Arnhem, The Netherlands

saulhudson88

Still high from the concert in Belgium thursday! You gotta be in the first row, thats the only way rock3

....At least for me, I'm very short :ph34r:

Have fun, they could be on any minutte now :wub:

We're you the girl with black/reddish hair wearing a white t-shirt? I remember seeing this girl standing at the first row.

No, she was actually shorter than me :rofl-lol: I was standing to the left side - it was me who said hello to you before the concert :lol:

Ok than. Thanx for clearing this up. :thumbsup:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The review in English:

Guns N' Roses, to much a one-men Show.

ARNHEM - Axl Rose has many qualities, punctuality is not one of. The frontman of the once legendary rock band Guns N 'Roses has a nice reputation to uphold when it comes to crossing the starting time arrives.

© Getty ImagesIn the Gelredome, the American ruddy Sunday it still quite civilized and get "only" one hour and fourtyfive minutes late on stage. What follows is almost two and a half hours Axl Rose Circus.

For most the people their is only one man this evening, and that is William Axl Rose. The man who more often than band members change of underwear and only remaining original member.

Yet another live-occupation of what still has to continue as Guns N 'Roses in terms of skills and above all look completely interchangeable terms. The exception is veteran Dizzy Reed, who during his time a nice solo piano piece manages to make David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.

Slash

The current lineup has three guitar soloists are required to be somewhat close to the earlier work of Slash to come. Rose himself, known for his vitriolic vocals and screaming out, if let the vocal area, after much trial and stabbing almost any number visible breath.

Sprinting from one side of the stage to another, he ventures no more. There will be beer belly bulging under his flannel shirt to blame. The once energetic, passionate and sincere singer is a caricature of themselves.

Chieftain

Rose is still there in Arnhem with ease away. Because the Gelredome this evening or at reduced size XS, it is quite full for the chief and his revolving door collective.

Besides getting the charismatic frontman with hits as Paradise City Sweet Child O'Mine, November Rain and Knockin 'On Heaven's Door as always the stands literally vibrate.

One-man show

Yet it is not by surprise, this is Axl Rose Circus too one-man show. Guns N 'Roses provides a very solid performance, but the faded glory of the past to brush is much more than a front man barred, behind a bunch of interchangeable cartoon characters.

Who has seen the earlier incarnations know which fireworks Axl and Slash together can provide. High time for Rose to make it up with his former colleagues and make a real comeback, not only the fans, but the whole world will vibrate.

I like how the guys only real mention of the show is that the band gave a "very solid performance." Yet he still gave them a bad review because he is hung up on something that ended about 15 years ago. That's one god awful **LIVE SHOW REVIEW**

First review (in Dutch) isn't a good one...

We got a kinda same review here in Belgium but we (i and some 40+ others) nailed that reporter down.

http://www.gva.be/blog/metal-maniac/extern-guns-n-roses-in-het-sportpaleis-het-verslag.aspx

Grote goedheid.... Ik vraag me bij dit soort mensen altijd af of ze uberhaupt bij het optreden zijn geweest, of dat ze hun review van tevoren al geschreven hadden. Mafkees.

Ps.

Jullie Belgen blijven grappig praten. :P "uwe zetel"

Ik weet het en ik begrijp de pers hier ook niet. Als je de reacties op het artikel leest dan weet je toch gewoon dat dit een fantastisch optreden was. Maar ja, zo gaat het hier al jaren als het over G N' R gaat maar telkens bewijzen ze toch dat de pers compleet fout zit. Over U2 bv. was de pers dan weer zeer positief. Begrijpelijk misschien omdat U2 een hoogtechnologische show geeft (ik stel me dan wel de vraag wat met de rockband U2?) en zij bijna elk moment klaar staan voor hun fans en de pers. Is het niet juist omwille van de pers dat Axl zich volledig afsluit van de buitenwereld?

Awesome setlist. Was supposed to be at this show, but couldn't because shit decided to happen.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good time. However, the thread starter needs to wind his neck in. Anyone from Mygnrforum knows Axl is going to be late, and to be honest, 2215, was early (for axl), I waited an extra hour in norway. I also prefer that axl goes on late, because it gives people who finish work at like 5pm/6pm enough time to get there shit sorted and head down to the show in good time. And its only the low life students or people who dont have respectable jobs who complain about Axl going on late because they have nothing better to do that afternoon than to sit outside the venue for hours on end, then when someone tips up to the venue at 7 pm also happens to get front row beside the fan who's waited there since 10 am. :rofl-lol:

Also, Axl shouldn't cut the solo's out because some people, like me, have gotten over slash being in GNR and like to see the ability of the Guitarists in the band. Slash was in GNR 20 years ago, get over yourself...

Edited by Axl_morris

Awesome setlist. Was supposed to be at this show, but couldn't because shit decided to happen.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good time. However, the thread starter needs to wind his neck in. Anyone from Mygnrforum knows Axl is going to be late, and to be honest, 2215, was early (for axl), I waited an extra hour in norway. I also prefer that axl goes on late, because it gives people who finish work at like 5pm/6pm enough time to get there shit sorted and head down to the show in good time. And its only the low life students or people who dont have respectable jobs who complain about Axl going on late because they have nothing better to do that afternoon than to sit outside the venue for hours on end, then when someone tips up to the venue at 7 pm also happens to get front row beside the fan who's waited there since 10 am. :rofl-lol:

Also, Axl shouldn't cut the solo's out because some people, like me, have gotten over slash being in GNR and like to see the ability of the Guitarists in the band. Slash was in GNR 20 years ago, get over yourself...

This ain't the 90's were GN'R were the biggest band in the world. Axl should be happy with the fact that people are still attending these shows and show some respect; you simply can't make an excuse for being almost 2hours over time. If it was an half an hour it wouldn't be a big deal, but it was two fucking hours.

I was home at 03:00 and I had to get up on 07:00 cause I had to go to school (and yes it's a 'respectable' study; Univeristy).

And you really think that is great to see 4 people having their own solo moment of 5-6 minutes? Please....

This ain't the 90's were GN'R were the biggest band in the world. Axl should be happy with the fact that people are still attending these shows and show some respect; you simply can't make an excuse for being almost 2hours over time. If it was an half an hour it wouldn't be a big deal, but it was two fucking hours.

I was home at 03:00 and I had to get up on 07:00 cause I had to go to school (and yes it's a 'respectable' study; Univeristy).

And you really think that is great to see 4 people having their own solo moment of 5-6 minutes? Please....

I think it is good to have the solo's, it gets Axl time to get back on track and use some of his oxygen mask, becuase he's not 25 anymore. He needs to relax more becuase singing the way he does and running around at almost 50 takes a toll on you eventually. I would rather Axl take breaks instead of just singing for the whole concert, it could ruin his voice or his health.

Oh, and about Slash, he left, get over it. "They don't play like Slash," is a example of a person who doesn't get "it." That it being that they don't have to, they play with their own style and are damn good at it as well.