axls sounding a bit rough

stebarker

ok ive seen shows earlier this year and he sounded top, but now i think his voice sounds shit at the minute. i just seen some of the irish gigs and welcome to the jungle sounded crap!

anyones view welcome exapt the fan boys

Well since the thread starter is wanting people to bash axl, I guess I will keep my comments to myself.

ok ive seen shows earlier this year and he sounded top, but now i think his voice sounds shit at the minute. i just seen some of the irish gigs and welcome to the jungle sounded crap!

Well since the thread starter is wanting people to bash axl, I guess I will keep my comments to myself.

how am i wanting people to bash him i said that my opinion and DISCUSS you know what others think :fuckyou:

I don't think he meant it that way...I think he just doesn't want people who defend Axl no-matter-what.

Axl sounded pretty good at the gig last night because he was standing still the entire time, but I have to admit some other recent gigs haven't been as strong. I was honestly a bit disappointed in the pro-shots I saw from Reading, but the dude's getting older, and it's hard to keep up that level of intensity. His style of singing is a lot different than some other rock stars, and running around stage at the same time can be really draining.

I don't think he meant it that way...I think he just doesn't want people who defend Axl no-matter-what.

Axl sounded pretty good at the gig last night because he was standing still the entire time, but I have to admit some other recent gigs haven't been as strong. I was honestly a bit disappointed in the pro-shots I saw from Reading, but the dude's getting older, and it's hard to keep up that level of intensity. His style of singing is a lot different than some other rock stars, and running around stage at the same time can be really draining.

bang on mate, he comes out like an animal on speed haha i think his voice just needs a rest tbh nout else

Axl' took a long break before Reading (yeah, he did STURGIS, but was just ONE show), so it's commom to his voice not be in the top in the early legs of the tour.

I will be back here after the fifth or sixth show from this Euro Tour to see if people would still think the same.

Also, i think he sounds pretty fucking great, and i'm not saying that because of his age. Jungle from reading wasn't THAT good vocally, but look at the stage presence. It's completly normal he doesn't hit the high notes running all over the place.

I think two of his strongest shows, vocally, have been the ones where he was pissed off and stood still the entire time (last night and Download from '06). "Better" from Download was amazing. Maybe the best performance of that track ever.

Hey, you could also add Brisbane! He didn't stayed in the same spot the whole show, but he sang all songs with anger, including the "ballads"

Edited by ChrisMaciel

The guy is getting on a bit now, no he isn't a dinosaur but at his age the movement and energy he puts in plus travelling must take its toll, for me it is up and down, its a mix between average and incredible.What has been noticeable is how well the band is performing, possibly the sound of the band and how great they sound is hampering Axl?, or highlighting the blips

I think two of his strongest shows, vocally, have been the ones where he was pissed off and stood still the entire time (last night and Download from '06). "Better" from Download was amazing. Maybe the best performance of that track ever.

I've been wanting to watch this clip again for some time now, but it's not on youtube (with audio, anyway). Anyone have it by chance??

I thought he sounded very good from the Reading proshot stuff I saw. Do you want to provide a link to some of his recent bad vocals? I think his vocals are one of the few positives as of late.

I think he sounded a bit better during the Canada leg. His voice was raspy and strong and he hit the notes. Now he seems to be little bit out of breath sometimes (like at the beginning of the Tour in 2006) and his voice is a bit mickey-mouseish again. Not saying that he sounded bad, but he was definitley in better condition during the Canada leg.

November Rain Reading vs.

Sorry for the bad quality, but I couldn't find anything better now. I think you can still here the differences though.

Edited by misch

Maybe it was because of the crowd, hahaha. In other shows, he sounded great

His vocals in Belfast were outstanding, I really didn't think they would be as good after watching the stuff from Reading on the BBC. The whole band performed to an extremely high standard.

This is true, what a contrast to the Dublin fiasco.

Me too (for a change).

But still, I just can't help myself from at least giving this >>> :fuckyou: