The Official Britney Jean Spears Thread!

Encore

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

lol that was a rumor confirmed false by britney's camp

and plus why the hell would you complain about britney being on your bed? :confused:

Rumor? The guy was on the news..

and plus why the hell would you complain about britney being on your bed? :confused:

yes, i know

only to get attention and seek some money

you honestly believe that britney sexually harassed this guy? under a conservatorship? lol

Guest Len B'stard

yes, i know

you honestly believe that britney sexually harassed this guy? under a conservatorship? lol

I dunno to be honest, weirder shits happened and she's been a few McNuggets short of a Happy Meal for a while now. Sounds dubious though, i agree. Didn't the guy file a lawsuit or something, im really not sure..

yes, i know

I dunno to be honest, weirder shits happened and she's been a few McNuggets short of a Happy Meal for a while now. Sounds dubious though, i agree. Didn't the guy file a lawsuit or something, im really not sure..

he tried getting her into court, but didn't even get that far

And also, the fact that people like yourself think you can ridicule others into being like you with that "nobody cares about you guys anyway" crap is just so 4th grade, honestly, it's really funny, thats the second time i've heard that in this thread and both from people ostensibly sticking up for Britney (even though she's not being expressly attacked here) and its symptomatic of this mentality like ahhhh, fuck it maannn, why carreee, lets all drink Pepsi and twiddle our eyephones and go to starbucks with laptops and facebook and pretend we're all really cool cuz hey, the bandwagons in town, if we don't jump on we're gonna get left behind.

And you're the type of person who doesn't care about what people who consider music as art think? :rofl-lol: That's funny because everyone i know of that thinks of music as an art form worthy of preserving'd be reaching for the razors if they woke up one morning and found they were you so the door swings both ways ;)

I don't TRY to make music an art form, it IS an art form and, put simply, there are some people that care about a little more about an adolescent wank and a pocketful of cash, not many but they're out there and they have and will make a difference, for every fuckin Britney Spears there's a Black Flag, for every Justin Timberlake there's a John Coltrane, for every fuckin whoever there's a Charlie Parker, a Muddy Waters, a Jimi Hendrix showing us that there's some serious bedding underneath the fluff. To me, it's those people that make life worth living. For every mealey mouthed spineless mindless cocksucker that just rolls over and gets told how to dress, what to say, what to sing, what to believe there's a bunch of motherfuckers out there that lay it down and be themselves because, well, thats all they can be. and what price on that? Gimme a value on a human beings identity...as a matter of interest, what about you, how much would it take for you to sell yourself up the river for a buck? And that's a serious question too, i'd like to know. I mean thats success right, money? Name your price.

People care, this is my contention, people care because every so often someone comes along...

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

And suddenly there's a whole bunch of people there, in your face, people that get it, people that care that you never noticed cuz, well, you didn't care.

Ok, that was a joke. I wasn't making a serious point. I didn't read your response.

What I'm saying is just, it doesn't matter. It's just music. Who cares who's good and who isn't, who's big and who isn't. It's like caring about chewing gum brands and flavours. Ok, maybe it's a bigger deal to others, in which case, carry on, sorry for interrupting.

Guest Len B'stard
Ok, that was a joke. I wasn't making a serious point. I didn't read your response.

What I'm saying is just, it doesn't matter. It's just music. Who cares who's good and who isn't, who's big and who isn't. It's like caring about chewing gum brands and flavours. Ok, maybe it's a bigger deal to others, in which case, carry on, sorry for interrupting.

In a strictly utilitarian sense, nothing on this earth matters, possibly even human beings, thats the point, peoples values are dictated to by whats dear to them, whether thats money, kinfolk, music, their stamp collection, their dick, whatever. It's not a HUGE deal really i.e. it's not life and death, i know what you mean but at the same time this is a music forum and we're talking about music and this one kind of music that, when i stop and think about it, i think is fucking dreadful, not only musically but in terms of where it's coming from too and i was just explaining why that is, it's not like i sit around giving a shit about lame music but i know it when i hear it, you gotta know what you don't like to, by extension, know what you like too, y'know?

But yeah, come to think of it music is hugely important to me, immensely. There are importanter things but not that many, not in my life anyway.

And also, it's not like this is like, an offhand kinda oh yeah we like this, we did this and it's like, just a passing, oh it's music thing, it's like we're talking about her within a historical and cultural context and if, by your own admission, this person has a cultural impact than surely that elevates their importance somewhat? I mean we're talking about a person or a set of people, musicians, popular artists, whatever, that effect the thinking of our populus and, for the people that grow up with it, to a degree, their understanding of the world around them.

Sorry, i've gone on again, haven't i? :lol: Hushing!

you honestly believe women dont pursue men like mantracker?

sexual harassment goes both ways, only most men wont report it because they know we (other guys) will lololol.

one of the greatest lies ever told : men are sexual predators and women are innocent.

CAMON, how many guys here have had some chick you wanted nothing to do with, latch on to you like the flood is comin and youre a flotation device? its not just unattractive, desperate girls. from ugly to gorgeous, bitches be crazy.

ive had a few hot girls comie after me where i had no interest, usually a personality issue (it doesnt matter how hot she is, if the personality isnt there, its a dealbreaker), it ranges from a minor to a major annoyance, but its still like "whatever", you do your best to deal and try to ignore them. but, if she was a multi-millionaire, i would sue the dick off her.

cant blame that guy.

also, i would like to clarify my post from the last page, upon youtube review, it wasn't the lucky video i taped, it was from the bottom of my broken heart.

Edited by Jackie Moon

you honestly believe women dont pursue men like mantracker?

sexual harassment goes both ways, only most men wont report it because they know we (other guys) will lololol.

one of the greatest lies ever told : men are sexual predators and women are innocent.

CAMON, how many guys here have had some chick you wanted nothing to do with, latch on to you like the flood is comin and youre a flotation device? its not just unattractive, desperate girls. from ugly to gorgeous, bitches be crazy.

ive had a few hot girls comie after me where i had no interest, usually a personality issue (it doesnt matter how hot she is, if the personality isnt there, its a dealbreaker), it ranges from a minor to a major annoyance, but its still like "whatever", you do your best to deal and try to ignore them. but, if she was a multi-millionaire, i would sue the dick off her.

cant blame that guy.

also, i would like to clarify my post from the last page, upon youtube review, it wasn't the lucky video i taped, it was from the bottom of my broken heart.

no, no you are right not all women are innocent,

i'm saying is that she's under a conservatorship, meaning that people are always with her. britney's team moved the case to probate court because it'd allow him to release private information about Britney in an attempt to extort a settlement from her. the hearing is for the end of november.

but then again, who knows. britney is a sexual person. she also has a lot of money.

oh, and i love the from the bottom of my broken heart video, so vintage britney

that just makes me think she is more likely to do it.

risky, bad ideas usually win out when sex is involved. why do you think people fuck at baseball stadiums? its got nothing to do with baseball.

like brett farve sending pics of his dick to that chick.

terrible idea right? right. that didnt stop him.

Edited by Jackie Moon

And also, it's not like this is like, an offhand kinda oh yeah we like this, we did this and it's like, just a passing, oh it's music thing, it's like we're talking about her within a historical and cultural context and if, by your own admission, this person has a cultural impact than surely that elevates their importance somewhat?

Yeah, thing is, I do not see music having a large enough impact, or ever having had one, to consider it a matter of life and death. (it looks like you do, because you write a lot)

I mean, despite what John Lennon fans for example say, you do not change the world as an artist. You change youth culture, but that's kinda it. With every generation, youth culture evolves into something. Better or worse than before? depends on each person's view, and doesn't matter anyway. But the same young people do not have the power to truly influence the way the world turns. They only do after they grow up, and it seems to me like every recent generation (since the 50s, since that's when youth culture was basically born) just forgets about whatever crazy thing they were into, after like 30, put on a suit and get a job and don't act that much differently from them before.

As for Encore, do you honestly think that she would be changing the world right now if the big bad greedy corporations weren't force feeding her a manufactured pop culture product? People who stand up for righteousness, stand up for justice, stand up for truth will leave their mark (big or small, whatever) in spite of any fad of the year shit going on. And people who are born to be led will let themselves be led anyway, and welcome it, cuz it takes any and all responsibility off their shoulders, and seriously, would you really want it there? (on them?)

But I'm sorry I'm not all punk rock, giving it to The Man (maybe I'd like to be The Man?)

And why do you call people cochise anyway?

Guest Len B'stard
I mean, despite what John Lennon fans for example say, you do not change the world as an artist. You change youth culture, but that's kinda it. With every generation, youth culture evolves into something. Better or worse than before? depends on each person's view, and doesn't matter anyway. But the same young people do not have the power to truly influence the way the world turns. They only do after they grow up, and it seems to me like every recent generation (since the 50s, since that's when youth culture was basically born) just forgets about whatever crazy thing they were into, after like 30, put on a suit and get a job and don't act that much differently from them before.

Youth culture is part of the world though, surely? And a huge one at that, youth culture isn't bound by nationality, it's no small thing y'know and if youth chose to control it instead of be controlled by it, damn right you can change the world, i mean what else changes the world, people man. The values you learn as a youth are part of who you are and what you are and where you're going. Honestly, youth culture hasn't changed the world, it hasn't changed peoples attitudes on subjects like politics, like fashion, sexuality, Jesus, youth culture changed the world immensely. Elvis Presley, John Lennon, these people changed the world we live in undeniably. Sure a lot of people pack up their tents after 30 but a great many do not and a great many change a great many attitudes. I can name bands offhand that changed the world and show you how too.

But just as an offhand example, do you not think that rock n roll did WONDERS or at least played a part in the changing of attitudes regarding race in the western world and America specifically? You get all these kids that maybe would've been racist that found themselves listening to Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley and Little Richard, rock n roll has changed SOOO much in this world, it would be a very very VERY different place without it and it all starts with people and it don't have to be a whole bunch either.

As for Encore, do you honestly think that she would be changing the world right now if the big bad greedy corporations weren't force feeding her a manufactured pop culture product?

Maybe. And hey, i ain't got nothing against Encore, she still could...even whilst being a Britney fan :lol:

People who stand up for righteousness, stand up for justice, stand up for truth will leave their mark (big or small, whatever) in spite of any fad of the year shit going on.

Right but don't you think certain factors are contributors when it comes to making the choice between apathy and empathy and which side of the fence you sit on? I mean, people aren't robots, there are no hard and fast rules to this shit and i do get what you're saying but i just think you're being really really REALLY cynical.

The reason music is where it is in our culture is because of the power it holds...music can move you (literally and figuratively) it can dictate your moods, it can incite, it can depress, it can anger, it can evoke indignance, music can do anything and that ability of it is SOOO important and it'd be such a waste for it to just turn into this...cheap...thing. Not that cool fun frilly no deep shit music all sucks or even sucks by and large its just...there's gotta be some fuckin range to this shit, this corporate led bullshit where certain ideas and images are projected upon the masses and hey presto! in a weeks time there's an army of people all looking like some suits idea of what youth or even people in general should look like and it's frightening.

But hey, i guess if there's an audience they deserve to get what they want. The page turns eventually, it's just the right bright eyed bunch ain't come around yet.

And Cochise jus means like...dude, buddy, fella...Cochise was an Indian chief, y'know how sometimes people use the word chief to denote dude, buddy, fella etc? Well some people use Cochise :)

• 1 month later...

Britney announced via twitter that her new album is due out in March

On Britney Spears' 29th birthday Thursday, she decided it should be her fans who receive a gift: long-awaited news about her next album.

"I'm almost done with my new album and it will be coming out this March," she tweeted. "I AM IN L-O-V-E WITH IT!"

The singer's manager, Adam Leber, tweeted a tease shortly before, writing "The announcement you've all been waiting for is coming today. Tell a friend…"

About an hour later, the pop star took the reins of the account back and wrote, "Just wanted to thank all of you for the amazing birthday wishes you guys have been sending all day."

"My fans mean the world to me & waking up to all of your wishes really made me smile, so here's something that I hope will make you smile...," Spears explained before revealing the album news.

Last month, the "Toxic" songstress said she "just finished recording a monster" with producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin.

"Get ready…," she told her followers.

They probably already are. Spears' last album, "Circus," was released in 2008.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/12/03/2010-12-03_britney_spears_announces_new_album_for_march_says_shes_in_love_with_it.html#ixzz175mtMYaA

there ya go Encore must be ecstatic!!

Some great points on here. Changing the world......it really is an age and cultural thing. We get engulfed in whatever music we enjoy, and therefor give it more sociatal (word?) Importance than it really has. We think our favorite singer or band changed the world......but generally people who don't like that artist, your favorite band has no relevance to them at all.

And the age thing is true. At 18 years old I would have killed a man to get a new Guns n Roses album. Today, a new GnR album would be about the 27th thing on my wish list.

And GunsGuy, i never knew that u were such a britney fan. That's pretty fierce of you.

And also, it's not like this is like, an offhand kinda oh yeah we like this, we did this and it's like, just a passing, oh it's music thing, it's like we're talking about her within a historical and cultural context and if, by your own admission, this person has a cultural impact than surely that elevates their importance somewhat?

Yeah, thing is, I do not see music having a large enough impact, or ever having had one, to consider it a matter of life and death. (it looks like you do, because you write a lot)

As for Encore, do you honestly think that she would be changing the world right now if the big bad greedy corporations weren't force feeding her a manufactured pop culture product? People who stand up for righteousness, stand up for justice, stand up for truth will leave their mark (big or small, whatever) in spite of any fad of the year shit going on. And people who are born to be led will let themselves be led anyway, and welcome it, cuz it takes any and all responsibility off their shoulders, and seriously, would you really want it there? (on them?)

But I'm sorry I'm not all punk rock, giving it to The Man (maybe I'd like to be The Man?)

And why do you call people cochise anyway?

You'd be surprised how important music can be to people, or when entertainers mix with world leaders. Don't be so quick to write it off as a disposable commodity.

And don't underestimate the power of the media. People stop what they're doing to watch a sporting event, which is entertainment. Even in the middle of a war, if Super Bowl's on, it's almost like everything's put on hold for a few hours.

John Lennon showed up at a concert in Michigan singing about freeing John Sinclair. And they freed him...hours later. There was no other reason except Lennon showing up and singing a song as to why that happened. Or Bob Dylan at the "Hurricane" Carter rally. But Lennon stopped doing political music when Nixon won, banged some chick close enough for Yoko to hear, and then went off on his lost weekend. (just saw LennoNYC).

How important was Pete Seeger singing "We Shall Overcome"? Or when Bob Dylan playing MLK's "I have a dream", then being crowned "voice of a generation?"

I don't think we live in a day and age where people put on a suit and become respectable overnight. I think people try to prolong growing up as long as possible. A long time ago, as soon as you were out of school and had a trade, you had a mortgage, a wife and a kid by the time you were 21.

• 4 weeks later...