Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

And the fucking promoters cut the sound!! WTF!! If you have a problem with Axl and Gn'r fucking sort it out after, don't just fucking pull the plug without any warning. The band were only an hour late, big fucking deal.

I think the band played awesome, but you could hardly hear what was going on... not a fun night, I feel pretty bad for the band, you could see that they were pretty pissed off with how it went down.

Were you on some other planet earlier this week? This was all laid out by the promoters.

They gave no warning to the audience, we could hear nothing from the stage... we didn't know what was going on. What fucking planet were you on while I was at the show? Fucking keyboard jockey.

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Did the promoters not warn him in plain english earlier this week?

Simple question.

Bottom line, I don't give a fuck.

Did they let the audience know what was happening or leave us all standing there with our dicks in our hands? They didn't even turn his mic on to let him explain what went down - he was trying!

That seems to be the thing going around is they completely cut any audio. Weird they didn't let Axl talk and explain what the hell is going on becuase I'm betting 70 percent of the crowd didn't know anything about what the organiser's said a few days ago about the possible "pulled plug."

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Axl's the fall guy, once again.

Story of his life

Even if there is a slight chance tonights events were out of his control ( I doubt it) that statement is hilarious. Dude creates his own problems just like everyone else.

Edited by eggers

Simple question for you--if you were not there, how do you know what caused the hour delay in between sets. Axl tweeted, and was on-site hours before they took the stage. So how do you know for certain that he, or GNR caused the delay. Possibly, something done by the promoters caused the delay (I believe this is a Live Nation Azoff event), setting up GNR to then go late. I mean, why would the promoter make such a fuss publicly earlier this week? If the band was there way early tonight, including Axl, then one has to wonder if something else caused a delay? I certainly don't know, and I doubt anyone here does. But, without firsthand knowledge of what was going on in between sets, one cannot blame GNR or the promoter--its just unknown. What is known, is GNR and Axl were onsite backstage about four hours before their scheduled stage time. I just wonder if they were set up, and that is why the band is so pissed. It's real easy to paint Axl as a bad guy, and the promoters certainly know that. Funny also, that Gigwise (Azoff owned subsidiary of Live Nation) is the first to report within minutes of the show ending, as if they knew what was going to happen. Who knows, but one has to wonder what really caused the delay....starting to think the band was set-up by Live Nation to fail.

If this post is satire, its a homerun.

If its serious, however...

The one i recorded earlier tonight.

30 mins to go and then I will make a new thread with the video embedded. It's decent quality, you can hear exacly what he's saying through the mega phone, however tinny sounding it is.

While you're at it, did you film the entire Paradise City thing? I'd love to hear that.

You can hear the crowd singing the chorus after Axl finishes his mega phone rant, but unfortunately that's about all the Paradise City we got tonight. Thal had an acoustic guitar and I think it was Axl who put the mega phone next to it, but it was basically hopeless. Their plug had long been pulled and hence any chance of a decent PA was long gone. You'll see what I mean....

And the fucking promoters cut the sound!! WTF!! If you have a problem with Axl and Gn'r fucking sort it out after, don't just fucking pull the plug without any warning. The band were only an hour late, big fucking deal.

I think the band played awesome, but you could hardly hear what was going on... not a fun night, I feel pretty bad for the band, you could see that they were pretty pissed off with how it went down.

Were you on some other planet earlier this week? This was all laid out by the promoters.

They gave no warning to the audience, we could hear nothing from the stage... we didn't know what was going on. What fucking planet were you on while I was at the show? Fucking keyboard jockey.

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Simple question.

Did they let the audience know what was happening or leave us all standing there with our dicks in our hands? They didn't even turn his mic on to let him explain what went down.

So you'd rather just duck the question, twice now?

Looks like someone needs to go see The Wizard.

What question am i ducking? I don't care if he was warned about going on late. The crowd were left there not knowing what was happening, you think that's cool? The whole band were at the front of the stage (even beta) yet the festival wouldn't turn on even one mic for the band so they could let the fans know what was happening? Common fucking courtesy if you ask me, particularly considering the amount of money I spent on tickets to the festival and all of the inflated bullshit they sell inside. I wont be returning to Reading, fucking awful sound system they've got to, fucking amateur night (not talking about GNR) - fuck you reading!

What's your beef Mr Wizard?

Edited by axl8302

Story of his life

Even if there is a slight chance tonights events were out of his control ( I doubt it) that statement is hilarious. Dude creates his own problems just like everyone else.

This is a Live Nation event...wonder if they know they are going to have to settle out of court and not get the 3 or 4 million they are suing Axl for, so they set them up for breach of contract, so they don't have to pay them the $2 million they owe GNR for these gigs. Now, I admit this is pure speculation, but just think about who is running these corporate events--Live Nation. Also, its not normal to make such a big fuss about start times prior to a festival (I've been to about ten festivals--huge--and never seen issues with bands playing until 3 in the fucking morning...lame)? So Axl and band are backstage four hours before their scheduled start time...why would they delay the start if they were there ready to go. I think the promoters delayed the start, or fucked something up, and then pulled the plug on GNR, royally pissing the band off, because they knew it wasn't their fault for the late start. Wankers...when gigwise is doing reporting minutes prior to the show ending, it starts looking like something goofy was going on.

