I want Axl MY WAY !!

gnfnr2006

The people that spend hard earned money on a ticket that has a specific start time on it can demand him to get on stage on time. He should be on stage by or around that time, not fucking hours late. It's usually a good rule of thumb to live up to what the people expect, or else you don't get their money anymore.

no one can demand him anything either tell him when or how soon he SHOULD ( <-- god, I hate this word.I get fucking angry anytime someone tells me I "should" something.) appear on stage. He is an artist and the artists lead their things the way they wante them to go. I thought that within these 25 years people would learn this but as I see, some don't. At the end of the day he is Axl Rose and fuck the rest

Edited by TarjaR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't keep giving him your money and then complaining about the service he provides. Just stop giving him your money. He's going to be late or not show up at all. He might get mad after the second song and leave. These facts have been established. I've been to several shows since the beginning and I know the drill personally. Unless there's another Hammerstein-style show that doesn't require much of my effort, I'm going to pass from now on.

The people that spend hard earned money on a ticket that has a specific start time on it can demand him to get on stage on time. He should be on stage by or around that time, not fucking hours late. It's usually a good rule of thumb to live up to what the people expect, or else you don't get their money anymore.

no one can demand him anything either tell him when or how soon he SHOULD ( <-- god, I hate this word.I get fucking angry anytime someone tells me I "should" something.) appear on stage. He is an artist and the artists lead their things the way they wante them to go. I thought that within these 25 years people would learn this but as I see, some don't. At the end of the day he is Axl Rose and fuck the rest

And at the end of the day, when he's in the stadium alone because people are sick of his shit, he'll be the one complaining that everyone is against him, when it's his own fault. If you want to make money and be successful, you treat your fans right, and you surely don't leave them sitting for hours with their thumbs up their asses. How would you feel if you invited someone over for dinner, and they showed up 3 hours late with no explanation? Would you say that it's O.K., and they can fuck everything else? Axl is no different. Believe it or not, it's disrespectful when fans pay good money to see him, and he treats them like utter shit. Just because you're an artist doesn't mean you can't have a little common courtesy and respect for people.

I'm a fan of the MUSIC. Not a fan of Axl's sometimes asshole-like behavior. No matter what anyone says, nobody is gonna convince me that it isn't rude to leave your fans waiting 2 hours ( or longer) for you to decide to grace them with your presence.

I've seen the band a few times now, so I'm good as far as all that goes. I'll continue to buy music (if/when they ever put anything else out) & T Shirts, but I'm not paying the $90 or more to see them in concert anymore. I'll save my $$ for other bands that put on great shows & actually have respect for their fans.

And at the end of the day, when he's in the stadium alone because people are sick of his shit, he'll be the one complaining that everyone is against him, when it's his own fault. If you want to make money and be successful, you treat your fans right, and you surely don't leave them sitting for hours with their thumbs up their asses. How would you feel if you invited someone over for dinner, and they showed up 3 hours late with no explanation? Would you say that it's O.K., and they can fuck everything else? Axl is no different. Believe it or not, it's disrespectful when fans pay good money to see him, and he treats them like utter shit. Just because you're an artist doesn't mean you can't have a little common courtesy and respect for people.

Yes, he is who he is and you know who he is. So leave that relationship now. When he's in a stadium alone, it will be his problem and not yours. You are clearly unhappy in this relationship - SO LEAVE IT.

The people that I feel for are the ones with tickets and not enough information to feel comfortable in the situation right now. And it would only take one small phrase. For the rest, same Axl, different day.

He ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH ANY PRODUCT HE/SHE BUYS BEFORE HE/SHE BUYS IT.

DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT MAYBE AXL TELLS THE PROMOTORS HE WONT BE ON UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND THEY PUT WHATEVER TIME THEY WANT ON THE TICKET ANYWAY??

yea maybe Axl tells the promoters he wont be on till late...................... and doesnt bother to tell the rest of his band, eh?

the late starts and no shows were a huge problem for former members, and its a huge problem for at least one current member

fans are pretty much repeating what Ron said and what Slash said many times before

people sit here and defend the guy like an abused housewife-its who he is -hes always been this way-hes not gonna change for you

your basically letting the world know your nothing but a doormat willing to be treated like shit, even paying someone to treat you like shit lol

dont waste time telling fans not to go to shows or support the band, go one step further

grow a fuckin pair, go to Ron and let him know he shouldnt complain about late starts and lack of communication. he shouldnt be in the band anymore. he must have known Axl ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. Ron needs to shut up and stop tryin to be so courteous and apologetic thats not rock n roll. Axl doesnt do that, hes really cool.

