GNR in Milan - september 5th 2010

Twinaleblood

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends! Is there still any free and convenient way to download vids off of youtube?

Im watching lauretta200's recordings and they would make a nice screen-shot mini-DVD.

Jungle

SCOM

Nov Rain

KOHD

Try ATube catcher

Hello there. First time I post in this forum, but I have been browsing here since CD came out a couple of years ago.

Since I am Italian and was at the show in Rome (BTW, I apologise if I am not 100% spot on with my english) I thought you might find interesting to know how the concerts were generally received from fans in Italy.

1. Lateness: there were few attempts in the Italian newspaper to focus on Axl's previous delays, but it really fired-back because all the comments to those articles and reviews were along the lines of "10:30 start is NOT exactly late for Italy, and generally speaking with don't give a damn!"
  2. Performance: there wasn't literally NONE at the gig (at least in Rome) that was less than enthusiastic about the band's performance. I have heard many people (even much younger than me - I am 37) commenting that they came to see "the artists formerly known as GNR" with zero expectations and found Axl in top shape and the band super
  3. Atmosphere: just one word: "CRAZY". When the lights went down and CD riff started (not to mention WTTJ) the hell went loose. Everybody was singing and jumping and a couple of times I had to catch my wife before she surfed away from me over the "waves" in the crowd (I think you all saw the mosh pits). After three songs I was literally gasping for air and begging for a ballad, which came shortly afterwards (TIL) and everybody sung that one as well. Axl and the guys were probably caught by the excitement and soon started to smile an make jokes among them; for example BBF started puffing air from his mouth pretending to be bored during a couple of DJ's solos; someone threw a bra and Axl said that it matched his thong, ecc.
  4. Last but not least talking about Axl's attitude: you might like to know that a very famous music journalist here in Italy mentioned in his review of the concert that after the concert in Milan he saw a steady flow of beatiful girls in the band's dressing room coming and going but Axl - in his bathrobe - was apart practicing his voice (cool-down exercises) until late night.

Hope this was interesting enough for you.

Great reading, thanks

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Hi friends! Is there still any free and convenient way to download vids off of youtube?

Im watching lauretta200's recordings and they would make a nice screen-shot mini-DVD.

Jungle

SCOM

Nov Rain

KOHD

That's what I call of a nice performance of WTTJ. Axl sucked at Reading.

Axl and the guys were probably caught by the excitement and soon started to smile an make jokes among them; for example BBF started puffing air from his mouth pretending to be bored during a couple of DJ's solos; someone threw a bra and Axl said that it matched his thong, ecc.[*]Last but not least talking about Axl's attitude: you might like to know that a very famous music journalist here in Italy mentioned in his review of the concert that after the concert in Milan he saw a steady flow of beatiful girls in the band's dressing room coming and going but Axl - in his bathrobe - was apart practicing his voice (cool-down exercises) until late night.

Thanks for telling us what happened in Italy :thumbsup:

Hello there. First time I post in this forum, but I have been browsing here since CD came out a couple of years ago.

Since I am Italian and was at the show in Rome (BTW, I apologise if I am not 100% spot on with my english) I thought you might find interesting to know how the concerts were generally received from fans in Italy.

1. Lateness: there were few attempts in the Italian newspaper to focus on Axl's previous delays, but it really fired-back because all the comments to those articles and reviews were along the lines of "10:30 start is NOT exactly late for Italy, and generally speaking with don't give a damn!"
  2. Performance: there wasn't literally NONE at the gig (at least in Rome) that was less than enthusiastic about the band's performance. I have heard many people (even much younger than me - I am 37) commenting that they came to see "the artists formerly known as GNR" with zero expectations and found Axl in top shape and the band super
  3. Atmosphere: just one word: "CRAZY". When the lights went down and CD riff started (not to mention WTTJ) the hell went loose. Everybody was singing and jumping and a couple of times I had to catch my wife before she surfed away from me over the "waves" in the crowd (I think you all saw the mosh pits). After three songs I was literally gasping for air and begging for a ballad, which came shortly afterwards (TIL) and everybody sung that one as well. Axl and the guys were probably caught by the excitement and soon started to smile an make jokes among them; for example BBF started puffing air from his mouth pretending to be bored during a couple of DJ's solos; someone threw a bra and Axl said that it matched his thong, ecc.
  4. Last but not least talking about Axl's attitude: you might like to know that a very famous music journalist here in Italy mentioned in his review of the concert that after the concert in Milan he saw a steady flow of beatiful girls in the band's dressing room coming and going but Axl - in his bathrobe - was apart practicing his voice (cool-down exercises) until late night.

Awesome! Thanks for posting! :)

to prove what Italian members told us, here are some links, if you google tranlsate them, you'll find out for your self :D - http://www.musicroom.it/articolo/guns-n-roses-il-concerto-di-roma-foto-e-video/17241/ and http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=117516&sez=HOME_SPETTACOLO the fans really stood up to the press. and see this one http://www.concertionline.com/concerti-rock/guns-n-roses-grande-ritorno-per-due-date-a-milano-e-a-roma-a-settembre/ which says that Chinese Democracy had record sells!

to prove what Italian members told us, here are some links, if you google tranlsate them, you'll find out for your self :D - http://www.musicroom.it/articolo/guns-n-roses-il-concerto-di-roma-foto-e-video/17241/ and http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=117516&sez=HOME_SPETTACOLO the fans really stood up to the press. and see this one http://www.concertionline.com/concerti-rock/guns-n-roses-grande-ritorno-per-due-date-a-milano-e-a-roma-a-settembre/ which says that Chinese Democracy had record sells!

'The fabulous acoustic song 'one in a million' :rofl-lol: