• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*SOUND GETS CUT, AUDIENCE CHANTS TO LET THEM PLAY. WHOLE BAND IN THE CROWD*

Last two songs done acoustically, with Axl on a megaphone

Better

Paradise City

power was cut during nightrain, band play without sound for the rest of the song

axl heads into the crowd high fiving people.

then the megaphone comes out and the intro to better and a small part of paradise city are played.

not complete songs as it first seemed

Wow did I ever hate Jarmo and his band of Merry Wieners.

Can't even post that showing up an hour late for one of the biggest gigs in the world will probably wreck your chances of ever getting asked back.... deleted and privately reprimanded with a PM.... give me a fucking break

Dunno if this has been posted cause the server has been playin havoc all night....great pic tho!

97534554.jpg]

Atleast the server is working again.

As for thep icture, looks like the band is pissed and bored. Cool to know Axl still carried on with a megaphone and the band kept playing. Axl is relentless. I guess the organiser's were serious about the curfew. That's probably why there weren't live streamed, too unpredictable. Just wished they either streamed it or let the band play!

Dunno if this has been posted cause the server has been playin havoc all night....great pic tho!

97534554.jpg]

well, it makes perfect sense. Axl wanted to cancel the UK gigs, the band and prob management didn't because it would kill their rep with fans, so what happened tonight most likely results in the cancellation of the rest of the upcoming gigs while maintaining popularity with their fans and getting their name in the press as victims instead of jerks. Good move Axl.

Wow did I ever hate Jarmo and his band of Merry Wieners.

Can't even post that showing up an hour late for one of the biggest gigs in the world will probably wreck your chances of ever getting asked back.... deleted and privately reprimanded with a PM.... give me a fucking break

Was that you... :rofl-lol:

Post the PM! :lol:

Guest Apollo

Why people think this was a cool move or "rock n roll" is beyond me.

And the crowd enjoying things at the end has nothing to do with them bonding or loving GnR. It's the LAST minutes of an all day festival. Limp Bizquit could have gained the fans support while trying to keep things moving. The kids don't wanna go home - this is about the audience, not GnR.

It's like when the bar closes - people don't wanna leave yet, they want to keep partying. It doesn't matter how hot the chick is at bar-closing.....it just matters that she is a female!

Edited by Apollo

Yeah it's cool to not respect curfew and have a sitdown, and yes there are only a few artists who can get away with this. But you know what would be REAL rock n roll? Something that would put real meaning to their sitdown???

IF THEY WOULD GRAB THEIR ACOUSTIC GEAR, WENT TO THE FESTIVAL CAMPING, PLAY THE REMAINDER OF THEIR SET IN ACOUSTIC, AND THUS GIVE THE FANS ACTUAL VALUE FOR THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97534554.jpg]

well, it makes perfect sense. Axl wanted to cancel the UK gigs, the band and prob management didn't because it would kill their rep with fans, so what happened tonight most likely results in the cancellation of the rest of the upcoming gigs while maintaining popularity with their fans and getting their name in the press as victims instead of jerks. Good move Axl.

I hope that the rest of the dates aren't canceled becuase of this. Even though I'm not attending any, it would be horrible for the other people that are. This band is great and I hope to see them one day.

They were victims, sure, but it's their fault. If they went on on time the set wouldnt've been cut.

Guest Apollo

Because they didn't leave, they ended up the show how they could. DJ throwing that guitar and Axl singing with the megaphone probably looked awesome.

But yeah, all things considered, it's really sad.

I'm a die-hard Axl fan. But what would have been even cooler is them starting on time and playing an entire show.

Them staying was a good move on GnR's part in that they might have prevented a riot though -so I give them props for that. But in terms of them being cool or rock-n-roll...NO.