Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

Career Suicide - A novel by Axl Rose.

You have to be kidding me, if anything, this is Career Revival-A novel by Axl Rose of GUNS N FUCKING ROSES, SUCK THIS DICK BITCH.

**shrugs**

The only time the crowd cheered for Axl during the set, was when he wasn't playing music.

and the crowd stayed all night because they hated the music... :rolleyes: this crowd is weird..

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be kidding me, if anything, this is Career Revival-A novel by Axl Rose of GUNS N FUCKING ROSES, SUCK THIS DICK BITCH.

Too bad that it isn't the music doing the talking.

Think Axl will ever be invited back to play this festival again? Think other festivals will have GnR headline their shows if they have curfews?

Ya - real rock n roll stuff here. Screwing promotors and fans that support the band. Makes perfect sense to me.

You people are praising Axl for his antics and NOT for the music the band put out. That is what is wrong with this picture.

What music has he put out? Im not waiting for an album because I dont believe there will be one anytime soon. This is the stuff that gets the band publicity and fame, this is what I want for guns.

Think Axl will ever be invited back to play this festival again? Think other festivals will have GnR headline their shows if they have curfews?

Ya - real rock n roll stuff here. Screwing promotors and fans that support the band. Makes perfect sense to me.

You people are praising Axl for his antics and NOT for the music the band put out. That is what is wrong with this picture.

What music has he put out? Im not waiting for an album because I dont believe there will be one anytime soon. This is the stuff that gets the band publicity and fame, this is what I want for guns.

well that's pretty fucking sad if you don't expect any new music. I thought that was the purpose of axl continuing with a new lineup. If that's the case, then why aren't you just waiting for a reunion, because the old band playing their own songs would be much better.

**shrugs**

The only time the crowd cheered for Axl during the set, was when he wasn't playing music.

I guess in a way it's very good publicity. Naturally the press will rip into Axl but it gives him the label once again of 'the most erratic man in rock n roll history' and the band has again claim to the label 'the most dangerous band'. From speaking to people who went who are semi-GNR fans they thought it was great and loved the ending. It's humorous, sure there will be fucks who will complain but I think they won some fans over tonight (and didn't lose any fans because... well this is relatively minor considering what we've been through right guys?)

The internet searches will soar, youtube vids go through the roof. The publicity will get people know GNR are back and active. Possibly listening to Chinese Democracy. Increase in sales?

Of course their festival days in the UK are over but fuck festivals. Arenas are where it's at :thumbsup:

Guest Apollo

"That was the best concert I have ever been too. Axl and Guns tore the place up. They kicked serious ass."

or

"They went on 90 minutes late, despite being warned against it. They got boo'd for most of the show. Finally got some cheers in late in the show when they played the classic favorites. But the highlight for me was when the show was ENDED EARLY and Axl protested by sitting on the stage."

Really? You choose option two over option one?

I'd rather people be talking about what a great show Axl put on. You'd rather the publicity be that GnR got their set ended by the promotor? That's negative publicity - not exactly something that helps GnR out.

Axl and the boys going onstage on time, playing a kick-ass show.....I'd much rather that be the publicity. Not other antics.

There is no doubt they were late on purpuse just to prove a point . Sure was handy for Axl to have a megaphone wasn't it.

I will say it is very shitty that they done this. They knew what the curfew was and broke it plain and simple and basically fucked everyone. For those who say they would have only needed 15mins to finsh and the promoters or how ever pulled the plug done the wrong, that is just utter bullshit. What is BULLSHIT is GNR showing up late, bottom line.

Being late for shows is no longer cool anymore, it's just a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

Yeah I know GNR are famous for this but to say it is common knowledge and you should expect it is BS too not everyone follows as closely as we do.

I see this as the beginning of the end for the band in its current form and quite possibly forever. I hope neither happens but I just is looking that way.

I hate being negitive but hell it gets to a point to where you just have to ask why and whats the point anymore???????

If they ask GnR back again, they are irresponsible. It will be the third time. After the first time, you're partly to blame for returning to an abuser.

"That was the best concert I have ever been too. Axl and Guns tore the place up. They kicked serious ass."

or

"They went on 90 minutes late, despite being warned against it. They got boo'd for most of the show. Finally got some cheers in late in the show when they played the classic favorites. But the highlight for me was when the show was ENDED EARLY and Axl protested by sitting on the stage."

Really? You choose option two over option one?

I'd rather people be talking about what a great show Axl put on. You'd rather the publicity be that GnR got their set ended by the promotor? That's negative publicity - not exactly something that helps GnR out.

Axl and the boys going onstage on time, playing a kick-ass show.....I'd much rather that be the publicity. Not other antics.

Man.. your shit gets tiring... no one cares about your opinion.

Same shit for SunnyDRE (no racist).

Holy Shit. Axl shouldn't be late and they shouldn't cut off the power. These fucking british can't wait ten fucking minutes so they can end PC ?? They can't stand ten fucking minutes ?? They're going to a festival to go to bed right after midnight ?? Unbelievable. Axl isn't right, but this is just idiot.

Yeah, that's what I don't understand, let them play! GN'R were the headliners, they were the band some people sat through shit indie bands to see. Let them have another 15 fucking minutes for alteast Paradise City. We won't here the last of this from Axl on any upcoming show, that is, if there is any.

Show up on time and don't be late.

Yeah, I know, but it's Axl Rose. He's could've came out on time and nothing bad happenes, but he didn't, and lord knows why. But I just think atlest let them play the closing Paradise City to send the fans home happy.

Yeah it's Axl Rose and they knew what happened in 2002.

So they said "if you play past midnight you'll get the plug pulled because of the curfew the festival has".

And for the first CUNT that posted, the festival doesn't control how late the bands can play.

Did you not read what was said by the festival boss? It's the council and they could END the festival if the curfew is broken.

RETARD.

for cunt number 2: Axl new the rules it's HIS fault, don't turn this on the festival. AND people don't know if there was 1,2 or 5 more songs. Nightrain normally ends part 1. Then there's an encore. The even played (parts of) 2 songs with the megaphone.

I don;t know how you can defend Axl on this one I'm sorry!

I think it's funny, but less of the shit to the festival.

I think this was a great gig and the ending of the concert was epic, if you don't, whatever.

And, OK, GN'R shouldn't have been late, but couldn't the Reading production let GNR play Paradise City? They did exactly what Axl wanted them to do, or someone here doubts he didn't plan this ending and just found a megaphone on the backstage.

The crowd chanted LET THEM PLAY. That's he wanted. He came down from the stage to personally greet the crowd. It ran the way Axl wanted.

I wanted to see the the Reading Boss face in the ending.

Now I wonder what Guns N' Roses will do at Leeds. If they play it.

Guest Apollo

There wont be any new music within the next 2 years, if this is what gets GnR back on TV, so be it.

This is the show everyone will be talking about, not Tokyo.

Seriously though - the music world isn't really going to care about this as much as the 100 or so fans on this forum do.

This isn't going to make Axl a hero to the music world. To 90% of the people out there, this will be just another punch line.

Again, it baffles me that you'd rather have bad publicity.......than good publicity. The way the band performed at the concert should be what people are talking about. If GnR has to rely on publicity stunts.....then they are about 8 miles removed from being the worlds most dangerous band.

I think this was a great gig and the ending of the concert was epic, if you don't, whatever.

And, OK, GN'R shouldn't have been late, but couldn't the Reading production let GNR play Paradise City? They did exactly what Axl wanted them to do, or someone here doubts he didn't plan this ending and just found a megaphone on the backstage.

The crowd chanted LET THEM PLAY. That's he wanted. He came down from the stage to personally greet the crowd. It ran the way Axl wanted.

I wanted to see the the Reading Boss face in the ending.

Now I wonder what Guns N' Roses will do at Leeds. If they play it.

You're an idiot.

The festival had to stop because they would get into SERIOUS trouble with the local council.

What don't you understand about that?