Everyone has to decide where their line of tolerance is with Axl. Mine is pretty far since I don't really care about all of this stuff. I didn't wait for CD, I just lived my life and when he got around to it I got re-interested. Today, he's just an actor in this odd play that's going on. Axl behaving and meeting deadlines and acting sane are not qualities of the Axl that we all love. And we love the drama. Don't you get just a little more excited when all of this nonsense is going on? Come on, you do.

I don't really get why so many get so offended by Axl's actions. He's just a blip in your day, isn't he? He's just a small percentage of one of your hobbies. I defend the guy, but not because I could care less about what he's doing, but because I don't understand the effort put into any anger or frustration with him. Just go do something else.

If you hire a repairman, and he turns up hours late with no real explanation as to why other than "I wanted to come later" you'd be pissed. If your house is on fire and you call the emergency services, only for them to turn up to the smouldering remains of your house with a "Sorry man, I didn't feel like coming earlier", you'd be livid.

The bottom line is, when somebody is providing you a service and that service comes with standards such as a certain time it is to be expected, and especially when you are paying for this service out of your own loyalty to that person, they have a duty as a decent human being to live up to such standards and treat the person like they actually appreciate the money.

Do you think Axl would have the name and rep he does today if everyone had merely stood by and said "Eh I like that album, but I don't WANT to give them my money"? He'd still be roaming the gutters of LA trying to get a break like Tracii Guns.

The sorry state this band is in these days, with a lack of even the most basic of PR or management skills, is ultimately what seems to be responsible for much of the animosity towards them, not "lolz slash aint in de band no moar imma go cupcake axl" as most of the Axl defenders would have you believe. I really do feel for guys like DJ and Bumble who love to connect with the fans, yet are constantly being hated on by these very people because of the whole mess this band is in at the moment. The performances this tour have been amazing, Axl is in top form and it started out very promising with constant twitter updates, connecting with the fans and longer setlists. But ever since this European tour began it just seems like Axl isn't as into it anymore - now I don't know why that is, but it strikes me that if you're not into doing it, you shouldn't schedule more dates in the first place. What you don't do is book a tour, have thousands of fans pay their hard-earned money (with many either in the middle of or just coming out of a recent recession, might I add) for travel, expenses and the ticket itself, only for something like this to arise.

I do appreciate that it's been said the post did not come from Axl but with a track record like his eyebrows have rightly been raised by many, and is it really too much to ask for a more indepth press release to the media to get the message out, as opposed to a small phonecall to a forum moderator and some fb and twitter posts?

Hopefully all can be sorted and I'll be able to see the guys in October in Birmingham - ticket has been bought and I'm really hopeful, though not entirely confident, this situation can be sorted out quickly and professionally and the band can move on to rock again in 2010!

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

If you hire a repairman, and he turns up hours late with no real explanation as to why other than "I wanted to come later" you'd be pissed. If your house is on fire and you call the emergency services, only for them to turn up to the smouldering remains of your house with a "Sorry man, I didn't feel like coming earlier", you'd be livid.

The bottom line is, when somebody is providing you a service and that service comes with standards such as a certain time it is to be expected, and especially when you are paying for this service out of your own loyalty to that person, they have a duty as a decent human being to live up to such standards and treat the person like they actually appreciate the money.

Do you think Axl would have the name and rep he does today if everyone had merely stood by and said "Eh I like that album, but I don't WANT to give them my money"? He'd still be roaming the gutters of LA trying to get a break like Tracii Guns.

The sorry state this band is in these days, with a lack of even the most basic of PR or management skills, is ultimately what seems to be responsible for much of the animosity towards them, not "lolz slash aint in de band no moar imma go cupcake axl" as most of the Axl **I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**s would have you believe. I really do feel for guys like DJ and Bumble who love to connect with the fans, yet are constantly being hated on by these very people because of the whole mess this band is in at the moment. The performances this tour have been amazing, Axl is in top form and it started out very promising with constant twitter updates, connecting with the fans and longer setlists. But ever since this Europeran tour began it just seems like Axl isn't as into it anymore - now I don't know why that is, but it strikes me that if you're not into doing it, you shouldn't schedule more dates in the first place. What you don't do is book a tour, have thousands of fans pay their hard-earned money (with many either in the middle of or just coming out of a recent recession, might I add) for travel, expenses and the ticket itself, only for something like this to arise.

I do appreciate that it's been said the post did not come from Axl but with a track record like his eyebrows have rightly been raised by many, and is it really too much to ask for a more indepth press release to the media to get the message out, as opposed to a small phonecall to a forum moderator and some fb and twitter posts?

Hopefully all can be sorted and I'll be able to see the guys in October in Birmingham - ticket has been bought and I'm really hopeful, though not entirely confident, this situation can be sorted out quickly and professionally and the band can move on to rock again in 2010!

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I can guarantee that as soon as that repairman was late, I'd never use his services again. His lateness is his fault. My tolerating it is mine. Each person has to determine his own level of tolerance. Obviously DJ and Ron have not met their's yet and if they have, they should leave (assuming legally they can). Axl is the same Axl he has always been. It is your responsibility to define whether you consider the relationship between you and Axl to be toxic or abusive or dysfunctional and if you do, you should leave. Or don't complain if he hits you again.

It's not too much to ask for a more in depth public statement of what is happening. But it hasn't come. So have you reached your level of intolerance with this behaviour, which is pretty standard Axl behaviour? If so, are you leaving or is there still room for more?

No offense but variations of this thread have been posted here for as long as I can remember. People have been sticking up for Axl as long as people have been bashing Axl -- I admire your passion for the band and your respect for what you perceive as Axl's artistic integrity, but I can see both sides of this argument. I tend to lie somewhere in the middle: I always respected Axl's dedication to his own beliefs and that was one of the things I dug the most about him, but I don't think his beliefs are always necessarily right. ;) Sometimes I think he's spot-on and other times I don't. I basically try not to veer too much one way or the other -- I think when you fall into that zone where you are unconditionally praising or bashing someone it can be hard to even enjoy being a fan anymore. The people who bash Axl nonstop are idiots and the people who stick by every single thing he ever says or does seem similarly silly to me. When I was a bit younger it was easier for me to view Axl as sort of a faultless hero, but over time I've lost some of that. It's easy for me to continue enjoying his music immensely and seeing him as a rock icon, but it doesn't mean I've gotta hang on his every word or whatever. He's a human and no human is perfect.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Buyer beware.

Senseless rambling about when and why shows get cancelled or the band takes the stage late is simply that. Senseless.

Part of the draw of the "most dangerous band" in the world is their unpredictability. It is in the spirit of what they do.

Axl and co. are not here to provide a service. They express their music their choosen form of art and we choose to appreciate it or not. Part of that expression is when and why they take the stage or why they don't at all.

There are plenty of artists out in music today that compromise the majority of who they are to please people. We are fortunate to follow a band that makes their art or expression the priority: which is the reason we are drawn to them in the first place.

I have been burned by gnr cancellations before. I have been to shows that started on time. And I have been to shows that were "late starts".

To hold any animosity towards the band, Axl, management, promoters, venues, equipment is a complete waste of time and only reflecty poorly on someone that invest the time to hold that animosity.

yeah that was a great ass kissing post. Wipe the brown stuff off your nose.

There was a time when it was GNR/Axl doing everything for the fans including going to jail for them. They did everything fucking possible for the fans to put on a great show and the fans myself included would fucken travel half way across the US to see them. The non compromise was them vs the authorities and all those that stood in thier way..all the naysayers and the hangers on and the Authorities. When Axl was ranting about the fucken people that were given just a little bit of power and abusing it ..wellhe was talking for a generation and not just himself there and he was calling them on THEIR SHIT HE WAS PRO FAN THEN. PRO FAN! now somewhere along the way seems like Axl developed the "Roger Waters Syndrome" toward his fans and they became his antagonisim. (Roger Waters of Pink Floyd spit on his fans in Montreal and The Wall was written about his alienation in part to those people in the audience)

Its simple...Axl is Axl..love him or hate him or return the indifference. Ill be seeing them every chance i get . Ill buy his music before i down load it. That enough I dont have to genefluct before him as if hes the pope himself. It was Axls example of being able to say FUCK YOU that many in my generation understood and got and made him the star he is today.

I just cant keep my silence any longer..

All these people on here who say Axl needs to do this, Axl needs to do that.. He needs to start the shows at this time, he needs honor the start time of his contract(which the people commenting havent seen).

Who are YOU that you should be telling Axl what he should do?

Why are you a Guns N Roses fan? I know why I am - because in the late 80's and early 90's Axl and the guys didnt bend for anyone! If you didn't like they way they were doing things, thats just too damned bad! Get on the bus or get off. Its that never back down, do what I WANT TO DO mentality that got most people into the band. You either liked them for who they were, or you didnt! But nobody was going to change because its what the "fans" want.

