DJ is at it again !

The Glow Inc.

Ron should just record some shit on his own and then e-mail it to Axl.

I think that's a great idea. That way, if Bumble comes up with something cool with a Gn'R vibe that has some serious potential, Axl can add it to the pile of existing material and let it age for a while. For like, 10 more years. Get that nice retro feel.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we know Richard will feature predominantly in cd2 (the old chinese sessions) and Finck and Bucket did in cd1 , so you can see where Ron is coming from. They all want to create something but its like trying to push 5 coins into a piggy bank at the same time,you can only put 1 in at a time.

Patience is the key here, I hope Ron doesnt get too frustrated if what he wants to do doesn't exactly meet Axls image for the band and cd2.

13 old cd songs with a grungy/darker vibe, then 1 new song with hard rock and some finger tapping guitar work from DJ and Bumble might be out of place.

Bumble is so much grungyer than Dj. You would have to listen to Hermit to understand, but I mean....he made some dark stuff.

Ron sucks, he looks like some idiot glam metal virtuoso who just walked out of 1992 where he was hanging out with vai and satriani. he plays stupid, ugly guitars, and has absolutely zero stage presence. He also complains to the media and on stage about the band's lateness, etc.

If he doesn't like the band, why doesn't he fucking leave and go back to teaching guitar and trying to peddle his dumbass solo CDs?

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Jesus Christ...guys...

Have you all missed the part where Ron basically said that no, a new album wasn't about to come out anytime soon ?

Yet DJ insists that it IS, and even calls it NEWS.

THAT'S why I reposted it.

Jesus Christ ... guy ...

Where does DJ "insist" on anything?!

DJ said the thing on November 3rd.

A few days later (November 11th?) Ron said that he sees the matter otherwise.

That's all. Nothing happend since then. This Perez Hilton guy quotes DJs lines from November 3rd. But that is Hiltons doing, not DJs. DJ did NOT insist on anything, he didn't say anything on the matter since November 3rd.

Edited by Schwarzgold

Ron sucks, he looks like some idiot glam metal virtuoso who just walked out of 1992 where he was hanging out with vai and satriani. he plays stupid, ugly guitars, and has absolutely zero stage presence. He also complains to the media and on stage about the band's lateness, etc.

If he doesn't like the band, why doesn't he fucking leave and go back to teaching guitar and trying to peddle his dumbass solo CDs?

:violin: :violin: :violin:

This is the same guy who thought Axl lip synced. You have zero credibility.

Which road? What is going on here? :rofl-lol:

He said: "We're talking about that right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out... It won't take as long, I promise! I'm excited to get this next one rolling. Lot of great s**t - Axl [Rose] has a lot of good s**t up his sleeve - so I'm really excited about it."

Thats as tentative ("throwin around", "talkin") as anything anyone from the band has said in the time 2000-2008 and these guys weren't going down a road - quite the contrary, we were happy when they said anything. The only thing he says commitedly is that it won't take 17 years again and I am willing to accept that bold statement. :xmasssanta:

I was sort of think if bumble just wants to move on then the material must suck. But now dj says it's good so bring on cd2 with a couple new songs from bumble and dj. Not to forget fortus.

Who is Bumble to say anything sucks? Name some hit songs that Bumble has written?

His Normal album was pretty big and Abnormal sold a quarter of a million copies. In Europe, his Uncool and 9.11 albums got some good airplay. And hit songs dont make good songs.

Slash's album sucked, and Izzy's stuff is boring. Move along, just another reunion idiot who thinks Axl need Slash.

LOL, epic cupcake at the end there ha?

Edited by Cdlove

GNR have not been in the studio writing, recording, no new material is in the works

Yet he keeps brining up the idea of a new album. False hope to fans.

I like DJ but the guy's gotta shut up.

At least he got rid of the twitter message so he realised how stupid it was

He said: "We're talking about that right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out... It won't take as long, I promise! I'm excited to get this next one rolling. Lot of great s**t - Axl [Rose] has a lot of good s**t up his sleeve - so I'm really excited about it."

Thats as tentative ("throwin around", "talkin") as anything anyone from the band has said in the time 2000-2008 and these guys weren't going down a road - quite the contrary, we were happy when they said anything. The only thing he says commitedly is that it won't take 17 years again and I am willing to accept that bold statement. :xmasssanta:

Well but you suposely dont say that when there's like 5 or 6 years still ahead of work

I was sort of think if bumble just wants to move on then the material must suck. But now dj says it's good so bring on cd2 with a couple new songs from bumble and dj. Not to forget fortus.

Who is Bumble to say anything sucks? Name some hit songs that Bumble has written?

His Normal album was pretty big and Abnormal sold a quarter of a million copies. In Europe, his Uncool and 9.11 albums got some good airplay. And hit songs dont make good songs.

Slash's album sucked, and Izzy's stuff is boring. Move along, just another reunion idiot who thinks Axl need Slash.

I want proof that he sold 250,000 albums in Europe. Slash and Izzy will always be seen as the true guitarists for GNR by anyone who isn't on these forums. Bumble could be in for 40 years and that won't change.

"False hope"? "5-6years"? DJs and Rons statements do not lead automatically to this idea.

DJ only said, that they are talking and throwin ideas around. He said it won't take as long as the last record. Ron sees that and he knows to what conclusion we will collectively come: "OHMAGAWD CD2 FOR XMAS OHMAGAWD!" - although DJ never said that. So Ron CLARIFIES that there is still a lot of work to do - something DJ never denied, he didn't say anything about that. He was just a little more optimistic and Ron, knowing the drill with us, calmed everything a little bit down before assumptions get out of hand. And her was absolutely right to do so, I might add, as the threads prove.

So waht's the matter - they ARE talking, the DO throw ideas around, it WON'T take 17 years, but it very well WILL take a year or two.

No need to talk of false hopes or 5 or 6 years of work in my opinion.

DJ is used to writing material for the likes of Nikki Sixx. I doubt there is a lot of quality control-and certainly no musical complexity-involved in that process. He may naively believe that GN'R can work the same way-just take the first 10 or 12 lame ideas you come up with, record and release.

Ron knows Axl much better and is familiar with his creative process, so you have to assume his statement is a lot more accurate.

I want proof that he sold 250,000 albums in Europe. Slash and Izzy will always be seen as the true guitarists for GNR by anyone who isn't on these forums. Bumble could be in for 40 years and that won't change.

It was in interview with the Staten Island Tribune about how being with GnR helped the album sell that much.

One thing is for sure Dj Ash is nothing compared to Slash, and Robin Finck.

Dj Ash is the weakest lead guitarist GN'R ever used.

His work on Sixx:AM shits over anything Slash has done since Use Your Illusion.

Guess you han't heard the new Slash album.

Live Slash wins hands down. Dj Ash struggles from note to note.

One thing is for sure Dj Ash is nothing compared to Slash, and Robin Finck.

Dj Ash is the weakest lead guitarist GN'R ever used.

You're a fan of Robin Finck?

Wow, I'd love to see you support him.

If you read some of my older posts, you'll see I do support Robin Finck.

His work on Better, and This I Love make the songs what they are. His input is the only good thing about those songs.

Robin fits in with NIN (another band I like) so much more than the GN'R thing.