..is Guns N'Roses finished?

star

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash hasn't made an above average song since 1995.

#1 singles and grammy nominations/awards say otherwise.

As i do recognize the success he has had outside of GNR, it is OUTSIDE of GNR, thus please move this discussion to former members section please as it has no relevance to the band Guns N Roses.

PS this is not a dig to just "slashites," "axlites" also please refrain from mentioning Slash when it is only to cause riff raff. The threads here are turning to shit as a result of this Axl v. Slash stuff.

Edited by ohmygod

As i do recognize the success he has had outside of GNR, it is OUTSIDE of GNR, thus please move this discussion to former members section please as it has no relevance to the band Guns N Roses.

what was the topic again? :question:

A bunch of snobs at an award's show doesn't dictate what I like, or what I view as good.

And as far as number 1 singles...Bear in mind, most if not all of them were in a much hyped supergroup composed of members of two huge '90s bands and a member of a popular but not as big '90s band.

And again, if we're measuring commercial success as being equivalent to quality, than Lady Gaga must be better than Rock. Vanilla Ice must've been better than the Illusion records, since his debut record sold more than them.

Edited by Indigo Child

what was the topic again? :question:

It got lost amongst the pointless debate between a current member of gnr and one that hasn't even been in the band for like 16 years....

A bunch of snobs at an award's show doesn't dictate what I like, or what I view as good.

And as far as number 1 singles...Bear in mind, most if not all of them were in a much hyped supergroup composed of members of two huge '90s bands and a member of a popular but not as big '90s band.

And again, if we're measuring commercial success as being equivalent to quality, than Lady Gaga must be better than Rock. Vanilla Ice must've been better than the Illusion records, since his debut record sold more than them.

But unlike those two, there wasn't some sort of musical compromise. Vanilla ice was a fraud and so is Lady Gaga. Slash was successful being himself and doing what he's always done which is playing in a striped down rock group, writing basic rock music. Whether you like it or not, the fact is, he was successful.

Edited by Nintari

and what makes you think what you like, or view as good, has any bearing on whether it actually is?

Because I'm me, and thus my views [because they are mine] are more in accordance with what I view as good, than what your views are. Music is subjective. It's not a concrete science where facts are indisputable. It's abstract, and thus, really, the only opinion which matters is one's own.

Edited by Indigo Child

But unlike those two, there wasn't some sort of musical compromise. Vanilla ice was a fraud and so is Lady Gaga. Slash was successful being himself and doing what he's always done which is playing in a striped down rock group, writing basic rock music. Whether you like it or not, the fact is, he was successful.

Vanilla Ice failed because he promoted himself heavily as this big badass from the ghetto or whatever, people dug around and found out the narrative he'd been telling in his songs and to the media was totally false. Thus, he was proven to be a fraud because he made up his whole persona.

Lady Gaga isn't a fraud. She's an artist who is doing her own thing, much like Slash, Axl and anyone else. She's very much in the David Bowie tradition in that respect.

Slash was successful by latching onto Scott Weiland and playing in a Grunge Rock band. VR's music is far from "basic rock", and rather far from GN'R in style. It's not very stripped down. You want stripped down? Go to The Stooges. Even Izzy's records are more stripped down than VR.

Velvet Revolver's Grammy was for best Rock Performance. So they were being compared to other rock bands. And they won the award. You know why? Slither rocked. Fall to Pieces ROCKED.

Considering it came out in the "Suck Age" of Rock history, there wasn't that much competition.

Slither is an OK song, but Fall to Pieces was ruined by Weiland. Slash should've given the song to Axl in 1996 and allowed the two of them to work on it. It would've been a better song if Axl and Slash worked on it together.

Edited by Indigo Child

In a totally unrelated bit of news. I'm at a stripclub and the chick just danced to welcome to the jungle. It was killer!!

Much more relevant than the great axl slash debate. I'm serious, watching hot chicks get naked to GNR songs is ALWAYS relevant.

In a totally unrelated bit of news. I'm at a stripclub and the chick just danced to welcome to the jungle. It was killer!!

Much more relevant than the great axl slash debate. I'm serious, watching hot chicks get naked to GNR songs is ALWAYS relevant.

I love to see a striptease to "better"!

or Silkworms

This almost deserves à thread of it's own :rofl-lol:

Certainly way more fun!

Vanilla Ice failed because he promoted himself heavily as this big badass from the ghetto or whatever, people dug around and found out the narrative he'd been telling in his songs and to the media was totally false. Thus, he was proven to be a fraud because he made up his whole persona.

Lady Gaga isn't a fraud. She's an artist who is doing her own thing, much like Slash, Axl and anyone else. She's very much in the David Bowie tradition in that respect.

