Moscow private show

Kelmi

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Ron what the setlist was for this show and he says he thinks it was...

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad Of Death)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (Another Brick In The Wall) / Axl Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore:

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Paradise City

Big thanks to Ron for telling me what the setlist was.

There's nothing wrong with a private show, obviously.

However, what makes me wonder is whether Axl was late to such a show or if for the rich he could be on time?

Probably the show started later than a standard gig though so there was no need to be late.

According to the article, he arrived there at 2 a.m. when all the bands were supposed to arrive at 8 p.m. Guards were notified of his arrival 40 minutes before he showed up. They were asked to arrange 'a green corridor' so all celebrities were asked to leave the VIP area and proceed to the general admission area.

To attend the show, a guest had to pay about USD 1000. But unless he/she had personal connections, there's no way to get there. The gig cost USD 1 million.

Thanks!

It's kinda cool that the filthy rich had to wait like everyone else. B)

RE: The comment about a 16 year old asking GNR to play a show - I think that there's a limit to what type of shows they want to play. I'm sure they've turned down gigs after the tour manager or Axl talked to the person wanting the private gig. And you know they've had reunion requests for big $$$.

Don't Cry / Whole Lotta Rosie

Paradise City - Ashba take a girl on stage and lets her 'play' on his giutar

In my opinion, as much as I love for them to tour the see them with that big ass stage they have in a stadium. I think If GN'R come to the U.S., there are thek ind of places they should play. A small place with a screen and pyro. I would be better for ticket sales becuase the place won't be half empty. It would be more of a diehard GN'R tour than a US tour becuase the US does really like GN'R anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Powderfinger is currently doing their last farewell tour, and they performed in a plane ( 1 hour trip) from sydney to the goldcoast recently, and some fans paid $10,000 aud a seat...

Edited by gunns5

Someone's on the nightrain, Dj's on fire! Fucking great! :thumbsup:

DJ's playing well, but that's a really depressing video. Playing to a bunch of suits like that. Not cool at all. I'm not even a hardcore-original GNR man, but the contrast between this and something like Ritz 88 is larger than ever.

Disappointed by this.