug. 29 respectively.

"Festival Republic are informed by GN'R management that Guns N' Roses have NOT canceled their performances at Reading & Leeds and that Axl Rose's twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded," said a Festival Republic statement today (Aug. 16).

There are a further 24 European dates including a London O2 Arena show on Oct. 13, for which AEG Live is the promoter.

some people prefer to dream about GNR canceling that read whats being said...

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-s-twitter-account-hacked-tour-still-1004109436.story?sms_ss=facebook#/news/axl-rose-s-twitter-account-hacked-tour-still-1004109436.story?sms_ss=facebook

Axl Rose's Twitter Account Hacked, Tour Still On

If you believed Axl Rose's Twitter account last night, the Guns N' Roses frontman had unilaterally canceled the band's upcoming European tour.

The message posted on Sunday evening (Aug. 15) stated: "All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds."

It always seemed likely to be a hoax: Rose is not active on Twitter and this is the first post in three months. Rose's other messages were posted via iPhone and this latest tweet was via mobile web. It was also curious that it had the British spelling of "cancelled."

Nevertheless, it proved disruptive as GNR's tour partners in the U.K. and Europe had to investigate the announcement. Ticket holders who saw early media reports of the supposed cancellation will doubtless be seeking refunds.

The band is due to headline Reading and Leeds Festivals, organized by Live Nation's Festival Republic operation, on Aug. 27 and Aug. 29 respectively.

"Festival Republic are informed by GN'R management that Guns N' Roses have NOT canceled their performances at Reading & Leeds and that Axl Rose's twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded," said a Festival Republic statement today (Aug. 16).

There are a further 24 European dates including a London O2 Arena show on Oct. 13, for which AEG Live is the promoter.

Thank you for posting.

:thumbsup:

Edited by M&S