Arnhem, The Netherlands

saulhudson88

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than bitching that the guitarists arent Slash. How about you put he guitarists on their own merit?

When they do something outstanding under the GNR banner, I'm sure it will be talked about. Right now some of those guys are touring behind an album they never even played on...

It was the second time we saw them, and I think that's it for now (for me). I agree with all the negative reviews. You can say that the reviews are "brutal" and "not true", but face it, it's how it is. Only a handfull of people are still thinking that Axl is God and that he can whatever the fuck he want. And maybe he can, but the charme, the roughness and everything I think/feel is GnR didn't fit with what i saw yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I somehow liked it yesterday. But when that guitarplayer started "sweet child o' mine" people around were saying: That just doesn't fit, he shouldn't be allowed to play that intro. Sounds stupid, but I agree.

Too bad I'm one of those fans who just can't erase everything about the old days and listen with a "fresh" start to the new GnR...

But his voice was good :shades:

Does it fit when Brian Johnson sings Let there be rock? Does it fit when Robert Trujillo starts to play the bass line in For whom the bell tolls?

Yes, but those songs are a bit different than for example SCOM and PC: two of the best songs that has ever been written. Almost everybody knows those songs and knows how these world famous guitarriffs sounds and that's not the case with the vocals our bass notes of those AC/DC songs.

Does it fit when you Kirk Hammet plays Thunderstruck? On cd maybe yes, live absolutely not.

*facepalm*

For whom the bell tolls is a Metallica song and the bass notes we're written by Cliff Burton.

BUT:

- Show some goddamn respect to the fans and don't start 105 minutes to late (22:15 instead of 20:30). Cause some people have to work or go to school the next day, and when the concert is over at 0:50 and the last train has already leaved at 23:45 you're simply screwed.

- And get rid of that fucking solo's, we know that they are technically amazing players, but when the simply can't play with as much as feeling as Slash can (and the can't), than don't do it; they have no value.

Are you serious? I can't see how people still tend to talk about this, everyone knows they go on late. First time I saw them they went on 23:20, and finished about 02:00 at night, no trains/busses etc. But you always get home somehow. They just are like that, I'm glad if they play a great show, even if it's late :thumbsup:

BUT:

- Show some goddamn respect to the fans and don't start 105 minutes to late (22:15 instead of 20:30). Cause some people have to work or go to school the next day, and when the concert is over at 0:50 and the last train has already leaved at 23:45 you're simply screwed.

- And get rid of that fucking solo's, we know that they are technically amazing players, but when the simply can't play with as much as feeling as Slash can (and the can't), than don't do it; they have no value.

Are you serious? I can't see how people still tend to talk about this, everyone knows they go on late. First time I saw them they went on 23:20, and finished about 02:00 at night, no trains/busses etc. But you always get home somehow. They just are like that, I'm glad if they play a great show, even if it's late :thumbsup:

Like I said, you are one of the handfull of people who are willing to accept Axl his bullshit. For me it's bullshit. If you act like this you just don't have any respect for the fans. And there were 12.000 fans in Arnhem sunday. And 90% of them just wanted to hear the classic songs and were hoping to feel a little of the atmosphere of the 80's and 90's. Be there on time.

It's Axl and his tribute band.

It was the second time we saw them, and I think that's it for now (for me). I agree with all the negative reviews. You can say that the reviews are "brutal" and "not true", but face it, it's how it is. Only a handfull of people are still thinking that Axl is God and that he can whatever the fuck he want. And maybe he can, but the charme, the roughness and everything I think/feel is GnR didn't fit with what i saw yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I somehow liked it yesterday. But when that guitarplayer started "sweet child o' mine" people around were saying: That just doesn't fit, he shouldn't be allowed to play that intro. Sounds stupid, but I agree.

Too bad I'm one of those fans who just can't erase everything about the old days and listen with a "fresh" start to the new GnR...

Does it fit when Brian Johnson sings Let there be rock? Does it fit when Robert Trujillo starts to play the bass line in For whom the bell tolls?

Yes, but those songs are a bit different than for example SCOM and PC: two of the best songs that has ever been written. Almost everybody knows those songs and knows how these world famous guitarriffs sounds and that's not the case with the vocals our bass notes of those AC/DC songs.

Does it fit when you Kirk Hammet plays Thunderstruck? On cd maybe yes, live absolutely not.

*facepalm*

For whom the bell tolls is a Metallica song and the bass notes we're written by Cliff Burton.

I'm really 'sorry''; When I saw Let there be rock I thought that the second song was also from AC/DC, but I mistaked it with Hells Bells.

But on the other hand, you know that my argument is true.

BUT:

Like I said, you are one of the handfull of people who are willing to accept Axl his bullshit. For me it's bullshit. If you act like this you just don't have any respect for the fans. And there were 12.000 fans in Arnhem sunday. And 90% of them just wanted to hear the classic songs and were hoping to feel a little of the atmosphere of the 80's and 90's. Be there on time.

It's Axl and his tribute band.

'

Exactly, it ain't rock & roll anymore. Nowaday, every band plays on the scheduled time (or maybe a maximum of 30 minutes overtime). Axl should appreciate the fact that people are still attending these Axl Rose shows.

Exactly, it ain't rock & roll anymore. Nowaday, every band plays on the scheduled time (or maybe a maximum of 30 minutes overtime). Axl should appreciate the fact that people are still attending these Axl Rose shows.

Please define rock n' roll. Is it like a religion? How do you measure what's rn'fn'r? :tongue2:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

Edited by Jyrgen

Please define rock n' roll. Is it like a religion? How do you measure what's rn'fn'r? :tongue2:

GnR were the meanest band in the world. Everything about them was rock & roll. How they began in LA, the way they recorded AFD, their tours, st. Louis, how they didn't give a shit about anything. For me, they defined Rock & Roll. I compare every band with that. And so I compare the new GnR with the old GnR, and I have to agree with SaulHudson88. This is not R&R anymore. It's a tribute.

But somehow it's kinda cool to see them live. rock4

Edited by thefriendlyfiend

Rather than bitching that the guitarists arent Slash. How about you put he guitarists on their own merit?

When they do something outstanding under the GNR banner, I'm sure it will be talked about. Right now some of those guys are touring behind an album they never even played on...

This is a new trend. Slash is doing the same. For example, he released an album played with different singers, but for the tour he hired another singer for singing the songs.

GnR were the meanest band in the world. Everything about them was rock & roll. How they began in LA, the way they recorded AFD, their tours, st. Louis, how they didn't give a shit about anything. For me, they defined Rock & Roll. I compare every band with that. And so I compare the new GnR with the old GnR, and I have to agree with SaulHudson88. This is not R&R anymore. It's a tribute.

But somehow it's kinda cool to see them live. rock4

Well if rock & roll is not giving a shit and not a genre of music, then isn't the current band even more rock & roll? There are a million things they don't give a shit about, including stuff like stage times and promotion :D

(For the record I was half kidding with that previous post. I certainly see the point of view of you guys. It's not like I'm not a fan of the old band too)

*facepalm*

I'm really 'sorry''; When I saw Let there be rock I thought that the second song was also from AC/DC, but I mistaked it with Hells Bells.

But on the other hand, you know that my argument is true.

The only thing that is true is you beeing a whining bitch. We all are well known with the fact that G N' R shows doesn't start on time and we all know that Slash has left the band 13 years ago. If you can't agree with this than why did you go to see the show in the 1st place? I'm a fan since 1988 and deep inside i'm also pro reunion but at this moment i just except it that this is it how Axl wants it. Move on and get over it and if you can't do this than you have to make a decission if you wanna leave G N' R beside or not. We have this discussions for many years now and as long people don't stop complaining about it we always would have these kind of conversations.

Another official review, from a very respectable newspaper. (literally translated by google, so don't blame the translation)

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/23/MUZIEK/article/detail/1029737/2010/10/05/Guns-N-Roses-geeft-potsierlijke-show.dhtml

Guns N 'Roses shows clownish show

Review

When Guns N 'Roses in 1992 in the Rotterdam Kuip fans had to wait a half hour, the crowd started the massive rise of singer Axl Rose "He's a bestiallity! singing. Those were the days. And not only that song. Sunday in the Gelredome appeared rock up over two hours later than announced. The audience responded with warm applause. The gig was not a shadow of that eighteen years ago.

Mid-nineties, Axl Rose is still only the original lineup on. He is also the owner of the group, there is no doubt. You can even place the brains of Guns N 'Roses name. But a brain that is not restrained, may be nice to rotate. Guitarist Slash succeeded in those peak years in order to channel the ideas of Rose to enjoy but also toughened rock and roll.

In late 2008, seventeen years after the double album Use Your Illusion I and II, appeared finally a new album by the group, Chinese Democracy, Rose played by tracking plus numerous mercenaries. The record shows megalomaniac painfully what happens when Axel ideas flow through certain nobody is kneaded. Idea accumulates idea a amorphous sound mass where no proper song of ancient Guns N 'Roses Level more out retrieve.

On stage suggested that much more emphatically. In Arnhem, without Slash and no less than seven instrumental behind paladins who are tattooed and dressed like rockers operetta, the group is a circus without rock and roll has become. Once balanced the group on the remarkable boundary between hazard and kitsch. A beautiful contrast. Without serious game against Axl Rose kukelt mercilessly in kitschbad. And musicians are willing to bathe him.

Singing he never pure on stage. But the band managed to better times in his pig-squealing really urgent to stand. Now it beeps in the ballad This I love the new album so ferocious that you just feel vicarious shame.

If he just before noon with the funny blonde Hulk Hogan mustache and big cowboy hat and bandana on his head to the big concert grand scratching the funeral November rain betting favorite, is ludicrous a much, much too weak a phrase. That he sees himself probably different. (PETER BRUYN)

Edited by saulhudson88

If he just before noon with the funny blonde Hulk Hogan mustache and big cowboy hat and bandana on his head to the big concert grand scratching the funeral November rain betting favorite, is ludicrous a much, much too weak a phrase. That he sees himself probably different. (PETER BRUYN)

Those reporter aren't very original. I think they copy because they all have exactly the same arguments. lol

But I agree on the Hulk Hogan mustache. I thought at a certain point he kinda looked like Yosemite Sam. B)

Edited by thefriendlyfiend

This is a new trend. Slash is doing the same. For example, he released an album played with different singers, but for the tour he hired another singer for singing the songs.

yeah, one who is on the album.

Some of those guys? No. One guy, DJ Ashba. Everyone else played on the album. Don't distort the facts to try and make a point.

Ali