Moscow private show

Kelmi

whats so wrong about playing a private gig anyway ? im not understanding :unsure:

They can play a private gig for a select audience of fans or they can play a private gig for some rich Rednecks. That's what's wrong about it.

yeah. They can make 100 of all the fans happy and the rest of them angry that they couldnt make it to that show. Or they can make some serious money on that rich celebrities and spend it for example on a new album, or live DVD or wathever for all fans.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats so wrong about playing a private gig anyway ? im not understanding :unsure:

They can play a private gig for a select audience of fans or they can play a private gig for some rich Rednecks. That's what's wrong about it.

yeah. They can make 100 of all the fans happy and the rest of them angry that they couldnt make it to that show. Or they can make some serious money on that rich celebrities and spend it for example on a new album, or live DVD or wathever for all fans.

Or they can do a private show for the fans and record it for a feature release on dvd.

Like i said ...my only problem is that im not gonna be there or that they didnt do a private show when they came here . Now if the gig is for some rich people or not doesnt bother me

Or they can do a private show for the fans and record it for a feature release on dvd.

You know they are in the midst of a pretty extensive world tour, GNR are doing a lot for their fans right now.

Even though I don't really agree with bands doing private gigs when it's just for the money, they've put on a crazy tour for the past year now so you can't really usethe "fans" card for this one

Why would fans be angry that they can't attend? If that's the case then you need to get a grip. Concidering they have just toured Europe and seen loads of fans.

It's sad when people half way round the globe take offence to a private show, that if it wasn't, they wouldn't attend anyway.

Edited by Axl_morris

I think it's a bit sad really. Axl can't do a private gig in Moscow for $1 million(????) because "of some fuckhead in Iowa" who is jealous that he can't get involved.

Axl's said before he sees these gigs as an opportunity to relax and chillout away from the hassles of touring. The fans have had more that enough opportunity to see the band on this tour and I bet they paid a lot less for the privilege than whoever these Ruskies are.

What that guy said!

hahaha this is unreal, i really can't belive some of these posts....

Got home from work and thought i'd log in to see if there is any more news on tonights private show (quite excited that somethings happening tonight as the last few days have been pretty dull since the Euro leg ended).

How can people be pissed off that Guns are playing a private show? why not just be happy that a) they are actually doing someting & B) that someone thinks the band are amazing enough to pay $1m so he and his friends and family can rock their bollox off!

If this had happened in 1998 during 'the silence' we'd have all been jumping through hoops for updates and news, whilst bursting with exitement...............yet when it happens at the end of a year of solid touring whith the band on absolute fire, some people have the cheek to moan about it for whatever pointless reason.

Unreal.

I think it's a bit sad really. Axl can't do a private gig in Moscow for $1 million(????) because "of some fuckhead in Iowa" who is jealous that he can't get involved.

Axl's said before he sees these gigs as an opportunity to relax and chillout away from the hassles of touring. The fans have had more that enough opportunity to see the band on this tour and I bet they paid a lot less for the privilege than whoever these Ruskies are.

What interview did he say this in? Thanks :)

What interview did he say this in? Thanks :)

It was in a comment after the Rose BAR gig in NYC earlier this year I believe. Probably on his Twitter or something I can't remember the exact source.

Cool thanks. I wish he'd twitter more!

Guessing it's just a way for the band to maximise their income (Yes a big tour brings in lots of money anyway but a lot of people need their wages) and it's also just something different for the band rather than just playing big arena or outdoor shows.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Wonder what episode of My Super Sweet 16, will this private show be featured in.

Some girl actually tried to get them for her sweet 16 to impress a guy before on that show

Surprsingly, GNR did not reply to her

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel