Guns N' Roses' original line-up to reunite for Super Bowl?

totogunner

I believe the ones who start these topics/rumors are envious of Axl´s vision and current incarnation of Guns N Roses.

Put this as a sticky:

Axl has even been here on this forum, personally. Telling people that there NEVER will be a reunion with him and Slash.

Axl Rose and Slash will never, ever share a stage together again.

Axl Rose and Slash will never play music together again.

Why? Should we put a list up of the things that axl said that didn't come true too? Or would that not be convenient?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I can't imagine anyone turning down 40 million dollars to play one show. i think there's a decent chance that this is going to be the one-off show that every one of us knew was eventually coming.

Well if Axl did agree to it, he'd be officially terminating the "new" Guns N' Roses concept and conceding he's motivated entirely by money. I for one would be disgusted.

So it's impossible for him to think GN'R was at it's peak with the old lineup, and to decide to try to hit that peak one more time? It doesn't have to be about money. Frankly, if they were to reunite I'd hope there's a lot more to it than the cash.

You seem to have missed the context of my response. Skulls proposed that Axl couldn't/wouldn't turn down an offer of forty million dollars to perform with the "original" five. I was responding to that.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

No chance in hell!

I cannot see a GN'R reunion happening, ever! Why? Because the last 15 year's of Axl's life would have been a total waste of time. All the people he has worked with, played with, would be spit in the face. Yes, it's that serious.

The last 15 years have been a waste of time.

I can't imagine anyone turning down 40 million dollars to play one show. i think there's a decent chance that this is going to be the one-off show that every one of us knew was eventually coming.

Well if Axl did agree to it, he'd be officially terminating the "new" Guns N' Roses concept and conceding he's motivated entirely by money. I for one would be disgusted.

So it's impossible for him to think GN'R was at it's peak with the old lineup, and to decide to try to hit that peak one more time? It doesn't have to be about money. Frankly, if they were to reunite I'd hope there's a lot more to it than the cash.

You seem to have missed the context of my response. Skulls proposed that Axl couldn't/wouldn't turn down an offer of forty million dollars to perform with the "original" five. I was responding to that.

I still don't get why some people are saying that axl would have to quit with the new band in order to do this, why couldn't both happen?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I still don't get why some people are saying that axl would have to quit with the new band in order to do this, why couldn't both happen?

An old GN'R gig would be so huge it'd inevitability absorb any possibility of sustaining new Guns N' Roses. The media/public calling for a subsequent tour would be immense. Maintaining GN'R's legitimacy after a reunion concert would just be impossible.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Exactly. This is why there will NEVER be a reunion.

I don't know about ever. But certainly Axl won't be in a position to even consider a reunion until GN'R (in its present form) reaches its fullest potential.

If the relaunch of CD goes as planned the sky is the limit of what can happen with the boys. Great things still to come for the band.

Maybe if they put out new material

I think we all know relaunching Chinese Democracy is a huge waste of time and energy. This band has been about Chinese Democracy for over a decade, and here we are, 3 years after its release, with a relaunch to look forward to?

Sucks how you need to lower your standards to get excited about the "next big thing" in the GNR world, doesn't it?

Would a reunion even be as great as we make it out to be?

They are all different people, and their lives are considerably different from what it was like back in 1993. Slash's guitar tone has changed, Axl's voice has changed, and everyone has gotten older so they will sound different. They may not even have the magic that they had in the past.

No chance in hell!

I cannot see a GN'R reunion happening, ever! Why? Because the last 15 year's of Axl's life would have been a total waste of time. All the people he has worked with, played with, would be spit in the face. Yes, it's that serious.

Lawsuits, media, everything against you, but you still continue to push and try harder. Axl reforming with SLash would be like "well, I knew I could'nt do it without him," when in fact he has for the better part of the last decade, recently, the 09-10 GN'R tour.

He would be going back on his word's and quite frankly, throwing in the towel.

Even playing at the Super Bowl for one night, 4 songs. Axl no-show, backstage fight, walk off, somebody pissed off as somebody esle, one ot two fo them doing a half-assed performance.

I does'nt matter how much money you give them, Slash said a few year's ago he was handed a 8-figure sum to reunite with GN'R, he refused. And we all know Axl is obviously against it. It's not the money, it's the personal stuff from the past that is doing the harm and the fact that Axl and SLash have'nt talked to eachother in 15 years!

Sure seeing the orginal band together would be cool, but if Irving Azoff couldn't get Axl to reunite with Slash, who can?

Look heres where i would love to speculate on the POSITIVE. Egos aside posturing asideand all the other beggers, leechers yes men aside....why not create a possiblility that really its not the venomous hateful situation we may think it is?

What would happen if a sober middle aged GNR ..armed with experience and savy actualy rose to the ocassion and got it together.???.. Duff said in a interview that GNR went out with a wimper...so unlike the GNR that was everywhere in 88-93!

Why not say ya know guys...lets get it together and rock this planet ONE LAST TIME! Who knows it might make the younger pro nugnr anti 80's cheesy hair rock NO BLUES THANK YOU VERY MUCH crowd go YEAH FUCK YEAH guess those old fucker s on the forum..guess dad and mom werent fools and they knew what they were talking about!!

Roger Waters and David Gilmour and those fuckers have so much reason to point and blame and bickker that its insane.And they did it AND did to the hopes and dreams of their fan base..And they did it before an original member DIED. Then they went back to the way things were...

a couple shows of classic GNR ...doesnt have to kill off nuGNR (even though the billing states they are GNR)

Sure every fucker in GNR took his ball and went home and really since its all entertainment...looking at it SO FUCKING CHILDISH...

Weve been wondering when they get ROR hall of fame induction...whose gonna go to it? Dizzy and Buckethead and Robin..m,aybe Tommy or Ron maybe Fortus OR OR OR...yeah i dont have to say it... the sweat equity from zero on to superstardom was who and what....classic GNR!

There is no way the NFL does this. They would be taking a risk that the singer wouldn't show up until two hours after the game is over. Plus it would not be wise to give Axl a mic with a live feed to the largest audience in the world. Who knows what he would say. The NFL has been very safe with it's halftime acts since "nipplegate."

What Axl 'says' wouldn't be a problem.... broadcast delay exists for that reason. He swears, the control room director hits a button that mutes the swear...

bigger concern would be showing up on time... however, when it comes to special events/appearances, Axl, for some strange reason, seems to show up on time.