Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

I was there, right on the fence at the front.

Axl coming down and running past the fence twice with his hands out to all the fans made my year! I'll never wash my right hand again!

Meanwhile, did any one else not hear through the mega phone at the end that they cancelled their Leeds appearance on the spot due to tonight's treatment by the organisers?!

Another stupid move! If true!

It just seems he is digging a hole he will never get out of.

I don't like being negitive in my post I have supported GNR (Axl) since I got into them back in 1987 but damn enough is enough do something positive for a change!

Let's not jump to conclusions quite yet.

When a member of this board who were backstage reported that Axl stood on the side of the stage at 9.30, presumably ready to go on, there could've been circumstances for the delay which were out of the band's control.

If this is indeed true, set yourself in Axl and the band's place. Wouldn't you be pretty fuckin pissed off if you were forced to cut your set short because of someone else's fault.

LOL....LOL. History dude, history.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl coming down and running past the fence twice with his hands out to all the fans made my year! I'll never wash my right hand again!

Meanwhile, did any one else not hear through the mega phone at the end that they cancelled their Leeds appearance on the spot due to tonight's treatment by the organisers?!

I don't like being negitive in my post I have supported GNR (Axl) since I got into them back in 1987 but damn enough is enough do something positive for a change!

When a member of this board who were backstage reported that Axl stood on the side of the stage at 9.30, presumably ready to go on, there could've been circumstances for the delay which were out of the band's control.

If this is indeed true, set yourself in Axl and the band's place. Wouldn't you be pretty fuckin pissed off if you were forced to cut your set short because of someone else's fault.

I fuckin know the prescious history.

I don't know what happened today, but I value the observation of guy who actually attended more, rather than your bloody history.

The BBC have a history of fucking up though. They promised footage of Eminem at T in the Park the night he played. Turned out they never had permission to being with.

Took them days to come through with the rights.

Let's hope everythings cool with Axl and management

On the BBC livestream:

"Due to contractual obligations we cannot bring you Guns N' Roses show tonight".

Guessing that's what's caused the hour delay.

This was the worst GN'R show I have ever been to.

The crowd were fucking terrible the whole way through the set shouting shit like "we want slash", " Axl's a twat" and calling them a cover band - fucking awful treatment.

You couldn't hear Axl or the lead guitars for most of the show, it was mostly just drum and base, Whoever is in charge of the sound should be fucking shot.

And the fucking promoters cut the sound!! WTF!! If you have a problem with Axl and Gn'r fucking sort it out after, don't just fucking pull the plug without any warning. The band were only an hour late, big fucking deal.

The band shouldn't play gigs like this, most of the audience were against them from the start, It wasn't pretty.

I think the band played awesome, but you could hardly hear what was going on... not a fun night, I feel pretty bad for the band, you could see that they were pretty pissed off with how it went down.

Fuck Reading and it's organisers, load of fucking shit - roll on o2.

Edited by axl8302

I don't know what happened today, but I value the observation of guy who actually attended more, rather than your bloody history.

He should of just gone on as scheduled and dealt with whatever issues were at hand. That would have been the most 'rock n roll' thing to do. Trust me...it was pre-conceived & rehearsed.

And the fucking promoters cut the sound!! WTF!! If you have a problem with Axl and Gn'r fucking sort it out after, don't just fucking pull the plug without any warning.

without any warning....lol

Edited by 60NER

And the fucking promoters cut the sound!! WTF!! If you have a problem with Axl and Gn'r fucking sort it out after, don't just fucking pull the plug without any warning. The band were only an hour late, big fucking deal.

I think the band played awesome, but you could hardly hear what was going on... not a fun night, I feel pretty bad for the band, you could see that they were pretty pissed off with how it went down.

Were you on some other planet earlier this week? This was all laid out by the promoters.

He should of just gone on as scheduled and dealt with whatever issues were at hand. That would have been the most 'rock n roll' thing to do. Trust me...it was pre-conceived & rehearsed.

Yeah, I trust you. :thumbsup:

The BBC have a history of fucking up though. They promised footage of Eminem at T in the Park the night he played. Turned out they never had permission to being with.

Took them days to come through with the rights.

Let's hope everythings cool with Axl and management

On the BBC livestream:

"Due to contractual obligations we cannot bring you Guns N' Roses show tonight".

Guessing that's what's caused the hour delay.

Yeah no, that wouldn't have anything to do with the delay. It's just music licensing bullshit and no doubt Axl didn't let them play it.

Were you on some other planet earlier this week? This was all laid out by the promoters.

They gave no warning to the audience, we could hear nothing from the stage... we didn't know what was going on. What fucking planet were you on while I was at the show? Fucking keyboard jockey.

They gave no warning to the audience, we could hear nothing from the stage... we didn't know what was going on. What fucking planet were you on while I was at the show? Fucking keyboard jockey.

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Did the promoters not warn him in plain english earlier this week?

Simple question.

They DID give warning to everyone early in the week when they said they would be stopping the show on time whether Axl was done performing or not. They didn't blindside anyone at that festival. Of course it sucks for the fans, but you can't blame the organizers for this. And if Axl is really going to cry about this and not play Leeds because HE showed up late, he's pathetic.

This is a sad day to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Simple question.

Bottom line, I don't give a fuck.

Did they let the audience know what was happening or leave us all standing there with our dicks in our hands? They didn't even turn his mic on to let him explain what went down - he was trying!

Edited by axl8302

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Simple question.

Bottom line, I don't give a fuck.

Did they let the audience know what was happening or leave us all standing there with our dicks in our hands? They didn't even turn his mic on to let him explain what went down.

So you'd rather just duck the question, twice now?

Looks like someone needs to go see The Wizard.

Just watched the video chaps and in Axl's own words, "unfortunately due to the events tonight WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING LEEDS..."

Let me upload this shit to Youtube and you can see for yourselves!

Which video is that?

The one i recorded earlier tonight.

30 mins to go and then I will make a new thread with the video embedded. It's decent quality, you can hear exacly what he's saying through the mega phone, however tinny sounding it is.

Just watched the video chaps and in Axl's own words, "unfortunately due to the events tonight WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING LEEDS..."

Let me upload this shit to Youtube and you can see for yourselves!

Which video is that?

30 mins to go and then I will make a new thread with the video embedded. It's decent quality, you can hear exacly what he's saying through the mega phone, however tinny sounding it is.

Merci beaucoup

While you're at it, did you film the entire Paradise City thing? I'd love to hear that.

Edited by bacardimayne

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Simple question.

Simple question for you--if you were not there, how do you know what caused the hour delay in between sets. Axl tweeted, and was on-site hours before they took the stage. So how do you know for certain that he, or GNR caused the delay. Possibly, something done by the promoters caused the delay (I believe this is a Live Nation Azoff event), setting up GNR to then go late. I mean, why would the promoter make such a fuss publicly earlier this week? If the band was there way early tonight, including Axl, then one has to wonder if something else caused a delay? I certainly don't know, and I doubt anyone here does. But, without firsthand knowledge of what was going on in between sets, one cannot blame GNR or the promoter--its just unknown. What is known, is GNR and Axl were onsite backstage about four hours before their scheduled stage time. I just wonder if they were set up, and that is why the band is so pissed. It's real easy to paint Axl as a bad guy, and the promoters certainly know that. Funny also, that Gigwise (Azoff owned subsidiary of Live Nation) is the first to report within minutes of the show ending, as if they knew what was going to happen. Who knows, but one has to wonder what really caused the delay....starting to think the band was set-up by Live Nation to fail.