..is Guns N'Roses finished?

star

I have no idea how you are supposed to get the date, fact is, YOU said you would get them when i questioned it. YOU said they were days after the VMAs, which you used to back up your statements. And yet, you cannot prove it. Game set match.

HAHAHAHA yeh cause im really that desperate that claim they were doctored. I even said "if you do show me pictures with the dates, i will apologize".

Sounds alot more like STP?? Maybe cause they have THE SAME VOCALIST. The music itself(the instruments) are totally different than STP. You hear the melodic arpeggios much like Don't Cry or Yesterdays, you hear the booming bass licks accompanying the chords like You Could Be Mine or My Michelle. And the screaming guitar lead that is undeniably Slash. Dam, sure sounds like STP to me....

None of VR's songs sound remotely like any of the ones you mentioned.

Maybe it's the production. That sludgy, gross, modern rock production. In any case, it sounds like crap.

Snakepit is 10x better than any VR song.

The only song that sounds remotely like a GN'R song is Slither, and that's mainly the solo, which is like Pretty Tied Up (at least in sound).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why Fall to Pieces is such a great song Younh Gun. It embodies the spirit of the pre-dictatorship of Guns N' Roses. Fall to Pieces is a modern day GNR song.

Fall to Pieces is a song by Velvet Revolver.

It could've been a GN'R song had Slash not been a prick and worked on it with Axl.

As it is, it's a pretty crappy modern rock song.

But that would mean getting Axl into the studio at the same time as the rest of the band, which, as you know, doesn't happen :)

I have no idea how you are supposed to get the date, fact is, YOU said you would get them when i questioned it. YOU said they were days after the VMAs, which you used to back up your statements. And yet, you cannot prove it. Game set match.

HAHAHAHA yeh cause im really that desperate that claim they were doctored. I even said "if you do show me pictures with the dates, i will apologize".

Sounds alot more like STP?? Maybe cause they have THE SAME VOCALIST. The music itself(the instruments) are totally different than STP. You hear the melodic arpeggios much like Don't Cry or Yesterdays, you hear the booming bass licks accompanying the chords like You Could Be Mine or My Michelle. And the screaming guitar lead that is undeniably Slash. Dam, sure sounds like STP to me....

Maybe it's the production. That sludgy, gross, modern rock production. In any case, it sounds like crap.

The only song that sounds remotely like a GN'R song is Slither, and that's mainly the solo, which is like Pretty Tied Up (at least in sound).

HAHAHAHA do you even know what an arpeggio is?? Good god, i gave you specific examples of the elements that make those songs sound like old Guns, and you brush them aside. Ask any guitar player and they will tell you the same. Im not talking about "production" im talking about the signature elements of old Guns(minus Axl), which you don't even recognize either because your biased or deaf. Musically, VR sounds more like old Guns than New-Guns does.

And that is why Fall to Pieces is such a great song Younh Gun. It embodies the spirit of the pre-dictatorship of Guns N' Roses. Fall to Pieces is a modern day GNR song.

It could've been a GN'R song had Slash not been a prick and worked on it with Axl.

But that would mean getting Axl into the studio at the same time as the rest of the band, which, as you know, doesn't happen :)

HAHAHAHA do you even know what an arpeggio is?? Good god, i gave you specific examples of the elements that make those songs sound like old Guns, and you brush them aside. Ask any guitar player and they will tell you the same. Im not talking about "production" im talking about the signature elements of old Guns(minus Axl), which you don't even recognize either because your biased or deaf. Musically, VR sounds more like old Guns than New-Guns does.

Maybe from a technical guitarist standpoint, and also from the standpoint of a Slashite, the shit is similar

but to a plain set of ears, it sounds different.

VR sounds like a modern rock band. Also, VR has Izzy missing. I know to you Slash is everything and everyone else mattered nothing in Guns, but Izzy was a part of Guns' sound too.

Maybe from a technical guitarist standpoint, and also from the standpoint of a Slashite, the shit is similar

VR sounds like a modern rock band. Also, VR has Izzy missing. I know to you Slash is everything and everyone else mattered nothing in Guns, but Izzy was a part of Guns' sound too.

Read my past posts over the years you joke, im an nothing of a Slashite, half my threads are about the upcoming Guns album or in praise of the new band. I have Chinese Democracy on CD and Vinyl, i saw Guns play live in Melbourne in 2007, i have an official Guns N Roses cap(new design) that i bought off BamStores for a ridiculous price. I think Snakepit was crap and most songs on Slash's solo record i don't care for. You on the other hand are a pure Axl-nut-swinger.

