List your Top Ten GNR Songs

Street_Of_Dreams

Sad to say it, but PC and SCOM are sooooo overrated

let me guess, you think breakdown is a good song?

Why? To be honest I would put it in the bottom 5 or so on UYI albums. Breakdown is a great song dont get me wrong, but there are SOOOOO many amazing songs on those two albums that are hard to beat. PC just does not do that much for me in the song itself. Dont get me wrong, Ive seen the band 3 times and heard it live numerous times, and it is a great rocking song but not a masterpiece. And you can not really say that I hate AFD stuff or that im a CD fanboy or something, because I love all of the albums. My top ten has songs from each album (except for TSI? but Aint It Fun and Buick Mackane are probably 11 and 12 on the list) so I have a diverse taste.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random:

Civil war

Estranged

Double talkin' jive

Don't damm me

Shackler's revenge

This i love

Sorry

Better

Mr. Brownstone

It's so easy

I know it seems a weird list because i'm based on the album versions. I prefer to listen live others like Nightrain, Rocket queen, I.R.S, etc.

Edited by Lindo

Vey difficult decision, after my #1 pick everything is rated the same, meaning i dont think ten is any better than two, etc.

1. Oh My God

2. It's So Easy

3. Scraped

4. Estranged

5. Rocket Queen

6. Right Next Door To Hell

7. Better

8. Dont Cry (alternate lyrics)

9. Don't Damn Me

10. Catcher In The Rye

Appetite - 2.

I feel kinda sorry for people even considering something from the time after the UYI albums in the top ten. Doesn't compare in a million miles!

Blind adoration only leads to close mindedness. It's sad to see how some appetite line up 'purists' cannot appreciate the beauty in CITR (album or demo versions), the epic solos of TWAT or the soulfulness of Prostitute. On the other hand, something like Shackler's really is Appetite on steroids. To each his own, I guess.

Something like this:

1. Rocket Queen

2. Welcome to the Jungle

3. Dead Horse

4. Mr. Brownstone

5. Paradise City

6. Patience

7. Dust N' Bones

8. Double Talkin' Jive

9. Estranged

10. SCOM

Likely a couple of Chi Dem songs would make my top 20.

Just curious - which ones and at what positions?

Edited by The Archer

I would of preferred if you asked me which one of my kids I would prefer to not send to college... but there they are and in order as well.

1 - Estranged

2 -This I love

3 - Rocket Queen

4 - It's So Easy

5 - One In A Million

6 - Patience

7 - Perfect Crime

8 - Coma

9 - Dead Horse

10 - 14 Years

That was difficult...

Edited by JesseGoudge

I think too many of the mainstream overplayed radio classics are often overlooked with a forum like this. They are classics for a reason... they're fucking great songs!

Eh, Jungle, PC and YCBM I could agree with on that. But it's got to a point where even when I'm hammered out my skull at a club at SCOM comes on, I just don't feel it.

I think too many of the mainstream overplayed radio classics are often overlooked with a forum like this. They are classics for a reason... they're fucking great songs!

Eh, Jungle, PC and YCBM I could agree with on that. But it's got to a point where even when I'm hammered out my skull at a club at SCOM comes on, I just don't feel it.

The fact that we are more than devoted fans means we have gotten past the standards. We've looked behind the veil.