What does Axl Rose want to achieve?

inthisriver

I'm just curious because I don't think it's clear to the average fan. What are his hopes and dreams for the future, what are his most immediate goals? I know this is asking a lot... but I'm curious. I would hope he planned on releasing more albums and to continue well into old age. But does he even want to do that, is he ready to retire? I'm just wondering.

Let's keep this discussion friendly if we can

It's an interesting question.

My guess is that if the industry was like it was back in his prime, he's probably prefer to release albums and tour seldomly.

However, the money is in the touring and I think that will finance the next album/project he has going on.

So I think he'll do this tour - and kick the arse out of it (i.e. tour for AGES) and then disapear for another 3/4 years and potentially work on the next album.

I would hope with the new band rather than endlessly rework old stuff. Obviously if it's good old stuff then keep it, but cut the shit and work on new stuff.

Hopefully we'll get the album in 2012/2013 and he surfaces again around then for another tour or 2.

I think this is sort of reasonable and the best we can hope for.

Regardless of what axl wants to acheive he doesn't have the personality to succeed with the media.

He won't do interviews, he won't do TV, he won't do radio. Not to the extent where it makes a difference.

I know there's record label differences and endless management problems (again I think this might be Axl a bit) but every other band copes!

So I think the pattern that we have is all we can hope for.

For me I want new music. He could stop touring tomorrow and just release albums for me. But that's probably not financially viable considering how much time and how many musicians Axl uses.

LP

All the evidence indicates that if Axl is working on a new album it will only happen very slowly.

There is no sign that another album is coming despite the fact he has completed songs in the vault.

I think he'll do this tour and walk away from the whole thing again for another four or five years. If there's going to be another album

it will have to be leaked.

Watching this tour, seems he still has a strong passion performing live. I think he will tour as long as he can. As far as music, I think he wants to get his stuff out there, but do it his own way, so who knows. I would like to see this line-up light a fire under his ass and make him want to hit the studio.

What is the meaning of life?

it's your Dhama silly! Simply put, the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose. Robin Sharma (author) explains all of this quite well.

So the question maybe more about what is his purpose, the thing that drives him.

Most of us could write down the basic easy purposes (to support, protect my family, to be honest, have integrity etc), but to the elite super acheivers thier purpose is more global.

I'm sure that Axl knows what this is. Often what separates us "regular folk" from the genius' of society is that they have actually taken the time to sit down and contemplate these questions.

The answer to to these questions are often too scary for most of us to consider....and some of us are just too lazy to sit our ass in a chair for a few days and figure it out.

I hope his goal is that after the tour and a little down time THIS band hits the studio and and do THERE own songs and leave the past where it is "in the past".

Sure I would love to hear what was left over from the CD sessions and for that matter the AFD/UYI era but in all fairness if he wants to have the causual fans to except this band then it needs a new and refreshing start in the studio.

As far as media goes I think he could give a rats ass what the think because you know as well as I do they will twist anything he says and blow it up in to something that it is not. Whether that is a smart move or not, I don't know. I look at like this the media has given nothing but a shit storm of bad press since the orgianal band split up and really before then. It's like ask you own self would you want to deal with people that try and fuck you every chance they get? My answer is not only no but hell no!! I don't see any good it would do for him to give interviews because they would be picked apart for just a word or two taken out of context.

One thing I wish he would do is do a tell all book or interview with del. I would love to hear his side of things and what went down. Although that would still be a catch 22. He's damned if he does and damned if he don't. I am just stating what I would like. I truely believe CD was put out with a selected songs that tells his side of the story through his music or at least that is how I take it when I listen to it. And prostitute was IMHO was writen for the fans just listen to lyrics it basicaly says why keeping the band name and not selling out just to make a but load of money which he is leaving behind without a reunion. Which says alot about the person he is, he does things on his terms and isn't going to bend just make extra 40 mil or most likely more to do something with people that he will not enjoy. How many of us would turn down that kind of money to do something we don't like just for lets say 3-5 years? I would bet not too many.

I hope his goal is that after the tour and a little down time THIS band hits the studio and and do THERE own songs and leave the past where it is "in the past".

Sure I would love to hear what was left over from the CD sessions and for that matter the AFD/UYI era but in all fairness if he wants to have the causual fans to except this band then it needs a new and refreshing start in the studio.

As far as media goes I think he could give a rats ass what the think because you know as well as I do they will twist anything he says and blow it up in to something that it is not. Whether that is a smart move or not, I don't know. I look at like this the media has given nothing but a shit storm of bad press since the orgianal band split up and really before then. It's like ask you own self would you want to deal with people that try and fuck you every chance they get? My answer is not only no but hell no!! I don't see any good it would do for him to give interviews because they would be picked apart for just a word or two taken out of context.

One thing I wish he would do is do a tell all book or interview with del. I would love to hear his side of things and what went down. Although that would still be a catch 22. He's damned if he does and damned if he don't. I am just stating what I would like. I truely believe CD was put out with a selected songs that tells his side of the story through his music or at least that is how I take it when I listen to it. And prostitute was IMHO was writen for the fans just listen to lyrics it basicaly says why keeping the band name and not selling out just to make a but load of money which he is leaving behind without a reunion. Which says alot about the person he is, he does things on his terms and isn't going to bend just make extra 40 mil or most likely more to do something with people that he will not enjoy. How many of us would turn down that kind of money to do something we don't like just for lets say 3-5 years? I would bet not too many.

Agreed with everything until the last. With the money Axl has that 40 mil isn't like forty mil to you or I. For my family that is generational money. I'd have to seriously consider it. Axl has the luxury of not accepting it. Guy already rides around in a private jet. What else is there. That said he probably wouldn't do it for more money.

I think that he is genuinly enjoying touring. I think that he wanna take Guns to the absolute rock top again, release another kick ass album, tour that one until he gets too old to run around and scream loud at the same time and then become a worl class piano player and writer until he becomes 100 years old.

Short term? To tour these songs.

This is the first "real" tour for CD, with the album out. 2002/2006, even with the songs existing, they couldn't play them live for fear of leaks, some maybe not being 100% done, not being sure which tracks would make the final cut, etc.

So really, I think it would be just to play these tunes live. For all the setlist complaints GN'R play more new songs per night than most bands I've seen. That includes Maiden on the Final Frontier tour, STP on their current tour, Pearl Jam for their last album, Rob Zombie this year with Hellbilly Deluxe 2 out... I saw all of them live and GN'R played way more new songs than any of them - by 3 or 4 in most cases.

Beyond that... who knows. We'd all love a new album and I'm sure Axl will still want to create music, whether he wants the legal/business side of things to continue, who knows.

I don't know but I sure hope he gives this lineup a chance in the studio...

Not a 14 years chance though ! This needs to be a straight-forward-not-giving-a-fuck album.

That's what I'd like to see and that's what most of us would like, but is that what HE wants?