Guns N' Roses @ Amneville, Sep 10th

Spirit

Sorry full:

After watching that I'm thinking they should just drop Sorry and bring in Scraped.

Yeah but you be a crazy mofo! :crazy:

Everyone else is right on this, great performance. Axl is spot on, the 8 second note at 5:16 is fantastic, and the back up harmonies in chorus are well rehearsed and sublimely performed. Those harmonies in chorus could easily be a train wreck, I'm blown away at how good that sounds, beautiful 5ths and 9ths and what have coinciding, all tone perfect. You'd hear it badly if one note goes off there, that was the best live backing I've heard by GnR ever (flock of chicks on UYI tour aside), they worked on that! And to top is all off Axl's priceless "CHAAAA" at the end!

Also great camera, needs "more barn" as Neil Young would say, but beautifully shot.

Edited by axlskAmpf

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I love alt view:

I just realized something about this song live. When they first played it in Taipei I pointed out here how they had dropped the key a full step to f# m (f sharp minor)from the studio track, in g#m. I figured Axl didn't want to try the higher notes quite so high.

Taipei

Studio

All the live performances since I figured that was still in dropped key. Nope! Turns out the next show in Korea it was off the set list, but show number three in Osaka it was back, and raised back to g#!

That means he's belting out high d#'s with the "I've searched the universe" parts. So cheers Axl for changing it back, and pulling off the original 90s recording in 09-10. Goes to show he goes the extra mile, far easier to keep it lower forever.

And they say he doesn't read what fans say! I'm kidding of course. :D

Edited by axlskAmpf

Sorry full:

After watching that I'm thinking they should just drop Sorry and bring in Scraped.

I totally agree. Sorry isn't very exciting.

Sounds so empty on stage while Sorry's being performed.

probably because its recorded with a low quality cam. there is almost no bass what so ever in the clip