Arnhem, The Netherlands

saulhudson88

Rather than bitching that the guitarists arent Slash. How about you put he guitarists on their own merit?

When they do something outstanding under the GNR banner, I'm sure it will be talked about. Right now some of those guys are touring behind an album they never even played on...

They did. And they're still doing. Whether you - and other people for that matter - recognize that or not ain't my business.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Damn this gets old..Go away if you don't like the new band. It's pretty fuckin clear that you looked for the poor reviews. Grow up!

I loved the old band too, but if you and a few others can't enjoy the show because Slash isn't there, then go to another band's show!

Another official review, from a very respectable newspaper. (literally translated by google, so don't blame the translation)

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/23/MUZIEK/article/detail/1029737/2010/10/05/Guns-N-Roses-geeft-potsierlijke-show.dhtml

Guns N 'Roses shows clownish show

Review

When Guns N 'Roses in 1992 in the Rotterdam Kuip fans had to wait a half hour, the crowd started the massive rise of singer Axl Rose "He's a bestiallity! singing. Those were the days. And not only that song. Sunday in the Gelredome appeared rock up over two hours later than announced. The audience responded with warm applause. The gig was not a shadow of that eighteen years ago.

Mid-nineties, Axl Rose is still only the original lineup on. He is also the owner of the group, there is no doubt. You can even place the brains of Guns N 'Roses name. But a brain that is not restrained, may be nice to rotate. Guitarist Slash succeeded in those peak years in order to channel the ideas of Rose to enjoy but also toughened rock and roll.

In late 2008, seventeen years after the double album Use Your Illusion I and II, appeared finally a new album by the group, Chinese Democracy, Rose played by tracking plus numerous mercenaries. The record shows megalomaniac painfully what happens when Axel ideas flow through certain nobody is kneaded. Idea accumulates idea a amorphous sound mass where no proper song of ancient Guns N 'Roses Level more out retrieve.

On stage suggested that much more emphatically. In Arnhem, without Slash and no less than seven instrumental behind paladins who are tattooed and dressed like rockers operetta, the group is a circus without rock and roll has become. Once balanced the group on the remarkable boundary between hazard and kitsch. A beautiful contrast. Without serious game against Axl Rose kukelt mercilessly in kitschbad. And musicians are willing to bathe him.

Singing he never pure on stage. But the band managed to better times in his pig-squealing really urgent to stand. Now it beeps in the ballad This I love the new album so ferocious that you just feel vicarious shame.

If he just before noon with the funny blonde Hulk Hogan mustache and big cowboy hat and bandana on his head to the big concert grand scratching the funeral November rain betting favorite, is ludicrous a much, much too weak a phrase. That he sees himself probably different. (PETER BRUYN)

Rather than bitching that the guitarists arent Slash. How about you put he guitarists on their own merit?

When they do something outstanding under the GNR banner, I'm sure it will be talked about. Right now some of those guys are touring behind an album they never even played on...

They did. And they're still doing. Whether you - and other people for that matter - recognize that or not ain't my business.

The only one to do any such thing was Buckethead.

And Robin came up with a decent riff or 2 but hardly set the world on fire.

God Damn this gets old..Go away if you don't like the new band. It's pretty fuckin clear that you looked for the poor reviews. Grow up!

I loved the old band too, but if you and a few others can't enjoy the show because Slash isn't there, then go to another band's show!

You really think that? Why the fuck should I spend more than 100 euro to see a show and than select all the poor reviews to show how bad it was? Can't see the logic...

If you don't believe me; click on this link and past some of these articles in google translate: you will see that non of these reviews are positive.

http://news.google.nl/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=nl_nl&hl=nl&q=guns+n+roses

If you don't believe me; click on this link and past some of these articles in google translate: you will see that non of these reviews are positive.

Ok. We understood. The reviews are negative, and?

I am working for the press in Holland and i made a tourreport for the shows in Antwerp Lille and Holland

Meeting the band was awesom

here is the link to mine official review:

My link

here are some photo's of meeting the band and here a pic also from my signed elpee

There are more on My link

Thanks for the pics!

If you have something in English, it'd be great.

Edited by Anahzul

Ok. We understood. The reviews are negative, and?

Nothing. I just wanted to 'prove' that I ain't lying.

Cause someone said, that I only translated the negative ones.

I am working for the press in Holland and i made a tourreport for the shows in Antwerp Lille and Holland

Meeting the band was awesom

here is the link to mine official review:

My link

here are some photo's of meeting the band and here a pic also from my signed elpee

DSC02501.JPG

This pic was taken in Antwerp right? How do i know? I had a little conversation with Marijke before the show about the banner she made and about all the shows she attended in the past years. :thumbsup:

Edited by droezle

BUT:

- Show some goddamn respect to the fans and don't start 105 minutes to late (22:15 instead of 20:30). Cause some people have to work or go to school the next day, and when the concert is over at 0:50 and the last train has already leaved at 23:45 you're simply screwed.

- And get rid of that fucking solo's, we know that they are technically amazing players, but when the simply can't play with as much as feeling as Slash can (and the can't), than don't do it; they have no value.

Are you serious? I can't see how people still tend to talk about this, everyone knows they go on late. First time I saw them they went on 23:20, and finished about 02:00 at night, no trains/busses etc. But you always get home somehow. They just are like that, I'm glad if they play a great show, even if it's late :thumbsup:

Like I said, you are one of the handfull of people who are willing to accept Axl his bullshit. For me it's bullshit. If you act like this you just don't have any respect for the fans. And there were 12.000 fans in Arnhem sunday. And 90% of them just wanted to hear the classic songs and were hoping to feel a little of the atmosphere of the 80's and 90's. Be there on time.

It's Axl and his tribute band.

'

Exactly, it ain't rock & roll anymore. Nowaday, every band plays on the scheduled time (or maybe a maximum of 30 minutes overtime). Axl should appreciate the fact that people are still attending these Axl Rose shows.

This is BULLSHIT. Rock N' Roll is the exact opposite of your definition, it's about saying fuck to the rules. Oh, every band plays on schedule? Good kids. You think GNR cares about school? NO!

I was at the same show Scaramouche was and I was not even from Norway! Well guess what I made friends with some great people over there and we shared a cab for nothing and grabbed something to eat around 3 am. This is rock n' roll, not your bullshit where everyone goes to bed at midnight without a beer.

Schoooooool's OUT for EVER!

That Fortus solo was great. I hope the people that went enjoyed themselves.

We did enjoyed ourselves, big time!!!!!!

Except ofcourse the so called reviewers, they didn't. (Or so they say, I don't buy that for a second.)

The clip of 'knockin' is a very good example how good they were!

Edited by MBRose

BUT:

- Show some goddamn respect to the fans and don't start 105 minutes to late (22:15 instead of 20:30). Cause some people have to work or go to school the next day, and when the concert is over at 0:50 and the last train has already leaved at 23:45 you're simply screwed.

- And get rid of that fucking solo's, we know that they are technically amazing players, but when the simply can't play with as much as feeling as Slash can (and the can't), than don't do it; they have no value.

Are you serious? I can't see how people still tend to talk about this, everyone knows they go on late. First time I saw them they went on 23:20, and finished about 02:00 at night, no trains/busses etc. But you always get home somehow. They just are like that, I'm glad if they play a great show, even if it's late :thumbsup:

Like I said, you are one of the handfull of people who are willing to accept Axl his bullshit. For me it's bullshit. If you act like this you just don't have any respect for the fans. And there were 12.000 fans in Arnhem sunday. And 90% of them just wanted to hear the classic songs and were hoping to feel a little of the atmosphere of the 80's and 90's. Be there on time.

It's Axl and his tribute band.

'

Exactly, it ain't rock & roll anymore. Nowaday, every band plays on the scheduled time (or maybe a maximum of 30 minutes overtime). Axl should appreciate the fact that people are still attending these Axl Rose shows.

This is BULLSHIT. Rock N' Roll is the exact opposite of your definition, it's about saying fuck to the rules. Oh, every band plays on schedule? Good kids. You think GNR cares about school? NO!

I was at the same show Scaramouche was and I was not even from Norway! Well guess what I made friends with some great people over there and we shared a cab for nothing and grabbed something to eat around 3 am. This is rock n' roll, not your bullshit where everyone goes to bed at midnight without a beer.

Schoooooool's OUT for EVER!

I define R&R on the way they are on stage, not the way the thread the fans...

Just a quote of an official review of an very respectable newspaper, to make it clear:

Rose that let his audience waited until 22.15 hours, so the last trains were unattainable, was for one of the fans very "rock & roll found", but there sat the rub: with rock & roll it still has all very little to do. This Guns N 'Roses is especially harmless kitsch.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/3380/muziek/article/detail/1027059/2010/10/04/Guns-N-Roses-is-dit-serieus.dhtml

Can't be taken seriously. The so called respectable newspapers never wrote one positive word about Guns, not now, not back than.

By the way, wasn't this the exact criticism they had back than? Than I loved Guns being 'kitsch' and still love it today.

Before you get me wrong, I love slash. But he left and since I love Axl too, I gave this band a try, and they weren't dispointing at all!!!! They were awesome!!!!

Edited by MBRose

Personally, I don't see the point of being so crude, cruel and mean in a concert review or music journalism/tabloid journalism.

Following the band closely and seeing so many reviews of shows from this tour, at least the media are in unison.

It goes something like this: GnR review 2010:

Where is Slash?

What happened to Axl? Did he actually age 15 years in 15 years? WTF!!

Throw in some shit about hired hands, starting late, beer belly, handlebar moustache, wardrobe critique etc, etc.

I define R&R on the way they are on stage, not the way the thread the fans...

Just a quote of an official review of an very respectable newspaper, to make it clear:

Rose that let his audience waited until 22.15 hours, so the last trains were unattainable, was for one of the fans very "rock & roll found", but there sat the rub: with rock & roll it still has all very little to do. This Guns N 'Roses is especially harmless kitsch.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/3380/muziek/article/detail/1027059/2010/10/04/Guns-N-Roses-is-dit-serieus.dhtml

GN'R is very well known for being late. Thus, if you have to be early at home, don't go to a GN'R show.

Edited by Anahzul