Do you ever wonder what Axl would sound like on Zeppelin material?

ITW 2012

Do you ever wonder what Axl would sound like on Zeppelin material? Leaving the music the same, but deleting Robert Plant's voice and replacing it with Axl's. I really want to hear him sing Babe I'm Goona Leave You, Ramble On, D'Yer Mak'er and Over The Hills and Far Away.

Edited by ITW 2012

I really want to hear him sing Babe I'm Goona Leave You

That's one of my favorite songs of all time and I don't think I'd want to hear him sing it. As awesome as his voice is, it doesn't suit that song and I think he'd just butcher it.

JMO

EDIT: Rock and Roll would probably be really good.

Edited by bacardimayne

I really want to hear him sing Babe I'm Goona Leave You

That's one of my favorite songs of all time and I don't think I'd want to hear him sing it. As awesome as his voice is, it doesn't suit that song and I think he'd just butcher it.

JMO

EDIT: Rock and Roll would probably be really good.

He'd just add a little bit more venom to it. Sometimes I wish that Axl had called up Jimmy Page and offered his services. Those two need to collaborate on something.

Edited by ITW 2012

Im still waiting to hear the re-re recorded version of KOHD. He talked about it in the Eddie Trunk interview back in '06, I think that would be fucking awesome and would feature quiet heavily on the radio.

Im still waiting to hear the re-re recorded version of KOHD. He talked about it in the Eddie Trunk interview back in '06, I think that would be fucking awesome and would feature quiet heavily on the radio.

keep waiting brah

zeppelin = most overrated ever

you don't think people would roll their eyes at them releasing a single they've already released, regardless of it being a new version? especially with 15+ years of new material potentially in the can?

About Axl doing Zep:

sure, why not? he can't do worse than some of the people that have tried...

Edited by moreblack

Page is BTW kinda similar to Axl. He hasn't released an album in over a decade, but mentions upcoming material in every (rare) interview he does. He was supposed to go on road this year but hasn't done anything yet. I'm expecting his Chinese Democracy, but not holding my breath :rofl-lol:

It would be rocking, but plant did a really awesome job on the Zeppelin songs. I would much rather the Chinese Democracy era songs(Buckethead era) came out OR Axl doing vocals on a techno/dance track, that would be absolutely mind blowing.

Hey this is where I say Nobodys Fault but Mine for the first time.

What about Zepp covering TWAT?

I've always thought that song had a real 'Since I Been Loving You' feel to it. Would kill to hear Guns have a go at that one, I reckon it would come off really well, get Bumble on the fretless for everything bar the solo unless he was feeling brave and have Frank's drums turned up a little.

Would love to hear what Page could have done with the TWAT solo actually. Plant screaming out the last part, from 5:45 onwards would be orgasmic.

Page is BTW kinda similar to Axl. He hasn't released an album in over a decade, but mentions upcoming material in every (rare) interview he does. He was supposed to go on road this year but hasn't done anything yet. I'm expecting his Chinese Democracy, but not holding my breath :rofl-lol:

BILLBOARD 200 TOP 5

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/charts/billboard-200

Other one is Houses of the holy, vocal suits Axl, good tube. Maybe even Custard Pie. Drums, Axls vocals remind me of zepp on CD.

Zepp on TWAT it's killing me it will never happen.

Reading Richard Coles book Page is like Axl in studio, really working hard to do something great.

Musicians usually don't stop creating new music unless they're that burned out on music, it doesn't mean it's going to be anything we'll hear, but I don't know if he's the type to be itching to tour. He's prob. seeing Jones working with Grohl and Homme, Plant with his group, and prob. thinking about going along those lines.. I actually wouldn't mind if he reteamed with Paul Rodgers and did a new Firm CD, or just call it something else. He can't get a guy who sounds like Plant, because he got bashed for Coverdale,but people would be going to expect a Zep song or two. My answer would've been working on something with Ann and Nancy Wilson on new music because at least they can also do the Zep songs some justice. To me that would be like the Black Crowes tour, which went well. I don't think he cares if "Barracuda" was appropriated from him, any more than what he appropriated from others.

BILLBOARD 200 TOP 5

Yes, it's awesome Robert Plant is on spot #5.

BILLBOARD 200 TOP 5

Yes, it's awesome Robert Plant is on spot #5.

Agreed.

Do you ever wonder what Axl would sound like on Zeppelin material? Leaving the music the same, but deleting Robert Plant's voice and replacing it with Axl's. I really want to hear him sing Babe I'm Goona Leave You, Ramble On, D'Yer Mak'er and Over The Hills and Far Away.

no