Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i wrote earlier on in the thread is it so hard to go onstage ontime? they knew the curfew was there like in 2002 when i seen them in Leeds same shite people booing etc i know people think its rock n roll etc and cool but jesus christ go onstage ontime play a full set send the punter home happy!! I feel sorry for the people who just went for GNR and had to listen to all the SHITE on the bill before them ive been there before went from dublin to germany for rock am ring 2001 and had flight hotels tickets all booked few weeks before the gig axl cancelled the whole lot ended up goin to germany saw a few good bands but no GNR!..

But as the 1000s of us on here know its part and parcel of being a GNR fan...roll on dublin on wednesday

Yeah it's cool to not respect curfew and have a sitdown, and yes there are only a few artists who can get away with this. But you know what would be REAL rock n roll? Something that would put real meaning to their sitdown???

IF THEY WOULD GRAB THEIR ACOUSTIC GEAR, WENT TO THE FESTIVAL CAMPING, PLAY THE REMAINDER OF THEIR SET IN ACOUSTIC, AND THUS GIVE THE FANS ACTUAL VALUE FOR THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

who says they got away with it? It might be the end of them getting any decent gigs, ever.

Holy Shit. Axl shouldn't be late and they shouldn't cut off the power. These fucking british can't wait ten fucking minutes so they can end PC ?? They can't stand ten fucking minutes ?? They're going to a festival to go to bed right after midnight ?? Unbelievable. Axl isn't right, but this is just idiot.

Yeah it's cool to not respect curfew and have a sitdown, and yes there are only a few artists who can get away with this. But you know what would be REAL rock n roll? Something that would put real meaning to their sitdown???

IF THEY WOULD GRAB THEIR ACOUSTIC GEAR, WENT TO THE FESTIVAL CAMPING, PLAY THE REMAINDER OF THEIR SET IN ACOUSTIC, AND THUS GIVE THE FANS ACTUAL VALUE FOR THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

who says they got away with it? It might be the end of them getting any decent gigs, ever.

It's just one festival gig. Axl showing up for a regular GNR show at 10:30 pm is considered early.

Holy shit dude. I was off in the time of the concert, wondering how it would be.

And when I got back.... IT IS THE BEST GIG OF THE WHOLE TOUR!

UK MOST BADASS ROCK N ROLL ATTITUDE IN THE YEAR!

Just when you think Axl screwed up again, the man gets you back.

What a concert. What a band!

Holy Shit. Axl shouldn't be late and they shouldn't cut off the power. These fucking british can't wait ten fucking minutes so they can end PC ?? They can't stand ten fucking minutes ?? They're going to a festival to go to bed right after midnight ?? Unbelievable. Axl isn't right, but this is just idiot.

Not all Brits buddy. I'd have let them play my back garden for longer.

Yeah, that's what I don't understand, let them play! GN'R were the headliners, they were the band some people sat through shit indie bands to see. Let them have another 15 fucking minutes for alteast Paradise City. We won't here the last of this from Axl on any upcoming show, that is, if there is any.

Yeah, that's what I don't understand, let them play! GN'R were the headliners, they were the band some people sat through shit indie bands to see. Let them have another 15 fucking minutes for alteast Paradise City. We won't here the last of this from Axl on any upcoming show, that is, if there is any.

Show up on time and don't be late.

They had to play just one song, very little. They're very strict there, hehe

Yeah, I know, but it's Axl Rose. He's could've came out on time and nothing bad happenes, but he didn't, and lord knows why. But I just think atlest let them play the closing Paradise City to send the fans home happy.

Career Suicide - A novel by Axl Rose.

You have to be kidding me, if anything, this is Career Revival-A novel by Axl Rose of GUNS N FUCKING ROSES, SUCK THIS DICK BITCH.

**shrugs**

The only time the crowd cheered for Axl during the set, was when he wasn't playing music.

The sit in has made twitter gnr friendly :D

Plus on a bad not i think leeds is cancelled, but thats pretty obvious.

this was a high profile gig which the promoters took a huge risk in booking gun n roses at all, never mind as the headliners, considering the fact that axl pulls this shit every show, it was a dumb ass risk for the promoters, and they got burned. I'm sure all other promoters took notice, which means I would be shocked if they ever get a decent gig again.

You have to be kidding me, if anything, this is Career Revival-A novel by Axl Rose of GUNS N FUCKING ROSES, SUCK THIS DICK BITCH.

**shrugs**

The only time the crowd cheered for Axl during the set, was when he wasn't playing music.

Not true, they cheered half way through the 'set' and chanted for GnR to continue after the plug.

Guest Apollo

Too bad that it isn't the music doing the talking.

Think Axl will ever be invited back to play this festival again? Think other festivals will have GnR headline their shows if they have curfews?

Ya - real rock n roll stuff here. Screwing promotors and fans that support the band. Makes perfect sense to me.

You people are praising Axl for his antics and NOT for the music the band put out. That is what is wrong with this picture.

Edited by Apollo