Ashba has embarrassed himself

spunko12345

DJ Asba is a clown his Twitter outburst against the Reading/Leeds promoter Melvin Benn was outrageous.

eading and Leeds Festivals organiser Melvin Benn has told NME he doesn't have a grudge against Guns N' Roses, after the band took to the stage late at the Reading leg of the bash on Friday (August 27).

In a video interview you can watch on the right of your screen now, Benn said he had "absolutely no idea at all" why the band did not begin their set on time.

Benn also gave his reaction to the band's negative Twitter comments about him today, saying: "I haven't got a grudge against the band. Why would I have a grudge against the band? They're one of the greatest bands in the world and they're playing one of the greatest festivals in the world."

He added that he's also "sure" they will play Leeds Festival as scheduled later tonight.

"I've got no reason to think that they won't play. Of course they'll play. They've got great fans and the fans will be there waiting for them. The only thing that I know is that I've got to finish at 11pm (BST). That's the issue really."

After the show Reading And Leeds Festivals boss Melvin Benn told NME that Guns N' Roses had not been given the OK to play until 11:58pm. "I have no idea where that came from," he said. "I was behind the sound equipment so I couldn't actually hear what he said. Bands often say things like that when they are curtailed."

The scenes followed the band's performance at the Reading Festival on Friday, when they came on an hour late and organisers pulled the plug on their set as they were about to break the noise curfew. That night the band staged a protest by attempting to play without amplification, with Rose telling the crowd that they were not planning to head to Leeds.

Up until the encore, despite the late start, the Leeds show went ahead without any controversial incidents taking place, with the group attracting a huge crowd.

Rose made several costume changes throughout, switching from a silver jacket to a black one, a purple one, a red checked jacket with a cowboy hat, then a gaudy white jacket, and finally a white sleeveless top.

After 'Paradise City' the band then went to the front of the stage and bowed, with Rose saying: "Be safe getting out of here. And for the problems with the promoters, fuck you."

Benn played down the "war" comment, saying he would actually consider booking the band again. "I'd definitely book them again but I don't know if they'd come and play," he said. "I doubt I'll be getting a Christmas card from them, which is a shame because tonight was great. There are rules we have to abide by here in the UK, they're very clear rules. It's not personal, I think the band are great. Why would I make it personal?"

Edited by spunko12345

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

figured this would be about his tattoos. oh well.

I figured this would be about the way he has been panned as a Slash imposter without the curly hair by some of the media after the 2 festival shows.

Nope its about the way he launched into a personal tirade against a guy who was being honest and reasonable about the restrictions he was up against.

When they don't speak or support Axl you guys complain and when they do, well, you guys complain.

DJ is a great guy. I had the chance to meet and have a nice conversation with him. He has a lot of respect for the band, Axl and us fan.

What do you know about what happened at Reading? Were you there?

Respect to DJ that have the guts to say what he wants and to keep the fans updated.

You don't like it, well there's always Justin Bieber ;)

The promoter should have told them that he would pull the plug if they violated curfew when they worked out the deal for GNR to play Reading and Leeds. Waiting a few days before the shows were to take place, and then warning them in the press, was a chickenshit move.

Hahaha, I figured that some naive kid would post something like this once the fella from Reading responded. This is nothing more that a typical generic response anyone who knows anything about PR and communications would expect from someone who very well could have a grudge against them.

I figured this would be about the way he has been panned as a Slash imposter without the curly hair by some of the media after the 2 festival shows.

That's because he is. It's also why he's been the most well-received of the roundel of Axl's henchmen guitarists, because he most closely resembles Slash. It's why Buckethead was laughed at. Skill or no skill, the guy was an embarassment.

That's because he is. It's also why he's been the most well-received of the roundel of Axl's henchmen guitarists, because he most closely resembles Slash. It's why Buckethead was laughed at. Skill or no skill, the guy was an embarassment.

Bucket's been the most popular member of the new lineup other than Axl. That's why he's beside Axl in the CD booklet.

I've never heard a promoter use the press to issue a warning to a band before, and say things about pulling the plug on someone. People have been saying the band was unprofessional for going on late, seems to me like this guy is just as unprofessional.

Hahaha, I figured that some naive kid

what is it with you calling people kids if you dont like what they post , you called me one yesterday without knowing anything about me and im 44..... he may just be but you shure are acting like one ...

?

I didn't call you a kid yesterday and there isn't anything childish about the way I'm discussing this topic at all.

I didn't have a problem with his statement.

He did kinda come across as a little kid, defending his favorite pokeman though; and I did find it interesting that he brought up something (2002/grudge), that happen way before he was even in the band.

Makes you kinda wonder if he believes Axl's version of events on everything.

Either that or those lip piercings. Geez man get some non gay looking fashion accessories.

ive always been a fan of hoop earrings myself

slash-velvetrevolver2.jpg

Yeah the hoop earrings aren't the best but at least you can't see them most of the time.

Slash544.jpg

In case you hadn't noticed, that is a good looking man.