Edited by Young_Gun

Read my previous posts you joke, im an nothing of a Slashite. I have Chinese Democracy on CD and Vinyl, i saw Guns play live in Melbourne in 2007, i have an official Guns N Roses cap(new design) that i bought off BamStores for a ridiculous price. I think Snakepit was crap and most songs on Slash's solo record i don't care for. You on the other hand are a pure Axl-nut-swinger.

http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?&kw=axl%2520rose&sft=&pg=4&context=&viah=N&ord=N&smtpfx=&pl=40&stk=N&lkw=&iso=GBR&od=G&search_newest=search_newest

Here's your pictures. Taken September 6th 2002.

Edited by Indigo Child

Read my previous posts you joke, im an nothing of a Slashite. I have Chinese Democracy on CD and Vinyl, i saw Guns play live in Melbourne in 2007, i have an official Guns N Roses cap(new design) that i bought off BamStores for a ridiculous price. I think Snakepit was crap and most songs on Slash's solo record i don't care for. You on the other hand are a pure Axl-nut-swinger.

http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?&kw=axl%2520rose&sft=&pg=4&context=&viah=N&ord=N&smtpfx=&pl=40&stk=N&lkw=&iso=GBR&od=G&search_newest=search_newest

I give you credit for finding them, i do find it strange that there are pictures of Axl from the early 90s with dates 2001, 2003 and 2004 next time them though but whatever. i apologize for that remark on that occasion.

I give you credit for finding them, i do find it strange that there are pictures of Axl from the early 90s with dates 2001, 2003 and 2004 next time them though but whatever. i apologize for that remark on that occasion.

You can also search for references to them on this very forum by other members which also state that they were taken in 2002, specifically, not long after the VMAs.

I was around here when they first showed up as well. I remember. In fact I first learned about GN'R being on the VMA's because the rumors were rife here and so I had the tape loaded in my VCR already when Fallon announced them.

You can also search for references to them on this very forum by other members which also state that they were taken in 2002, specifically, not long after the VMAs.

I was around here when they first showed up as well. I remember. In fact I first learned about GN'R being on the VMA's because the rumors were rife here and so I had the tape loaded in my VCR already when Fallon announced them.

Thats fine, i don't doubt they are from 2002, the dates are the dates.

:rolleyes:

I asked Slash on twitter: "Did you really not let Axl use Fall To Pieces?"

x5w01u.jpg

Yeah, he's going to come out and say, "Yeah, I decided to be a dick that day in 1996 and said 'Fuck you, Axl, this is my song'"

I'm sure Slash NEVER reused any ideas from those 4 years of writing (1992-1996, as interviews with Axl from the UYI era imply Slash was writing songs while on the road) :rolleyes:

Matt in 1996 said they had recorded 7 songs and were going to record 7 others. Slash said in August 1996 that they had (between Axl, Duff and himself) 80 new songs. Duff in 1996 said the new album was going to be 12 songs, all rockers. Where did those songs go?

Edited by Indigo Child

:rolleyes:

I asked Slash on twitter: "Did you really not let Axl use Fall To Pieces?"

x5w01u.jpg

lol...he never said that as far as i know. Literally the gayest quote box ive ever seen.

Jut something I want to say, people use Making Fucking Videos as proof that Fall to Pieces started as a GNR song and Axl whistled on it. I think it is pretty clear Slash was playing Yesterdays and not something that would turn into FTP. I don't doubt at all the main riffs were played for Axl, Slash has made mention that it started before VR was even formed. And I don't doubt that he played parts of it for Axl. But it wasn't on Making Fucking Videos. That was Slash playing Yesterdays.

Jut something I want to say, people use Making Fucking Videos as proof that Fall to Pieces started as a GNR song and Axl whistled on it. I think it is pretty clear Slash was playing Yesterdays and not something that would turn into FTP. I don't doubt at all the main riffs were played for Axl, Slash has made mention that it started before VR was even formed. And I don't doubt that he played parts of it for Axl. But it wasn't on Making Fucking Videos. That was Slash playing Yesterdays.

To me it sounds more like early Back And Forth again. We're talking about the video shoot @ Long Beach Arena for Estranged, right?

If they're not going to put out the next album, does it even matter? How long can the Chinese Democracy tour go on, 10 years wasn't enough?

I don't know if I'm completely ready for the next album yet. For some reason, I still don't feel as though my Chinese Democracy journey is complete.

BBA, you're more pathetic than I am, and that's saying a lot.

wow confident much? :unsure:

NO GNR is not finished, they more than deserve a break, and calling Ashba "Slashba" is an abomination, Ashba is in, slash is gone, get over it, besides Ashba is a able to play circles around the once-great slash,who has relegated himself to playing with any/everybody and whoring himself out to any show that will tolerate him and pay him $$$,

this is such an odd fucking attitude. Lets see..Axl raided Sixx AM(offshoot band)NIN PRIMUS has a Replacement ,a Psychedelic Fur..tapped Buckethead ..in the day he sang with Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen jumped on Stage with U2 and yet because he jams with other artists hes never slagged. Slash plays often and also diversifys his Portfolio and you all call him a whore. You also slag him for making money...well duh hes a professional..

Is Ashaba a whore because he has a deal with Monster Energy Drink and has played the National Anthem before a football game???

Back in the day Axl was deepthroating on NIN (-so much so that he actually started recruiting Robin before Slash was completely out of the band )

and actually liked Nirvana and NWA. if yall do some reseach that was huge point of contention because Axl wanted to take the band in a more industrial(trendy at the time) direction.

If they're not going to put out the next album, does it even matter? How long can the Chinese Democracy tour go on, 10 years wasn't enough?

I don't know if I'm completely ready for the next album yet. For some reason, I still don't feel as though my Chinese Democracy journey is complete.

BBA, you're more pathetic than I am, and that's saying a lot.

wow confident much? :unsure:

NO GNR is not finished, they more than deserve a break, and calling Ashba "Slashba" is an abomination, Ashba is in, slash is gone, get over it, besides Ashba is a able to play circles around the once-great slash,who has relegated himself to playing with any/everybody and whoring himself out to any show that will tolerate him and pay him $$$,

this is such an odd fucking attitude. Lets see..Axl raided Sixx AM(offshoot band)NIN PRIMUS has a Replacement ,a Psychedelic Fur..tapped Buckethead ..in the day he sang with Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen jumped on Stage with U2 and yet because he jams with other artists hes never slagged. Slash plays often and also diversifys his Portfolio and you all call him a whore. You also slag him for making money...well duh hes a professional..

Is Ashaba a whore because he has a deal with Monster Energy Drink and has played the National Anthem before a football game???

Back in the day Axl was deepthroating on NIN (-so much so that he actually started recruiting Robin before Slash was completely out of the band )

and actually liked Nirvana and NWA. if yall do some reseach that was huge point of contention because Axl wanted to take the band in a more industrial(trendy at the time) direction.

1) Robin was first "courted" if you will to join Guns in January 1997, after Matt had seen him play a Cirque de Soleil show. Slash had left in October 1996. Robin didn't officially join Guns until August 1997.

2) What's wrong with like NiN, NWA, and Nirvana? He also liked Hanoi Rocks and the Stones and Aerosmith and ELO.

Slash is GN'R.

And Hollywood Rose... :rolleyes:

Notice how every song Slash has not appeared in was only average at best? Is this even debatable? I think not.

Slash hasn't made an above average song since 1995.

Who are you to say that he hasn't?

You may not like anything he has done since 1995 but it does not mean he hasn't made anything good since then.

Slash is GN'R.

And Hollywood Rose... :rolleyes:

Notice how every song Slash has not appeared in was only average at best? Is this even debatable? I think not.

Slash hasn't made an above average song since 1995.

Who are you to say that he hasn't?

You may not like anything he has done since 1995 but it does not mean he hasn't made anything good since then.

I am me

And to me, my opinion is all important.

Edited by Indigo Child

If your opinion is the only thing you care about why are you on an online discussion forum?

To discuss my opinion.

I'll put it this way, this forum isn't a conversion forum. Everyone's opinion is the opinion that's most important to them, musically.

Music is a subjective experience. Therefore, to me, Slash's music not being good since 1995 is a subjective fact. You may disagree, and I don't disparage you from disagreeing, but to me, that is a fact.

Just like you may not like certain bands; to you, it's a fact that you don't like them for whatever reason. When it comes to music, there is no universal truth.