Axl article on Yahoo. He's getting torn up

Nick83

That's cute, did they mention that the next two dates are SOLD OUT, as well as others on this tour.....

sold out? I didn't know it

Its too bad the press dont mention things like this, or at reading all the cheers and fuck you chants directed at reading so the boys could keep on playing....

Haters gonna hate..

More like realists going to be real. Can Axl do anything wrong according to you people? WTF.

It's seriously ridiculous sometimes. How anybody can defend the guy for something like this is beyond me. AXL is the one who causes shit like this because he goes on late. It's not like fans just start fucking with him without any reason behind it. By the time Guns comes out the fans are already pissed. Couple that with the fact that Axl is probably the most easily irritated musician on the planet and incidents like this occur.

I don't agree with them being late all the time. But IMO they aren't really THAT late. Pretty much every show that I go to there is a 35-50 wait while they change the stage. Now I agree that GNR take longer than most, most people should expect it really. festivals are another thing, and for this reason and think that festivals are not the best place for GNR to play. Their own shows are fine.

However.... Throwing stuff on stage and AT THE BAND MEMBERS is NOT COOL. Never.

He WAS nice enough to give them a warning, just like he did in South America. Difference was that they heeded the warning. Ireland did not. He could have showed up 2 hours late, flipped the crowd off and left after 40 minutes and it STILL wouldn't be justified in throwing stuff at him...

What's it people even being allowed bottles on the floor anyway? At the Edmonton show we weren't even allowed plastic water bottles. Easy to see why...

It's never cool to throw shit at bands, but I mean, come on, Guns N' Roses isn't the only band that gets heckled and has shit thrown at them. Punishing an entire crowd because 2 retards act like idiots is beyond ridiculous. Just point them out, tell security to get over there and continue the show. It's not fair at all that fans who are 500 feet away and have no bearing on what someone in the front row is doing has to suffer. If I was in their position I would be PISSED, too, and I think everybody here would be, too. Put yourself in their position...you're waiting hours to see a band, they finally come out, then leave 2 songs in. Axl shouldn't let a group of idiots ruin an entire show, I'm sorry but that's just bullshit.

This whole "they should point out the bottle-throwers to security instead of punishing everyone" is dicey at best. I agree that not everyone should be punished, and it is unfortunate that everyone was. This notion that somehow the band can spot out who in a sea of people actually threw the bottles is ridiculous. They're trying to perform a show, not eagle-eye the crowd trying to spot who is throwing what. If anything, security should handle that, not the band. That should be security's job, not the band's.

Ali

plenty of other bands have figured out how to do it. including baz while opening for gnr a few years ago. don't tell me baz has amazing super powers that axl doesn't. besides, axl's got like 10 more dudes in his band anyways. dizzy could give the bongos a rest and just watch out to see who's throwing shit at axl.

Yeah, by chance Baz saw who was throwing something. It isn't the band's job to sit there and scan the crowd for who is throwing what. They can't do that and perform at the same time. If anything, security should have done that.

Ali

plenty of other bands have figured out how to do it. including baz while opening for gnr a few years ago. don't tell me baz has amazing super powers that axl doesn't. besides, axl's got like 10 more dudes in his band anyways. dizzy could give the bongos a rest and just watch out to see who's throwing shit at axl.

dont be ridiculous. jungle needs bongos.

dont want to have shit thrown at you? thats reasonable.

dont want to wait 2 hours for the show to start? also reasonable.

Yeah, by chance Baz saw who was throwing something. It isn't the band's job to sit there and scan the crowd for who is throwing what. They can't do that and perform at the same time. If anything, security should have done that.

Ali

so how come every other band in the history of rock music has figured out how to deal with a few rowdy fans without walking off and canceling shows? are they magical, or is axl just dumb? i don't get it.

What? All I'm saying is that it is unreasonable to put the task of identifying the people causing trouble in the crowd on the band. That's all. I believe security should do that. I don't know what the hell else you're talking about. Has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

Ali

Ali

so how come every other band in the history of rock music has figured out how to deal with a few rowdy fans without walking off and canceling shows? are they magical, or is axl just dumb? i don't get it.

What? All I'm saying is that it is unreasonable to put the task of identifying the people causing trouble in the crowd on the band. That's all. I believe security should do that. I don't know what the hell else you're talking about. Has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

Ali

yeah, i get that you're saying it's unreasonably impossible to handle that situation in any other way than axl did last night. i get it.

and i'm saying you're full of shit because plenty of other bands have managed to do it. so that makes it perfectly reasonable. just because axl can't do something doesn't mean it can't be done.

No, you clearly don't get what I'm saying. But, nice try at twisting my words around, though :thumbsup:

Ali