Video of Ron's tech McBob runnin' through his gear

gunsguy

mcbob talks about the whammy pedal that ron uses, and i know the dj's guitar tech operates his whammy pedal but what parts of what songs use the whammy pedals? is it on shacklers?

second half of the sweet child solo. i think he has the pedal on the front on the stage in the middle, where he is always standing on that solo

mcbob talks about the whammy pedal that ron uses, and i know the dj's guitar tech operates his whammy pedal but what parts of what songs use the whammy pedals? is it on shacklers?

second half of the sweet child solo. i think he has the pedal on the front on the stage in the middle, where he is always standing on that solo

That's a wah pedal.

The whammy is only used during the "boom-boom-eek boom-boom-eek" part of Shackler's as far as I know.

BTW Vigier guitars are incredibly good. It's a french brand. Ron has been endorsed by Vigier for the last 13 years I believe and he used to play Vigier Excalibur guitars before joining GnR but now that they have this single cut guitar, called the Vigier GV, he's playing it. Played one once and man, the neck feels SO GOOD :shocked: Top quality brand.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

That's a wah pedal.

The whammy is only used during the "boom-boom-eek boom-boom-eek" part of Shackler's as far as I know.

BTW Vigier guitars are incredibly good. It's a french brand. Ron has been endorsed by Vigier for the last 13 years I believe and he used to play Vigier Excalibur guitars before joining GnR but now that they have this single cut guitar, called the Vigier GV, he's playing it. Played one once and man, the neck feels SO GOOD :shocked: Top quality brand.

i figured as much but i thought maybe the whammy pedal does that mushy loose guitar sound we hear in the beginning of shacklers right after the first few boom boom eek part and right before the crunchy riff comes in, ive always wondered what makes that effect, does anyone know?

That's a wah pedal.

Those custom double neck Vigiers are pure sex... I got a quote for a single neck fretless from Vigier, it was about $3500US delivered... Mmmmm micro-tone slides :)