But now...

Everyone here wants Axl to be what and who they want him to be. How about just accepting that Axl is the same person he has been for a looong time. And if you dont like it, thats too bad! Quit trying to change the man and tell him how to act, and just accept him how he is.

If you dont like it, you dont have to follow him.

I like my Axl just the way he is, imperfections and all. If he changed to what I thought he should be, then he wouldnt be Axl Rose anymore !! And if he changed to who YOU wanted him to be, then he wouldn't be Axl Rose.

If you had "friends" that every time you went around them, they tried to change you into who they wanted you to be, do you think you would continue to go around them? I know that coming here and reading all these opinions that everyone knows whats best for Axl, it makes me sick and I rarely ever come here any more, and its not even me that everyone is talking about. If it was ME you were talking about, I'd get a registry of this place and make sure than nobody from here was allowed inside the show.

If you dont like the late start times, don't buy tickets.

Maybe Axl doesnt care if only 5000 people show up?

The man is trying to express who HE is, and if you dont like it, then dont go to the show.

He ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH ANY PRODUCT HE/SHE BUYS BEFORE HE/SHE BUYS IT.

DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT MAYBE AXL TELLS THE PROMOTORS HE WONT BE ON UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND THEY PUT WHATEVER TIME THEY WANT ON THE TICKET ANYWAY??

I love GNR and have loved GNR in all it's incarnations, but making people wait is fucking lame.

I don`t really know why it makes a band dangerous because they are unable to organize their tours / cancelations in a decent way. This is not dangerous this is just straight annoying.

They haven't been the world's most dangerous band for a long time now. They're just the world's most unreliable band. Exciting, huh? :shrugs:

yeah that was a great ass kissing post. Wipe the brown stuff off your nose.

There was a time when it was GNR/Axl doing everything for the fans including going to jail for them. They did everything fucking possible for the fans to put on a great show and the fans myself included would fucken travel half way across the US to see them. The non compromise was them vs the authorities and all those that stood in thier way..all the naysayers and the hangers on and the Authorities. When Axl was ranting about the fucken people that were given just a little bit of power and abusing it ..wellhe was talking for a generation and not just himself there and he was calling them on THEIR SHIT HE WAS PRO FAN THEN. PRO FAN! now somewhere along the way seems like Axl developed the "Roger Waters Syndrome" toward his fans and they became his antagonisim. (Roger Waters of Pink Floyd spit on his fans in Montreal and The Wall was written about his alienation in part to those people in the audience)

Its simple...Axl is Axl..love him or hate him or return the indifference. Ill be seeing them every chance i get . Ill buy his music before i down load it. That enough I dont have to genefluct before him as if hes the pope himself. It was Axls example of being able to say FUCK YOU that many in my generation understood and got and made him the star he is today.

Or you could look at it as Axl having turned into the authority figure that he once was so against.

The guy has said many times in interviews why he is late. He has said that emotionally he has to get ready for the show because it takes a lot out of him. Makes sense to me.

Before you say what about other artists that go on on time, Id simply say that not all artists do go on on time.

People asked the question, he's addressed it, not the answer they want so the bitching continues........... And people call Axl crazy

Axl and co. are not here to provide a service.

Wrong.

You announce tour dates and sell the tickets you have an obligation to deliver. Either that or cancel in good time and give people a decent explaination and an apology.

It's common decency.

The most dangerous band in the world??? Ohhh, so dangerous, cancelling tours and screwing the fans out of their hard-earned cash. How rock n fuckin roll!

They haven't been the world's most dangerous band for a long time now. They're just the world's most unreliable band. Exciting, huh? :shrugs:

This is so true. All those people saying GNR are "the world's most dangerous band" are living in the past. Fecking Lady Gaga is more dangerous than GNR is these days.

If you people really think Axl is dangerous because his Twitter is hacked and he let's it stew, that being dangerous is not communicating with the fans who have paid their hard-earned money to see you play live, then I think dangerous has just become synonymous with "plain fucking ignorant".

This is so true. All those people saying GNR are "the world's most dangerous band" are living in the past.

¨the most dangerous band¨, it's just for publicity, haha. Don't take it seriously.

This is so true. All those people saying GNR are "the world's most dangerous band" are living in the past.

¨the most dangerous band¨, it's just for publicity, haha. Don't take it seriously.

Didn't that come from the fact that people have died at their concerts and not from anything that they themselves did?