Best live show?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Not sure if there is a topic like this already so sorry if this is already covered but: Who puts on the best live show?

Has anyone been to a Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age gig? What did you think?

I'd really like to see these guys live some time but would like to know from a fan (not some magazine review) how they are?

Has anyone been to a Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age gig? What did you think?

I'd really like to see these guys live some time but would like to know from a fan (not some magazine review) how they are?

Seen QOTSA at a Leeds fest a couple years back. I wouldn't say it was anything amazing, though still pretty good. I'd definitely try and see them again sometime.

Other than GnR the best I've seen would be Muse, Metallica and RATM.

GNR was by far the best show i've ever seen, but aside from them:

Energy wise, Slipknot would probably take it... great energy from the band and moshing the whole time...

Interaction with the crowd has to be a tie between Kid Rock and Shinedown. Kid Rock (whether you like his tunes or not) is just an all-around great show, and Brent (Shinedown) probably talks to the crowd more than any other frontman I've seen (and their set was only an hour!)...

Edited by RickRoses

I've got a few nominations, based on different factors:

Iron Maiden - Everything about a Maiden show is just awesome. The band is one of the tightest around, the stage show is always awesome, and they really know how to keep the show fresh for the people that go see them countless times on a tour (Not once in my 10 shows this Summer did the show feel even a tad dull). But the fans are what makes a Maiden show truly awesome in the end; no band has a fanbase that connects more than Maiden's fans, and it's just awesome to meet fans who you end up becoming really close friends with (Happened MANY times this Summer!)

Rush - Plain and simple, the musicality. That, and the 3 hour shows.

Alice Cooper - NO ONE puts on a stage show like Alice. The man is a true performer, and can entertain a crowd like no other.

Tower Of Power - Even if you're not into soul or funk, Tower is a must see. An insane amount of energy, both in sound and performance. Drastically different setlists from night to night, typically play in venues that hold less than 500, and often play double headers on the same night. Then throw in the tightest horn section in the world, the drummer that invented "the groove", and the fact that Larry Braggs is the most talented dancer to hit the stage since James Brown himself.

I know my first 3 are probably gonna pop up from other people as the best live act as well, but I can't recommend enough that you see Tower if they're anywhere within 100 miles. I guaruntee you won't be disappointed!

Seen QOTSA at a Leeds fest a couple years back. I wouldn't say it was anything amazing, though still pretty good. I'd definitely try and see them again sometime.

Pretty much this, but swap with the Foos. They were good, not my favorite show ever, but if you get the chance and are a fan I'd say go :thumbsup:

At the moment? godspeed you black emperor!, the kills, crystal castles, modest mouse, black rebel motorcycle club, the hold steady, babyshambles, public image ltd, muse, jackson browne, kasabian, yeah yeah yeahs, foals, klaxons, arctic monkeys..

Edited by Snake Eyes

Slash's show is awesome, great tunes, great playing, great vocals.

Iron Maiden never disappoints, you pay your ticket for Maiden, you KNOW it's gonna kick ass.

X-Japan is apparently tearing it up across North America right now, they're always great.

Metallica's show was great last year.

Buddy Guy, the guy is old as dirt, but he can still rip ass on the guitar.

Brad Paisley's always had a sick live show.

arena/stadium-sized bands/artists: bruce springsteen, muse, neil young, nick cave & the bad seeds

club-sized bands/artists: the tallest man on earth, drive-by truckers, phosphorescent, okkervil river

saw gn'r in 2006, all these (plus a bunch of other artists) were better.

Edited by Shuffle

arena/stadium-sized bands/artists: bruce springsteen, muse, neil young, nick cave & the bad seeds

club-sized bands/artists: the tallest man on earth, drive-by truckers, phosphorescent, okkervil river

saw gn'r in 2006, all these (plus a bunch of other artists) were better.

Caught them by mistake during my first trip to Bonnaroo. Best thing I ever did was stick around for their set. Will Sheff>>>>

These are my top ten shows from this year in reverse chronological order:

9/7/10, Brooklyn Masonic Temple - Sunn O)) and Boris performing Altar

9/4/10, ATP New York - Explosions in the Sky

9/4/10, ATP New York - Tortoise

8/4/10, Philly - Russian Circles

Roo '10 - The Flaming Lips Performing Dark Side of the Moon

Roo '10 - The Disco Biscuits

Roo '10 - The Melvins

Roo '10 - Dieselboy

5/16/10, Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Thee A Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra

4/7/10, Knitting Factory, Brooklyn - Acid Mothers Temple

I'm also going to see Bassnectar in two weeks and Godspeed You! Black Emperor next March (3 shows)!!

Edited by stevGNR666

GNR is the best I've ever seen.

But besides them Mötley Crüe.

I liked Marilyn Manson's show too though.

Motley's always a good stage show but I'm bored with their setlist now. And Vince.... just doesn't care anymore....

I saw Manson in Sept 2009 and thought, aside from a couple songs, that he was pretty weak. The opening band Die Mannequin were much better, and I got to meet them/get 'em to sign some stuff...

9/4/10, ATP New York - Explosions in the Sky

I wanna see them! Catastrophe And The Cure.... :wub:

9/7/10, Brooklyn Masonic Temple - Sunn O)) and Boris performing Altar

Roo '10 - The Flaming Lips Performing Dark Side of the Moon

4/7/10, Knitting Factory, Brooklyn - Acid Mothers Temple

Godspeed You! Black Emperor next March (3 shows)!!

<3

Edited by Snake Eyes

Queens of the Stone Age are the WORST band I have ever seen live. Saw them at Reading... fucking terrible show. Josh Homme is the shittiest frontman ever. Between every song he just said the same boring shit. "I'm so drunk and high right now", "all you beautiful people in the crowd here". Awful, awful band.