Guns N' Roses 33rd Greatest Artist of all Time

Encore

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Jackson should be number 1.

What? :rofl-lol:

Well, he's in the top 5 (and he could very well top the list when they announce the top 5 places). He's both directly and in-directly influenced practically every new artist who's emerged in the past 20 years. Bob Dylan hasn't.

The bad thing with lists is that most people can't put their own personal bias aside. I can't stand bob dylan or paul mccartney. Hell, I don't really even like the Stones that much. But I still recognize their importance to the music world.

Great to see GnR listed - especially with only six albums in 23 years.

The bad thing with lists is that most people can't put their own personal bias aside. I can't stand bob dylan or paul mccartney. Hell, I don't really even like the Stones that much. But I still recognize their importance to the music world.

Great to see GnR listed - especially with only six albums in 23 years.

Well said. I'm not a fan of Bon Dylan in the slightest either, but I'm not so blind to see that he clearly means a lot to a lot of people, and like it or not, has managed to stay the course for decades and decades.

As someone else said, these lists are always contentious, and everyone had their opinions on who should (or shouldn't) be placed where...but having said that, Pearl Jam and Fleetwood Mac are criminally low on that list when you look at some of the parp that's higher up... without mentioning any names... *COUGH* Coldplay *COUGH*

I always wonder how the current band members feel when Guns N' Roses is ranked so highly on these lists. Surely, they can't feel like it's their accomplishment? ...or maybe they can? Perhaps when Welcome to the Jungle plays on the radio, they feel like it's their song? It must be frustrating for Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus to know they've been in the band longer than anyone from the Appetite line-up, but Guns N' Roses only makes it on these lists because of what that line-up did. It's going to be hilarious if GnR gets inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. It's reasonable to suspect no one from the current line-up is going to be invited..

We know Axl was furious when Rolling Stone magazine celebrated the 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction with the original band on the front cover. It makes you wonder how those other guys feel..

-Kickingthehabit

I always wonder how the current band members feel when Guns N' Roses is ranked so highly on these lists. Surely, they can't feel like it's their accomplishment? ...or maybe they can? Perhaps when Welcome to the Jungle plays on the radio, they feel like it's their song? It must be frustrating for Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus to know they've been in the band longer than anyone from the Appetite line-up, but Guns N' Roses only makes it on these lists because of what that line-up did. It's going to be hilarious if GnR gets inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. It's reasonable to suspect no one from the current line-up is going to be invited..

We know Axl was furious when Rolling Stone magazine celebrated the 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction with the original band on the front cover. It makes you wonder how those other guys feel..

-Kickingthehabit

I feel bad for Tommy the most. He was in a band that's often regarded as legendary, and it's just a shame that a band like that never gets the recognition it deserves, and then when his current band will get inducted, he won't be inducted.

We have threads for this discussion.

Are you thick? How is the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, an institution in which artists are honored for their achievement, not applicable in a thread discussing VH1's honoring of Guns N' Roses for their achievements? It fits perfectly within the parameters of this discussion. Your post is lamentable in that it offers nothing constructive or remotely interesting, and yet you have the balls to attempt to police my thoughts? Ridiculous..

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

Nirvana better than Queen??? Give me a fucking break. Nirvana is so over rated

Plus ten fucking million.

Sure Queen are / were huge, but their music has aged, and sounds dated.

When I listen to Nirvana, their music hasn't aged at all, and sounds as fresh as ever.

15 years ago I would have agreed. Now in 2010, I like Nirvana more than Queen by miles.