STEVEN ADLER's Mother To Release 'Sweet Child Of Mine' Tell-All Book - Oct. 23,

seely

HarperCollins is tentatively scheduled to release "Sweet Child Of Mine" (formerly "No Bed Of Roses"), the much-anticipated tell-all book from Deanna Adler — the mother of original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler — in May/June 2011 (exact date to be announced). The book reportedly documents the rise of Deanna Adler's son "in the most exciting rock band of all time."

Deanna Adler appeared on the second season of "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew", on which Steven was a cast member. During the season's episode five, Dr. Drew, Dr. Sophy and Steven sat down for a meeting with Deanna in a what was described as "a tense whirlwind of accusations, denials and resentment. Steven is so flustered that he storms out of the room, leaving the many issues between he and Deanna unresolved, possibly forever."

You can see Deanna Adler's appearance on "Celebrity Rehab" at this location. (Deanna Adler first appears around the 19-minute mark.)

"Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" is a reality television show airing on the cable network VH1 that chronicles a group of celebrities as they are treated for alcohol and drug addiction by Dr. Drew Pinsky and his staff at the Pasadena Recovery Center in Pasadena, California.

Having been kicked out of his mother's house on numerous occasions before he was old enough to vote, Steven Adler reportedly started skipping school and doing drugs when he was 11.

Steven Adler was the drummer for GUNS N' ROSES from 1985 to 1990. He was eventually fired from the band due to his drug addiction, which caused him to spiral down into depression and more drug use.

Steven Adler's autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses", came out in July. In the book, Adler tells all, fearlessly addressing his struggles with heroin and crack addiction; his financial ruin after being kicked out of GN'R; his shattered marriage; and the severe health problems that nearly claimed his life on several occasions.

Steven finally appears to have beaten his epic twenty-year addiction. He has remained clean and sober for over the last few months under the watchful eye of Dr. Drew Pinsky.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148179&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

What. The. Fuck.

I loved this comment, that's pretty much the only thing I liked about this piece of news, because it really is: what THE fuck?:

Sweet Child O' Mine, get it? It's a pun because Steven was her child and he was in Guns N Roses and they did that song Sweet Child O' Mine. HAHAHAHA CLEVER!

*intense sarcasm*

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

She's a nutjob apparently. Always interfering with his business.

Axl said before something about not being able to reunite with Steven because of his mother.

:no:

Anyone read his book? Had a scan through it in a bookshop seemed to have lots if pictures and large font :confused: one passage was entitled selfish Axl or something to that effect.

• 4 weeks later...