My World

Vincent Vega

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the CD.com chats:

Q: - What the hell was My World? lol (I've always been curious)

A: Great question and here goes for all your inquisitive minds with a bit you aren't aware of but is the real story...

Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff's favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were "It's perfect" and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album.

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can't say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was "perfect". Imo Duff wasn't aware or part of that and was "used" unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is

It's probably the one GN'R song i gnuinly don't like. I'll withhold an opinion on silkworms untill we hear a studo version

From the CD.com chats:

Q: - What the hell was My World? lol (I've always been curious)

A: Great question and here goes for all your inquisitive minds with a bit you aren't aware of but is the real story...

Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff's favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were "It's perfect" and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album.

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can't say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was "perfect". Imo Duff wasn't aware or part of that and was "used" unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is

It's probably the one GN'R song i gnuinly don't like. I'll withhold an opinion on silkworms untill we hear a studo version

I feel the live versions of Silkworms already smoke the studio version of My World, but even Axl said My World was an unfinished, first run, semi demo. I feel the studio version of Silkworms will kick ass.

Here's a demo version of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CBUtUJsi70

I've always loved the subtle, electronic, sleazy sounding bassline that drives the song, and Axl's chilling scream and layered vocals.

(Scream)

Oh, let's DO IT!

Let's DO IT!

(Hisses)

LET'S DO IT!

Oh, My distorted Smile!

(Scream climaxes)

Edited by Indigo Child

I love it. First time I played UYI2 and Don't Cry ends (I hadn't looked at the back cover) and then this 'You wanna step into my world' starts up and I'm like ''What the fuck is this?''

Over time it played after Don't Cry on subsequent plays of UYI2 and for some reason, I just came to like it. It's got a kind of evil thing about it while being so terribly cheesy.

That's how I saw it at the time like a hint at what would be on the next album. It would have been cool as an intro to Right Next Door to Hell. Later I thought it was about Adler. Did Axl do a whole record of industrial stuff with Trent?

It's a weird, scarry, crazy song. :crazy:

I stated it before; I like it, it always makes my laugh. Maybe not always for the right reasons though.....

Edited by MBRose

I always thought that it could have been an indicator, much in the same way that IMO, Rocket Queen, especially the post-orgasm section was indicitive of the way GnR were heading, i.e. bigger than that of a normal Hard Rock band, keeping some elements but using perhaps a more pop-orientated sound (the Elton John vibe Axl Had going on).... I could just be talking shit, but it would be kinda cool if any band kinda gave a preveiw of their next album in some form on their previous one =D...

On the subject, I fuckin love My World.... don't know if I could sit through an album of it, but for what it is, it's pretty badass.... Just a minute or so of something different and fun to listen to... the beats pretty cool too =]

xXx