Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

As always. Axl just can't catch a break.

Yeah. It's the same kind of luck a guy that smokes three packs a day for 50 years and wonders why/ is shocked he has lung cancer all the sudden has. Shocking I tell you. :rolleyes:

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird how nothing ever goes smooth in Axl's world. And it's always somebody else's fault.

And I'm amazed at the members on this forum who are hailing Axl as a hero for what happened.

Go on stage on time.....and none of this happens. Pretty simple.

Not letting the show be broadcast - that's Axl screwing us fans. Starting late, knowing that the show will be stopped early - that's Axl screwing the fans. But you praise him for sitting down in protest, and using a megaphone?

We all know that going on late is something Axl does. But things like the Hetfield-burning incidence, and what happened tonight? That's as far from being "rock n roll" or "worlds most dangerous band" as you can be. Guns should have let their performance on the stage do their talking for them - not sitting down in a failed protest.

+672

best quote ever

sincerly,

your commander in chief

As always. Axl just can't catch a break.

Nice sarcasm...in reality, 50 minutes in between bands at festival, with stage set-up like GNR is not that uncommon or big of a deal. If it wasn't for a ridiculous curfew (move the festival if you can't play past 11:30) we would be reading about how GNR won over the crowd and are getting ready to rock Leeds. Certainly, there are numerous incidents and times where GNR were ridiculously late, but this is not one of them.

Yes, let's move the Reading festival to somewhere other than Reading for the sake of Axl's schedule and because it might take 50 minutes to set up a silly stage. That makes perfect sense. The hard working people that did their job on time would probably take offense to being blamed for not being able to turn around a stage on time when clearly they have no problem doing that for anyone else. It's nice to see that some people here have finally had enough and aren't afraid to finally admit it. And the door isn't hitting anyone on the way out - I think most will stick around for the amusement of the ridiculous bullshit the apologists come up with. If the release of Chinese Democracy was the beginning of the end, this nonsense is getting very close to the end of the end.

Weird how nothing ever goes smooth in Axl's world. And it's always somebody else's fault.

And I'm amazed at the members on this forum who are hailing Axl as a hero for what happened.

Go on stage on time.....and none of this happens. Pretty simple.

Not letting the show be broadcast - that's Axl screwing us fans. Starting late, knowing that the show will be stopped early - that's Axl screwing the fans. But you praise him for sitting down in protest, and using a megaphone?

We all know that going on late is something Axl does. But things like the Hetfield-burning incidence, and what happened tonight? That's as far from being "rock n roll" or "worlds most dangerous band" as you can be. Guns should have let their performance on the stage do their talking for them - not sitting down in a failed protest.

Good points.

Its Saturday now, the suns out, and there's still heaps of fun to be had at the Reading Fest.

Best news of all, Slash is working on a new video :thumbsup:

Buckethead has a new album coming out.

..I feel really happy right now..

Edited by star

Why the hell does everyone automatically assume Axl is the reason they went on late? There are other fucking members of the band who may have good reason not to be able to hit the stage on time, as well as techincal reasons, (aka Sturgis) but hey lets all point the finger at Axl - too easy !

Edited by Teejay

You do know this is a CURRENT line-up fan forum, right?

Sure do. I find the ex gunners more interesting, musically.

The GN'R / Axl Rose 'soap opera' is as funnny as fuck though. Pure entertainment, not to be taken too seriously :D

Edited by star

Why the hell does everyone automatically assume Axl is the reason they went on late? There are other fucking members of the band who may have good reason not to be able to hit the stage on time, as well as techincal reasons, (aka Sturgis) but hey lets all point the finger at Axl - much easier until we hear otherwise hey!

Keep reaching.

It really is easier to point the finger at anything other than the usual source of band issues isn't it?

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this but on the condition you answer me the following:

Considering how long this band has been together and considering how many managers and technicians they have had and have, is it not possible for them to get the fucking hang of touring, you know, things like setting the equipment up or getting everybody there on time.Simple shit that most bands seem to manage as part of touring?

If this was rare i might agree with you but it is a regular occurrence

This has to be all Frank Ferrer's fault. That asshole. No matter how many band members Axl goes through someone is always making him look bad.

I love the idea that Frank is just sitting confused at how he got the gig. " Im in no fucking position to start complaining, they may start wondering who the fuck i am "

So the band was explicitely told that the plug would be pulled if they would show up late.

They show up late.

The plug is pulled.

Thus the band cancels the following concert.

So basically they made a point at the expense of another 80 000 people ?

They just had to show on time. But no, somehow, you still defend this position even though it means the cancellation of another gig.

I don't get some of you guys.

So the band was explicitely told that the plug would be pulled if they would show up late.

They show up late.

The plug is pulled.

They just had to show on time. But no, somehow, you still defend this position even though it means the cancellation of another gig.

they shouldnt have been there in the first place.

blame reading for booking them, blame gnr management for accepting.

This has to be all Frank Ferrer's fault. That asshole. No matter how many band members Axl goes through someone is always making him look bad.

I love the idea that Frank is just sitting confused at how he got the gig. " Im in no fucking position to start complaining, they may start wondering who the fuck i am "

Indeed. I saw Tool last summer and they brought Frank out as a special guest and he looked as though he had no idea why he was there either. That guy needs his own reality show. Nice Trailer Park Boys signature - if you haven't seen the "Three Good Men are Dead" episode from season 7, I highly recommend it.

Why the hell does everyone automatically assume Axl is the reason they went on late? There are other fucking members of the band who may have good reason not to be able to hit the stage on time, as well as techincal reasons, (aka Sturgis) but hey lets all point the finger at Axl - much easier until we hear otherwise hey!

Keep reaching.

It really is easier to point the finger at anything other than the usual source of band issues isn't it?

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this but on the condition you answer me the following:

Considering how long this band has been together and considering how many managers and technicians they have had and have, is it not possible for them to get the fucking hang of touring, you know, things like setting the equipment up or getting everybody there on time.Simple shit that most bands seem to manage as part of touring?

If this was rare i might agree with you but it is a regular occurrence

True True but having said that unfortunately the band can't control everything that can and may fuck up;

So do I get the benefit of your doubt? ;)

Edited by Teejay

They show up late.

The plug is pulled.

they shouldnt have been there in the first place.

blame reading for booking them, blame gnr management for accepting.

I think "gnr management" is going to be accepting anything they can get from here on out.

I think "gnr management" is going to be accepting anything they can get from here on out.

yes you are right, after countless riots, cancellations and no shows, its this one actually showed, plug pulled that will doom axl and the band :rolleyes:

ITS ALL OVER PEOPLE!

Edited by Jackie Moon

My opinion on everything

Sturgis was Axl being an asshole, this is Axl intentionally screwing with the reading festival guys and GNR having a good time. Anyone who sits there reading about this just going "THISH WASH HIGHLY UNPROFESHINOL AND IGNORANT OF ACKSHEL" is a pussy teenager or a hypocritical 35 year old.

Also, I think it's possible Leeds would have been canceled even if Axl didn't announce it himself.

my post from another thread

Ok...so I just got here, can someone fill me in on what I've missed?

Band went on hour late after being warned of midnight curfew, someone pulled plug during nightrain I think it was, Axl then grabs a megaphone continues singing whilst sitting on floor in protest, crowd sings along to PC, Axl tells crowd something about not playing Leeds because of problems with the promoter.