Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

Wow finally able to get on here.

My opinion on the whole thing: It was fucking HILARIOUS. Can anyone of you honestly say that you weren't entertained? It was like watching a car crash. The sit down protest was awesome, made my day. Yes, it was horribly unprofessional and I would've been incredibly pissed if I was at that show, but c'mon now, it was fucking funny. The megaphone thing was genius. Looks like Axl took a page out of Scott Weilands book ;)

Pics of the megaphone thing please :D

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wont be any new music within the next 2 years, if this is what gets GnR back on TV, so be it.

This is the show everyone will be talking about, not Tokyo.

Seriously though - the music world isn't really going to care about this as much as the 100 or so fans on this forum do.

This isn't going to make Axl a hero to the music world. To 90% of the people out there, this will be just another punch line.

Again, it baffles me that you'd rather have bad publicity.......than good publicity. The way the band performed at the concert should be what people are talking about. If GnR has to rely on publicity stunts.....then they are about 8 miles removed from being the worlds most dangerous band.

This wont be bad publicity though, the venue will be the dicks in this one.....not Axl.

BTW anyone thinking that the council would stop the festival is dillusional.

And what the fuck do you know about anything?

They were moved from the Leeds venue after 2002, and nearly had to leave the city.

They will also get fined TO FUCK for breaking the curfew.

There wont be any new music within the next 2 years, if this is what gets GnR back on TV, so be it.

Seriously though - the music world isn't really going to care about this as much as the 100 or so fans on this forum do.

This isn't going to make Axl a hero to the music world. To 90% of the people out there, this will be just another punch line.

Again, it baffles me that you'd rather have bad publicity.......than good publicity. The way the band performed at the concert should be what people are talking about. If GnR has to rely on publicity stunts.....then they are about 8 miles removed from being the worlds most dangerous band.

This wont be bad publicity though, the venue will be the dicks in this one.....not Axl.

HAHAHA! What world are you living in?

Wow finally able to get on here.

My opinion on the whole thing: It was fucking HILARIOUS. Can anyone of you honestly say that you weren't entertained? It was like watching a car crash. The sit down protest was awesome, made my day. Yes, it was horribly unprofessional and I would've been incredibly pissed if I was at that show, but c'mon now, it was fucking funny. The megaphone thing was genius. Looks like Axl took a page out of Scott Weilands book ;)

Pics of the megaphone thing please :D

Exactly.

They were moved from the Leeds venue after 2002, and nearly had to leave the city.

So you think that reading council would stop one of the worlds largest festivals,

which brings millions in every year, because a band overrun a curfew by a couple of minutes??

seriously?

HAHAHA! What world are you living in?

Think about it for a moment. This could be a big statement. Or im just being delusional, im not too sure anymore.

Yeah really sounds like "everybody is booing Guns N Roses"

I hear a few smatters, but that's what you get at a festival.

They were booing throughout the set, but towards the end and when the power cut off they were chanting "Let them play"

You're going by twitter, I'm telling the truth that lies in the video...

I followed most everything on twitter, and it was only about 50 different people tweeting that they sucked, out of the the thousands in attendance, and there was lots of positive tweets as well..

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

They were booing throughout the set, but towards the end and when the power cut off they were chanting "Let them play"

I'm going by actual accounts of my friend at the show. They were booing, but they started cheering at the end. The video is of the end.

So you think that reading council would stop one of the worlds largest festivals,

which brings millions in every year, because a band overrun a curfew by a couple of minutes??

seriously?

I think the council tax reading makes from it's residents is a lot more than what it makes from allowing the festival to go ahead.

The owner of the festival will make the big profit, not reading council. You SERIOUSLY think the council makes millions? No that's the boss of the festival.

So yes I do think they would, and the owner of the festival who knows a lot more about it than you and me, took it seriously enough to stop it's headline act.

So why do you think any differently? They tried to risk it in 2002, and paid the price, and now they're sufficiently scared to end a headliner and believe me that would not be an easy decision.

I'm going by actual accounts of my friend at the show. They were booing, but they started cheering at the end. The video is of the end.

So as someone said, GNR won the crowd over

Anybody else worried about Ron's reaction to all this? There were rumours he was upset with the delay at Rock n' Rev. Could this be the final straw?

Anybody else worried about Ron's reaction to all this? There were rumours he was upset with the delay at Rock n' Rev. Could this be the final straw?

Me. I hope they get through the weekend alright at least. It would slightly scupper my Birthday if GNR were to lose my favourite member and cancel on the night I'm meant to see them...

What to say, so much good could have come from this, but seeing the video of them trying to do paradise city is embarassing. I feel sorry for all the band members, its one thing turning up late for your own crowd,but to a festival is just idiotic, when you think of the effort and hard work gone into making this band what it is right now, its clear its not been easy, hence how long its taken, Then you get dj saying how exited he is about reading, and bumble doing his meet and greets here and there, this is just a big kick to them and the fans, again. Who knows what happened or why they were late, but for all the toubles over the past 25yrs there is one common denominator.

http://www.nme.com/video/bcid/597311381001

Yeah they're really booing! :facepalm:

Rock on GNR!

Yes a 1:09 second video clip proves everything. Wooh - high 5!

Moron

Guys- come on. It's too early to tell how the crowd truly feel about the incident. Most are probably just flabbergasted at what just happened. In all honesty, this never happens outside of GNR world.

We know for a fact they were being booed to begin with. And there will be people leaving tonight who have had their opinion reaffirmed that Guns are a joke and Axl is a dick (to be fair, there's a good case to agree with them). However, there will probably be quite a few that enjoyed this entertainment. It might even be their highlight of the festival and will bring GNR more publicity.

'til then, lets just keep the insults to a minimum. Only time will tell what will happen. Lets focus on more of the burning issues:-

How does this affect the tour? What about Leeds, will they play? Will they be on time? Will the same thing happen at Leeds? What will Axl say once he's got a working mic? How does the band feel, especially Ron considering the rumours? What about contractual obligations, does this leave GNR in shit for not filling a two hour slot? Potential lawsuits?