Is Nevermind the best album of the last 30 years?

SunnyDRE

i'm 30 year's old, andn I listen and love alot music and many bands; but no matter what I'm listening to "in the moment", I always seem to come back to this album and through this album, I have discovered so many great bands (dino jr, sonic youth etc.).

Something about this collection of song's Nirvana put together......can't put my finger on it, but they resonate with me no matter how old or situation.

the only albums that I think give nevermind a run for its money in my lifetime are: achtung baby (u2), ok computer (radiohead), thriller (micheal jackson), purple rain (prince), stories from the city (pj harvey) diary (sunny day real esate), atliens (outkast) designing a nervous (the anniverary), supreme clientele (ghostface killah).

thoughts?

Edited by SunnyDRE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm 30 year's old, andn I listen and love alot music and many bands; but no matter what I'm listening to "in the moment", I always seem to come back to this album and through this album, I have discovered so many great bands (dino jr, sonic youth etc.).

Something about this collection of song's Nirvana put together......can't put my finger on it, but they resonate with me no matter how old or situation.

the only albums that I think give nevermind a run for its money in my lifetime are: achtung baby (u2), ok computer (radiohead), thriller (micheal jackson), purple rain (prince), stories from the city (pj harvey) diary (sunny day real esate), atliens (outkast) designing a nervous (the anniversya).

thoughts?

No, it's not.

the only albums that I think give nevermind a run for its money in my lifetime are: achtung baby (u2), ok computer (radiohead), thriller (micheal jackson), purple rain (prince), stories from the city (pj harvey) diary (sunny day real esate), atliens (outkast) designing a nervous (the anniversya).

thoughts?

No, it's not.

Then what is?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I've never been much of a Nirvana fan. Probably never really will be given the feud Axl and Kurt had. Axl being my hero and all. But I may give them a chance to see if the can grab my attention and respect.

Any song suggestions by them to ease my way into their music? I'm not much of a grunge fan but I'm willing to give anything a try I guess.

Edited by HB3

Please leave and never come back.

Why?

Is that all you have to say?

c'mon, you aren't stupid. tell me why i'm wrong. I'm not even saying I'm right in my OG post - just asking for thoughts.

surely you have thoughts?

Nevermind is just all teenage depression and angst, with stupid lyrics. It's a depressing album. I think UYI 1 is better than Nevermind.

I think Perl Jam's Ten is also better. Blind Melon's self titled debt is better. I think Aenima by Tool is better. Bloody Kisses by Type O Negative is better. Master of Puppets and "...And Justice for All." by Metallica are better. Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden is better.

1984 by Van Halen is better.

Edited by MetalForever

Not even close to my favorite. My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, Slowdive's Souvlaki, Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A., Death's The Sound of Perseverance, Atheist's Unquestionable Presence, Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Pearl Jam's Vs., Nas' Illmatic, The Stone Roses' The Stone Roses, A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders, The Verve's Urban Hymns, The Replacements' Pleased to Meet Me, Modest Mouse's The Moon & Antarctica, U2's The Joshua Tree, and Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain are just some that I prefer vastly.

Not even close to my favorite. My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, Slowdive's Souvlaki, Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A., Death's The Sound of Perseverance, Atheist's Unquestionable Presence, Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Pearl Jam's Vs., Nas' Illmatic, The Stone Roses' The Stone Roses, A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders, The Verve's Urban Hymns, The Replacements' Pleased to Meet Me, Modest Mouse's The Moon & Antarctica, U2's The Joshua Tree, and Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain are just some that I prefer vastly.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins is awesome too.

I've never been much of a Nirvana fan. Probably never really will be given the feud Axl and Kurt had. Axl being my hero and all. But I may give them a chance to see if the can grab my attention and respect.

Any song suggestions by them to ease my way into their music? I'm not much of a grunge fan but I'm willing to give anything a try I guess.

This is why you guys who blindly defend Axl Rose are such a fucking joke. Axl Rose had a personal feud with someone and you proceed to boycott their music, something made even more stupid when you consider Cobain killed himself 15 years ago.

In the last 30 years there have been many albums better than Nevermind. Back in Black, 1984, Number of the Beast, a few Metallica albums, Appetite for Destruction, Hysteria. Nevermind was one of the top 5 albums of the 90s but it cant compete with the great albums of the 80s.

It's a good collection of songs in under an hour, and when it's something you listened to as a kid because you listened to it so much, grew up listening to it, and most importantly, identified with it, you're going to be biased about it.

HB3- why would you care about an incident that happened almost 20 years ago, when no one who was there that's alive even cares anymore. But if there had been a fight that broke out, it would've been Courtney and Axl going at it... she's prob. as tall as Axl is.

This is why you guys who blindly defend Axl Rose are such a fucking joke. Axl Rose had a personal feud with someone and you proceed to boycott their music, something made even more stupid when you consider Cobain killed himself 15 years ago.

In the last 30 years there have been many albums better than Nevermind. Back in Black, 1984, Number of the Beast, a few Metallica albums, Appetite for Destruction, Hysteria. Nevermind was one of the top 5 albums of the 90s but it cant compete with the great albums of the 80s.

I'll debate Pyromania being better than Hysteria... that's their "overcoming tragedy and coming out on top" album that had a ton of hits. But it took about as long as AFD did to make waves. To me, Pyromania sounds a little less dated than Hysteria.

Van Halen - 1984 is great but listen to Fair Warning and Women and Children First more. I'd even go with 5150 and FUCK being VH classics, even though I'm not a big Hagar fan.

What kind of bugs me about the Cobain fans, is that whatever Kurt said sucked at the time, they feel has to suck just because he said so. It would be like buying a rock band t-shirt because you liked how cool it looked, not because you liked the music.