Lostprophets call Axl and GNR a joke

bangit

Too funny. If a reviewer writes a bad review - then they are biased and just have a grudge against Axl. If another band comments negatively - they aren't allowed because they are the worst band that ever lived. So basically, unless you say something 100 percent positive about Axl - you just have a grudge, you are biased, and ou don't know shit about music, and if you are in a band then your band sucks.

It's a fair point, which is why I made it clear that I actually like his band.

Like I said though, I think it's pretty disrespectful of him to call the band a joke. He wouldn't even dream of going up to any of those guys and saying that to them.

But we all "love" Axl because he is not afraid to speak his mind......but this guy is villified for speaking his mind? If this same guy had said that axl was awesome and gnr was the best band ever, would all the forum members still be saying they were a shit band? No. They'd be talking about what a great up and coming band they are.

I just think its funny. I've been a diehard axl fan since 1987. I've had a thousand arguements on this forum with axlhaters, I've always defended axl and what he does. BUT axl is a big boy, when he screws up, its OK to call him on it. And its hilarious to watch some of these people defend axl no matter what he does.

just what needs to be said in this thread

great post

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny. If a reviewer writes a bad review - then they are biased and just have a grudge against Axl. If another band comments negatively - they aren't allowed because they are the worst band that ever lived. So basically, unless you say something 100 percent positive about Axl - you just have a grudge, you are biased, and ou don't know shit about music, and if you are in a band then your band sucks.

that's pretty much it around these parts. :shrugs:

Like I said though, I think it's pretty disrespectful of him to call the band a joke. He wouldn't even dream of going up to any of those guys and saying that to them.

But we all "love" Axl because he is not afraid to speak his mind......but this guy is villified for speaking his mind? If this same guy had said that axl was awesome and gnr was the best band ever, would all the forum members still be saying they were a shit band? No. They'd be talking about what a great up and coming band they are.

I just think its funny. I've been a diehard axl fan since 1987. I've had a thousand arguements on this forum with axlhaters, I've always defended axl and what he does. BUT axl is a big boy, when he screws up, its OK to call him on it. And its hilarious to watch some of these people defend axl no matter what he does.

Hey come one, at least Axl knows his place. What these Lost Prophets guys said would be something like Axl in 1983 saying that ACDC is a joke, or something like that, these Lost Prophets guys clearly don't know what they are saying.

Edited by RocketKing99

I agree with all of that.

I've no issue at all with him thinking that about Axl, I don't really care. All I thought was that it was hypocritical of that guy to call out Axl for being disrespectful to bands and fans, when he was clearly disrespectful to GNR and their fans at the end.

All that being said....

Lostprophets are bigger than every member of NuGnR excluding Axl, whether you like them or not.

Comparing members of a band to a band isn't a great comparison though. Infact I'm not entirely sure what point you are making. Lost Prophets are bigger than any member of NuGNR, Mike Lewis is not.

Edited by axldavies

!

Lostprophets are bigger than every member of NuGnR excluding Axl, whether you like them or not.

Bumble, DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson and Dizzy are bigger than this band.

:lol: No they're not. Certainly not in the UK, anyway. The only one who comes close is Ashba because of his few singles with Sixx AM. These guys have had quite a few really popular songs in the last six or seven years. Hell, that's more than Axl's done in the last six or seven years.

Comparing members of a band to a band isn't a great comparison though. Infact I'm not entirely sure what point you are making. Lost Prophets are bigger than any member of NuGNR, Mike Lewis is not.

Okay, if you take Axl out of NuGNR and put Bumblefoot on vocals, at this stage, Lostprophets would be higher on the bill.

And this is coming from a big Guns N' Roses, and Bumblefoot fan. It's just a simple fact. Just because I like this band doesn't mean I have to rape logic.

Edited by Conor

that's pretty much it around these parts. :shrugs:

And on the other hand, if you are positive, you are sucking Axl's dick... it goes both ways.

Apparently this is the bassist from lostprophets speaking, the singer is a big fan of GNR and regularly plays Sweet child o' mine during their concerts. This bassist is just a douchebag and he isn't lostprophets, he is just the bassist (and a poor one).

Guest Apollo

And for the first time in my 8 years on the forum......I'm in a topic where I have 100% agreement with Sweetness, Moreblack and Conor.

Unfortunately, most of the music world agrees with this bass player. I will always be a die-hard fan of Axl's. I will buy the next CD. And I will go to more concerts. But aside from die-hard GnR fans......most people think of Axl and this current lineup as a bit of a joke. That is the sad truth, some fans on here just can't accept it.

And I think that is extremely sad, because I LOVE almost all of Chinese Democracy. I put Better, SOD, This I love, Catcher, Twat, Prostitute up there with all the Illusions songs. I think some more interviews, a video or two, a song on a movie soundtrack for teens/young adults (If the world is a great song, but the Leo movie was for older people), a couple live performances on Kimmel/Letterman/etc and I think that once the general music population was exposed to the album, it could have been huge. It should have been huge.

I wish he were wrong...but he's not. I'm glad GNR wanted to make a statement to the promoters by going on late at these gigs, but they did deprive the fans of music when the promoters pulled the plug - just like they said they would.

Who the hell do these guys think they are? Axl Rose is a living legend. Chinese Democracy is one of the greatest albums of all time. These guys wish they could put out something as epicly amazing as Chinese Democracy. Too complex for their sorry asses to understand and appreciate, I'm sure.

Best Regards,

Bumble, DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson and Dizzy are bigger than this band.

:lol: No they're not. Certainly not in the UK, anyway. The only one who comes close is Ashba because of his few singles with Sixx AM. These guys have had quite a few really popular songs in the last six or seven years. Hell, that's more than Axl's done in the last six or seven years.

Okay, if you take Axl out of NuGNR and put Bumblefoot on vocals, at this stage, Lostprophets would be higher on the bill.

And this is coming from a big Guns N' Roses, and Bumblefoot fan. It's just a simple fact. Just because I like this band doesn't mean I have to rape logic.

Maybe in the U.K, but I doubt in the U.S(where I never even heard of the Lostprophets) they are bigger. France im sure Bumble is bigger, Tommy is pretty big for his stint in The Replacements. Ashba is defiantly bigger here.

Title says it all.

Makes perfect sense...hey Axl, it isn't 1992 anymore. That would've NEVER happened back in the UYI days but that was 18 years ago. You'd think he'd have gotten most of the asshole out of his system by now but I guess not.

Edited by GeorgeGlass