Bottom line, am I wrong?

Simple question.

Did they let the audience know what was happening or leave us all standing there with our dicks in our hands? They didn't even turn his mic on to let him explain what went down - he was trying!

That seems to be the thing going around is they completely cut any audio. Weird they didn't let Axl talk and explain what the hell is going on becuase I'm betting 70 percent of the crowd didn't know anything about what the organiser's said a few days ago about the possible "pulled plug."

Absolutely right, would it have been so hard for the organizers to let us know what was going on? They'd be fucking regretting it now If a riot had ensued.

The whole band were at the front of the stage (even beta) yet the festival wouldn't turn on even one mic for the band so they could let the fans know what was happening? Common fucking courtesy if you ask me

Interesting.

So where on you on the common courtesy of taking the fucking stage on time like you're supposed to? Anything on that?

And what big revleation do you think you were deprived of? If it was hearing Axl pass the buck and blame someone else, I have a number of bootlegs and direct quotes he's made in the press that could fill that void for you.

Hit me up with an e-mail address. Let's get this done.

Edited by D-GenerationX

The whole band were at the front of the stage (even beta) yet the festival wouldn't turn on even one mic for the band so they could let the fans know what was happening? Common fucking courtesy if you ask me

Interesting.

So where on you on the common courtesy of taking the fucking stage on time like you're supposed to? Anything on that?

And what big revleation do you think you were deprived of? If it was hearing Axl pass the buck and blame someone else, I have a number of bootlegs and direct quotes he's made in the press that could fill that void for you.

I don't really care to talk to you about this, you weren't there, you have no place in this discussion - fuck off.

Simple question for you--if you were not there, how do you know what caused the hour delay in between sets. Axl tweeted, and was on-site hours before they took the stage. So how do you know for certain that he, or GNR caused the delay. Possibly, something done by the promoters caused the delay (I believe this is a Live Nation Azoff event), setting up GNR to then go late. I mean, why would the promoter make such a fuss publicly earlier this week? If the band was there way early tonight, including Axl, then one has to wonder if something else caused a delay? I certainly don't know, and I doubt anyone here does. But, without firsthand knowledge of what was going on in between sets, one cannot blame GNR or the promoter--its just unknown. What is known, is GNR and Axl were onsite backstage about four hours before their scheduled stage time. I just wonder if they were set up, and that is why the band is so pissed. It's real easy to paint Axl as a bad guy, and the promoters certainly know that. Funny also, that Gigwise (Azoff owned subsidiary of Live Nation) is the first to report within minutes of the show ending, as if they knew what was going to happen. Who knows, but one has to wonder what really caused the delay....starting to think the band was set-up by Live Nation to fail.

Work for a Fortune 500 company, or with Live Nation for a few years, and you will quickly realize nothing will get in their way....for money or what not. Pure speculation, but one has to play Devil's Advocate, and cut through your reeking sanctimonious hog-shit. If the band and Axl were on-site backstage hours before their scheduled time, why was their a delay? You cannot tell me that you were backstage and know why there was a delay? Who knows what happened, but jumping to some conclusion, that is the easiest (Axl's fault), doesn't mean it's the truth. Who knows...maybe something to do with the promoters or a blown soundboard caused a delay, and then they cut the band's set anyways? DGeneration, you take a shit at the same time everyday? Do you think festivals time schedules run on GMT to the second? Shit happens, and there are hundreds of reasons, outside of a bands control, which can cause delay. If they were there, ready, and something out of their control caused the delay, and then the power was pulled making them out to be the bad guy's you would be pissed too. How do you know for certain, that GNR were to blame? You don't, but you sure are a tough guy on the message board, and you sure are obsessed with time and schedules. Not real rock n' roll now are we? You better stick to the Jonas brothers wank-cunt.

Edited by Cockaroachsoup80

Interesting.

I don't really care to talk to you about this, you weren't there, you have no place in this discussion - fuck off.

So, you have nothing to bring to the table, aren't interested in facts, and would rather just storm off in a huff.

Dude, that's so rock n' roll!!

Interesting.

exactly, well put.

Work for a Fortune 500 company, or with Live Nation for a few years, and you will quickly realize nothing will get in their way....for money or what not. Pure speculation, but one has to play Devil's Advocate, and cut through your reeking sanctimonious hog-shit. If the band and Axl were on-site backstage hours before their scheduled time, why was their a delay? You cannot tell me that you were backstage and know why there was a delay? Who knows what happened, but jumping to some conclusion, that is the easiest (Axl's fault), doesn't mean it's the truth. Who knows...maybe something to do with the promoters or a blown soundboard caused a delay, and then they cut the band's set anyways?

Let's play the numbers game.

Is what you are suggesting more likely, or less likely than the suggestion Axl did this inentionally to call the promoter's bluff. I'm taking strict percentages here, not saying what did or did not happen.

Which is more likely?

Interesting.

So, you have nothing to bring to the table, aren't interested in facts, and would rather just storm off in a huff.

What have you "brought to the table"?

Work for a Fortune 500 company, or with Live Nation for a few years, and you will quickly realize nothing will get in their way....for money or what not. Pure speculation, but one has to play Devil's Advocate, and cut through your reeking sanctimonious hog-shit. If the band and Axl were on-site backstage hours before their scheduled time, why was their a delay? You cannot tell me that you were backstage and know why there was a delay? Who knows what happened, but jumping to some conclusion, that is the easiest (Axl's fault), doesn't mean it's the truth. Who knows...maybe something to do with the promoters or a blown soundboard caused a delay, and then they cut the band's set anyways?

Umm Axl and the whole band would be backstage for shows in the 90s and not go on stage for hours after the scheduled time. Them being there doesn't mean shit.

Interesting.

facepalm.gif

Neither of you are bringing anything to the table!!!! You guys are just taking up space in this topic with meaningless insults and trying desperately to "win" this pointless argument

Edited by WhazUp

I'm a guy trying to have a simple conversation. You're the one running from it.

I DO NOT CARE THAT GNR GO ON LATE, THEY ALWAYS GO ON LATE, EVERYONE KNOW THIS... IT WAS AN HOUR, BIG DEAL.

What I care about is the festival organisers cutting the sound without any waring to us in the audience, during fucking Nightrain, and leaving us and the band with our dicks in our hands - can you comprehend that? Can you see why that might be annoying? (from behind your keyboard in Cleveland Ohio or where ever the fuck u r, certainly NOT at a show).

Interesting.

facepalm.gif

Neither of you are bringing anything to the table!!!! You guys are just taking up space in this topic with meaningless insults and trying desperately to "win" this pointless argument

Yeah, cool.

Edited by axl8302

The crowd were left there not knowing what was happening... The whole band were at the front of the stage (even Beta) yet the festival wouldn't turn on even one mic for the band so they could let the fans know what was happening...

Pretty much as simple an explanation for the climax of the evening's events as it gets.

It's highly amusing reading through your posts, and watching your online confidence, and pompous self righteousness gain steam by the minute. Hilarious shit. Glad you are getting your Ya Ya's off. You have no fucking clue what can go wrong at a show like this. If GN'R's power was pulled just short of midnight, judging by the set-list, they didn't take the stage too late for a festival (10:15 or so??). Reading must be one of the lamest festivals on the planet if the bands can't play past 11:30, and you my friend, are past your regularly scheduled bed time.

Story of his life

This is a Live Nation event...wonder if they know they are going to have to settle out of court and not get the 3 or 4 million they are suing Axl for, so they set them up for breach of contract, so they don't have to pay them the $2 million they owe GNR for these gigs. Now, I admit this is pure speculation, but just think about who is running these corporate events--Live Nation. Also, its not normal to make such a big fuss about start times prior to a festival (I've been to about ten festivals--huge--and never seen issues with bands playing until 3 in the fucking morning...lame)? So Axl and band are backstage four hours before their scheduled start time...why would they delay the start if they were there ready to go. I think the promoters delayed the start, or fucked something up, and then pulled the plug on GNR, royally pissing the band off, because they knew it wasn't their fault for the late start. Wankers...when gigwise is doing reporting minutes prior to the show ending, it starts looking like something goofy was going on.

You hit the nail on the head not once, but twice with your post's. It does seem weird that, with Axl tweeting he's backstage 4 hours before it starts. Seems like something might've been going on with maybe the audio, or technical problem. Or maybe Azoff was just dicking around with Axl and made Axl look like a fool. It just seems weird how the council and the promotors said they would pull the plug on thier show, where as Axl is notorious for being late, it seems like your right, there might be something going on here.

Of course everybody blames Axl, beucase it's easy to blame Axl. But it seemed like he tried to continue the show and was forced to talk into a fuckin megaphone to say anything beucase they completely cut their audio. And the sit down strike afterward was like "what the fuck?"

I just wanna here something from the GN'R camp about tonight. Weird we haven't so far. Even Axl tweets for the first time in forever and yet has no said one word on what happened tonight.

I DO NOT CARE THAT GNR GO ON LATE, THEY ALWAYS GO ON LATE, EVERYONE KNOW THIS... IT WAS AN HOUR, BIG DEAL.

Well, it cost you a full show. Sort of a big deal.

Were you cool with that? Because, gotta tell ya, I was sort of getting the vibe you were...not cool with it.

Misread by me?