Slash was successful by latching onto Scott Weiland and playing in a Grunge Rock band. VR's music is far from "basic rock", and rather far from GN'R in style. It's not very stripped down. You want stripped down? Go to The Stooges. Even Izzy's records are more stripped down than VR.

Velvet Revolver's Grammy was for best Rock Performance. So they were being compared to other rock bands. And they won the award. You know why? Slither rocked. Fall to Pieces ROCKED.

Considering it came out in the "Suck Age" of Rock history, there wasn't that much competition.

Slither is an OK song, but Fall to Pieces was ruined by Weiland. Slash should've given the song to Axl in 1996 and allowed the two of them to work on it. It would've been a better song if Axl and Slash worked on it together.

Of course it would have, just like Chinese Democracy might have been bearable if Slash was able to add some awesome shit of his own. :)

This almost deserves à thread of it's own :rofl-lol:

Certainly way more fun!

Chick dancing to This I Love.

I would prefer it much more slutty...

GnR finished? No, of course not. Why in 2011 GnR will tour the US, Axl will release his solo album, put out his autobiography, give one on one interviews with all major media outlets including The View, work out the final details for the reunion, guest on old GnR tours, have a very public romantic relationship resulting in a love child, go into rehab for his drug addiction (though he has not finalized a spot on Celeb Rehab as yet), speak out against the release of his sex tape, and of course, put out CD2.

Gotta run, the pigs are flying past my house.

But seriously, the guys are striking while the pan is hot and putting some focus on their own work during some downtime. Still good chance for a US tour later in the year. I will travel. I will see them again. This is my pledge to you.

VR a grunge rock band? God you spit alot of shit. Do you even know what grunge is? I play can play Fall To Pieces on guitar, and can also play alot of Guns songs, and Fall to Pieces is of a VERY VERY similar style to old Guns, not to mention songs like Dirty Little Thing, etc. Your a joke, thats my opinion. Hey, im still waiting on those photos with the verified dates that you said you would get, oh thats right, you made that up, shameeee.

VR a grunge rock band? God you spit alot of shit. Do you even know what grunge is? I play can play Fall To Pieces on guitar, and can also play alot of Guns songs, and Fall to Pieces is of a VERY VERY similar style to old Guns, not to mention songs like Dirty Little Thing, etc. Your a joke, thats my opinion. Hey, im still waiting on those photos with the verified dates that you said you would get, oh thats right, you made that up, shameeee.

It sounds a lot more like STP than it does Guns.

How am I supposed to get the dates? Was I there? If you notice, very few if any of the pictures of Axl or GN'R have dates on them.

Thing is, I remember when those pictures first showed up. And they were on a site. It was one of those photo sites--professional photo sites. And they were taken the first week of September, 2002. And they were titled 'Axl Rose Goes Shopping." But even if I was to find the site, you'd still refute it or try to claim the photos were doctored by a pro-Axl professional photographer to make him look good.

And that is why Fall to Pieces is such a great song Younh Gun. It embodies the spirit of the pre-dictatorship of Guns N' Roses. Fall to Pieces is a modern day GNR song.

Fall to Pieces is a song by Velvet Revolver.

It could've been a GN'R song had Slash not been a prick and worked on it with Axl.

As it is, it's a pretty crappy modern rock song.

It sounds a lot more like STP than it does Guns.

How am I supposed to get the dates? Was I there? If you notice, very few if any of the pictures of Axl or GN'R have dates on them.

Thing is, I remember when those pictures first showed up. And they were on a site. It was one of those photo sites--professional photo sites. And they were taken the first week of September, 2002. And they were titled 'Axl Rose Goes Shopping." But even if I was to find the site, you'd still refute it or try to claim the photos were doctored by a pro-Axl professional photographer to make him look good.

I have no idea how you are supposed to get the date, fact is, YOU said you would get them when i questioned it. YOU said they were days after the VMAs, which you used to back up your statements. And yet, you cannot prove it. Game set match.

HAHAHAHA yeh cause im really that desperate that claim they were doctored. I even said "if you do show me pictures with the dates, i will apologize".

Sounds alot more like STP?? Maybe cause they have THE SAME VOCALIST. The music itself(the instruments) are totally different than STP. You hear the melodic arpeggios much like Don't Cry or Yesterdays, you hear the booming bass licks accompanying the chords like You Could Be Mine or My Michelle. And the screaming guitar lead that is undeniably Slash. Dam, sure sounds like STP to me....

And that is why Fall to Pieces is such a great song Younh Gun. It embodies the spirit of the pre-dictatorship of Guns N' Roses. Fall to Pieces is a modern day GNR song.

It is a great song.