Arnhem, The Netherlands

saulhudson88

UPDATED

Sunday GN'R will play their first concert in the Netherlands since the concert in 2006 at the Goffertpark in Nijmegen.

So who is going and at what time will you be there? Do you guys think that the standing floor will be soon full after the door have opened? Cause I have standing tickets.

Maybe something 'funny' to share. I got this email this morning, it's from the promoter of the concert:

Dear client,

You are receiving this message because this email address was used for when the ticket for the concert by Guns N 'Roses on Sunday, October 3 this year was purchased.

Last week we have sent you the definitive timetable for this concert. The Imperial State Electric support act starts at 19.30 hours, in contrast to the 20.00 hours, what is stated on the tickets. If everything goes according to plan Guns N 'Roses would then climb the podium at 20.30.

However, there is a very good chance that frontman Axl Rose will not hold to the timetable. Especially given the experience during the current tour of the band, we want to point out the risk of that the show of Guns N 'Roses can begin considerably later than planned. Keep this in mind when planning your trip to and from Arnhem.

We advise everyone to NOT work with public transport, but by car or organized transport. There are enough parking places at the GelreDome.

We will do our utmost best for the shows of both acts to begin at the times indicated. But the artist is the final one who decided that.

Something other that I found:

"Supervisor Rob Drummond of Mojo Concerts is prepared for anything this weekend, he said. "We have done previous shows with this band and there's just nothing to talk with Axl Rose. We have begged him to stap at the maximum of 23:30 and start before 21:30 . But we simply can't push him on the stage by some big security guards. Though I find his behavior really witness disrespect to his fans. "

To everyone who is going: Please take pictures and videos off the show and upload them!!!

UPDATED

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Shackler's Revenge

7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme)

8. Live And Let Die

9. Jam

10. This I Love

11. Rocket Queen

12. Dizzy Reed solo (Ziggy Stardust)

13. Street Of Dreams

14. You Could Be Mine

15. DJ Ashba solo (Ballad Of Death)

16. Sweet Child O' Mine

17. Another Brick In The Wall

18. Axl piano solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

19. November Rain

20. Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther Theme)

21. Better

22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

23. Nightrain

-encore break-

24. Jam

25. Madagascar

26. Don't Cry

27. Whole Lotta Rosie

28. Jam

29. Paradise City

Show was great. Axl's voice was perfect and DJ Ashba suprised me. Also a great long setlist; only pitty that they didn't play patience.

BUT:

- Show some goddamn respect to the fans and don't start 105 minutes to late (22:15 instead of 20:30). Cause some people have to work or go to school the next day, and when the concert is over at 0:50 and the last train has already leaved at 23:45 you're simply screwed.

- And get rid of that fucking solo's, we know that they are technically amazing players, but when the simply can't play with as much as feeling as Slash can (and the can't), than don't do it; they have no value.

Here are the official reviews of the show. Ttranslated with google translate because I don't have the time to do it. (I agree with most of it...):

Guns N' Roses, to much a one-men Show.

ARNHEM - Axl Rose has many qualities, punctuality is not one of. The frontman of the once legendary rock band Guns N 'Roses has a nice reputation to uphold when it comes to crossing the starting time arrives.

© Getty ImagesIn the Gelredome, the American ruddy Sunday it still quite civilized and get "only" one hour and fourtyfive minutes late on stage. What follows is almost two and a half hours Axl Rose Circus.

For most the people their is only one man this evening, and that is William Axl Rose. The man who more often than band members change of underwear and only remaining original member.

Yet another live-occupation of what still has to continue as Guns N 'Roses in terms of skills and above all look completely interchangeable terms. The exception is veteran Dizzy Reed, who during his time a nice solo piano piece manages to make David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.

Slash

The current lineup has three guitar soloists are required to be somewhat close to the earlier work of Slash to come. Rose himself, known for his vitriolic vocals and screaming out, if let the vocal area, after much trial and stabbing almost any number visible breath.

Sprinting from one side of the stage to another, he ventures no more. There will be beer belly bulging under his flannel shirt to blame. The once energetic, passionate and sincere singer is a caricature of themselves.

Chieftain

Rose is still there in Arnhem with ease away. Because the Gelredome this evening or at reduced size XS, it is quite full for the chief and his revolving door collective.

Besides getting the charismatic frontman with hits as Paradise City Sweet Child O'Mine, November Rain and Knockin 'On Heaven's Door as always the stands literally vibrate.

One-man show

Yet it is not by surprise, this is Axl Rose Circus too one-man show. Guns N 'Roses provides a very solid performance, but the faded glory of the past to brush is much more than a front man barred, behind a bunch of interchangeable cartoon characters.

Who has seen the earlier incarnations know which fireworks Axl and Slash together can provide. High time for Rose to make it up with his former colleagues and make a real comeback, not only the fans, but the whole world will vibrate.

http://www.muziek.nl/page/magazinedetail/Concertverslagen/18129/Concertverslag-Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses#

Concert review: Guns N' Roses

Early nineties, Guns N 'Roses everything in it to grow into the biggest rock band of all time. A high-profile front man, a master guitarist and songs that were good to the general public. But the egos - especially - William Axl Rose, Saul "Slash" Hudson clashed, and the latter - along with bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum - in 1995 the band turned its back.

Rose went on, occasionally drummed an army of session musicians for occasional gigs - including at the MTV Awards - and promised a new album. No less than fourteen years tinkered Rose cs to Chinese Democracy, the feature film last year that led to the same world tour that Guns N 'Roses at Arnhem's Gelredome Sunday brought. Finally, because an earlier intended action in 2002 in the football stadium was canceled at the last minute.

Despite the changing composition of the band, some things Guns N 'Roses never change. Start on time is in the dictionary of Axl Rose after more than 25 years has not yet established. Preferably one hour and three quarters shows the now 48-year-old American's well-stocked Gelredome XS - thick ten thousand visitors - wait. But immediately clear what they expect the next 2.5 hours: heavy guitar walls, an impressive light show and fireworks. Lots of fireworks.

Already did that especially the pyrotechnician because Rose was musical fireworks show is no longer able. Where he successfully during the period of the band must have been pure vocals with vicious anything is tonight he often does not go beyond vulgar and false cries. Especially with the recent work of Chinese Democracy is the 'singing' sound out of place when compared to the known work, more dark - almost industrial - sound of Rose and his seven-piece backing band.

But it is clearly not the new songs which the public has come. The hits they want to hear. Songs like Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O'Mine, Do not Cry and November Rain, of course, be welcomed with a massive applause and even ensure that the Vitesse stadium to its foundations shaking. All aprons are still some left and right to the performance. Or is it in the case of valve Paradise City even completely wrong.

This is mainly because the band is fully convertible. Guitarists Richard Fortus, DJ Ashba and Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Although all three get their solo moment offered by Rose, but that is still mainly the frontman that can change the outfit or even breathing can. Bright spot is keyboardist Dizzy Reed, since 1990 the band. During his solo he brings a beautiful piano improvisation of David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.

It's strange, during one song, the three different guitarists Slash solos on their behalf to see taken. And yet none of the three passes in the nostalgia for the Englishman to take away. Although, of course, do not expect them the master guitarist in detail imitate.

But it's mainly the nostalgia for the Axl Rose of the early nineties that prevails. Only occasionally do his band and he recall the glory days of Guns N 'Roses. Rose is obviously getting older and no longer able to continue from left to right across the impressive stage races. But he still shoots the Gelredome especially their vocals serious shortage.

If the original drummer Steve Adler - during the recording of Use Your Illusion the band kicked out because of his excessive drug use - indeed succeed in its intention the band back in original lineup together, he must make haste. Rose soon have no voice anymore.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/...in-Arnhem.dhtml

Axl Rose show diva behavior in Arnhem

Axl Rose. AP PHOTO

ROTTERDAM - Axl Rose shows his diva behavior in Arnhem. The singer was in Amsterdam when Guns N 'Roses was supposed to be on stage at the Gelredome.

Only one hour after start time Rose was accompanied by a number of police motorcycles, including sirens and flashing lights, the stadium in Arnhem. After arrival it took another half hour before Rose was on stage.

Although the concert eventually started a half hour late, the atmosphere was reasonable. In previous similar actions in other countries let the public clearly does not appreciate his brand of diva behavior from Rose.

Especially since the high notes, dance steps and arranging back and forth from the past no more occupants in the 48-year-old singer.

The frontman dived during and between songs every now behind the scenes.

The public therefore reacted lukewarm to the musical performance of Rose and his band. Only when the use of the classic Sweet Child O 'Mine was the room a bit loose and there were even people in the gallery out of their chairs.

Guns N 'Roses recently started regularly at least one hour late with appearances. Thrown bottles are the band and their vocalist often accrue. (NEW / BVDL)

http://www.volkskran..._Is_dit_serieus

Review Guns N 'Roses: Is this serious?

Menno Pot on October 4 '10, 2:51 p.m., updated October 4 '10, 15:00

Guns N 'Roses concert at Montevideo in Uruguay, with links frontman Axl Rose (EPA)

LONDON - With rock & roll has it all still very little to do. This Guns N 'Roses and especially harmless kitsch.

During the two-part Use Your Illusion (1991) was a California-Guns N 'Roses at the height of his fame and had the band members all you Kurt Cobain not being allowed: hedonistic stadium rock gods, politically incorrect, unsympathetic and proud of it. But they were dangerous though. And well.

Debut of the occupation is only frontman Axl Rose (1962) remains. Temporary workers came and went, but you have to hand it to him: Rose has always been controversial.

That is precisely why the scare Gelredome in Arnhem, where GN'R Sunday in the (otherwise well-stocked) 'XS-up "occurred, with closed sides.

Rose that his audience had to wait until 22.15 hours, so the last trains were unattainable, was one of the fans is very "rock & roll found, but there sat the rub: with rock & roll still has it all very little to do. This Guns N 'Roses and especially harmless kitsch.

Axl Rose: The Musical

The first Dutch show since the release of Chinese Democracy (the long-awaited comeback album in 2008 finally appeared) was at times even a little ridiculous: then it seemed like Axl Rose: The Musical, with an excess cover band (three guitarists and two keyboard players, that often sat in the road) and Guns N 'Roses, Axl Rose as herself and one DJ Ashba as Slash.

The defining sound of old guitarist was so clearly imitated (cigarette, pose, hat) that you wondered: is this serious?

Guns N 'Roses in 2010 showed a couple Arnhem Fri anonymous musical mercenaries, especially instructed to color outside the lines. Their play lacked character and seemed bound by a choreography: fixed 'Leashes' on hard times.

Rose, meanwhile, emerged from the explosions, still dressed in his suitcase again: sober black during the funeral ballad November Rain, Cotton Eye Joe, a cowboy outfit during the wear-Sweet Child O'Mine.

Obbligato

Especially during the world hits the audience jumped up and the fire flared up briefly, but the momentum was never really in too long, fragmentary representation. Obligatory solo moments of the band members were to blame: the one doing the James Bond theme, another Bowie tingeltangelde a piece on the piano, but why?

Chinese Democracy was being considered, but stressed that work is actually what is wrong with the GN'R of today: the evil is too much testosterone rock pushed into the background by Rose's tendency to excess and puppetry. Would the football stadium in Arnhem anyone ever sung so exalted as a forgery Rose This I Love?

It should be Slash, rock & roll conscience of GN'R, Axl Rose hurt that these stingless show the old band names.

** Guns N 'Roses. XS Gelredome, Arnhem, October 3

http://www.omroepgel...o-veel-geld.htm

Guns N 'Roses costs Mojo a lot of money

ARNHEM - Guns N 'Roses Sunday in Arnhem Gelredome ensured an enormous cost. The American rock band let fans over 1.5 hours waiting for action.

The delays had Mojo Concerts organizer for more than 600 visitors who came by public transport, arrange for extra buses. There were also the concert promoter extra people employed. All this caused a lot of extra costs.

Mojo knew there was a possibility that singer Axl Rose was prosecuting such encounters, as he often did. "We are holders of prior warning of any delays or premature termination of his concert. Of course we're not happy, this has cost us a lot of money. Unfortunately we can not prevent such actions, it should be a bit by the rock & roll world, "said a spokesman for Mojo.

Edited by saulhudson88

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, there is a very good chance that frontman Axl Rose will not hold to the timetable. Especially given the experience during the current tour of the band, we want to point out the risk of that the show of Guns N 'Roses can begin considerably later than planned. Keep this in mind when planning your trip to and from Arnhem.

WTF? :rofl-lol:

Hahaha that's what I thought! Bit sarcastic that the concert promoter sends a email with that!

To keep the Dutch from rioting and pushing the band into the North Sea should they decide to hit the stage at midnight! I believe this is a brilliant idea so those going understand that this is not like a convienient trip to the supermarket.

Does anyone can recommend a way to reach the venue and how to return back to the city center without a car?

I'm traveling to Arnhem by train tomorrow. The last time I saw the band was in New York City back in 2002. Their set will be a bit different this time, with more new songs!

Does anyone can recommend a way to reach the venue and how to return back to the city center without a car?

I'm traveling to Arnhem by train tomorrow. The last time I saw the band was in New York City back in 2002. Their set will be a bit different this time, with more new songs!

Normaly there will be shutlle busses, between the train stations and the stadion.

Still high from the concert in Belgium thursday! You gotta be in the first row, thats the only way rock3

....At least for me, I'm very short :ph34r:

Have fun, they could be on any minutte now :wub:

We're you the girl with black/reddish hair wearing a white t-shirt? I remember seeing this girl standing at the first row.

Still high from the concert in Belgium thursday! You gotta be in the first row, thats the only way rock3

....At least for me, I'm very short :ph34r:

Have fun, they could be on any minutte now :wub:

We're you the girl with black/reddish hair wearing a white t-shirt? I remember seeing this girl standing at the first row.

No, she was actually shorter than me :rofl-lol: I was standing to the left side - it was me who said hello to you before the concert :lol: