Your favorite song.

Unknown Caller

How many of you can honestly say you have a favorite song that hasn't changed for almost forever?

Mine would have to be Estranged. I can't really explain why it's my favorite of all time, but I can honestly say that it's the only song that I listen to a consistent basis since seventh grade. That was about seven years ago. I don't see it changing any time soon. Anyone else have a song that you just means a lot to you?

My all time favourites are..................

For Everyman - Jackson Browne

Good Arms Vs Bad Arms - Frightened Rabbit

This Is The One - The Stone Roses

We Can Get Together - The Hold Steady

Stand By Me - John Lennon

Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset - Modest Mouse

I tried to narrow it to two, but that didn't go well.

Guest Len B'stard

The Jim Carroll Band are fuckin amazing. He passed away recently, bless his cotton socks. Favorite song? Fuck that for a question. I don't think i've ever had a favorite song, i have favorite songs off albums but just a general favorite song? I could never narrow it down, they change week after week, at the moment they'd be:

Spy fi Die - Bounty Killer

Rusholme Ruffians - The Smiths

Everyday is like Sunday - Morrissey

Late Night Maudlin Street - Morrissey

This is the One - Stone Roses (off Garage Flower)

Sweet Black Angel - The Rolling Stones

Karma Chameleon - Boy George (go fuck yourself! :lol:)

Maggie May - Rod Stewart (i said go fuck yourself! :lol:)

Going Underground - The Jam

Edited by sugaraylen

The Jim Carroll Band are fuckin amazing. He passed away recently, bless his cotton socks. Favorite song? Fuck that for a question. I don't think i've ever had a favorite song, i have favorite songs off albums but just a general favorite song? I could never narrow it down, they change week after week, at the moment they'd be:

Spy fi Die - Bounty Killer

Rusholme Ruffians - The Smiths

Everyday is like Sunday - Morrissey

Late Night Maudlin Street - Morrissey

This is the One - Stone Roses (off Garage Flower)

Sweet Black Angel - The Rolling Stones

Karma Chameleon - Boy George (go fuck yourself! :lol:)

Maggie May - Rod Stewart (i said go fuck yourself! :lol:)

Going Underground - The Jam

Good choices bud. Howd you get into morrissey?

Good choices bud. Howd you get into morrissey?

By being into Manchester bands i suppose :)

You a James fan, ffrank? I think Tim Booth's the essential Manchester indie prophet.

SCOM is pretty much consistently my favourite song ever, I just think it sounds pretty much like bliss should...

Trains by Porcupine Tree's usually up there too... other than that it changes depending on time and circumstance.

Guest Len B'stard
You a James fan, ffrank? I think Tim Booth's the essential Manchester indie prophet.

I'm not actually and it's only recently that i found out that they're a manchester band. For some odd reason i thought they were quite current too as in like of recent years, not sure why. Prophet you say? I'll give em a whirl, any reccomendations? :)

I'm not actually and it's only recently that i found out that they're a manchester band. For some odd reason i thought they were quite current too as in like of recent years, not sure why. Prophet you say? I'll give em a whirl, any reccomendations? :)

Haha, there's no live performer like him... I hope you're not put off by the length.

And I saw this when I was 11 years old... really emotional end to the show, still gives me goosebumps 10 years on.

:) Enjoy!

Guest Len B'stard

Did you give those videos a watch, man?

I did actually, the 11 or so minute one was actually really good although i don't reckon much for his dancing :lol: But yeah, no, it was actually really good, is it from an album or..? I'd like to hear their debut actually :)

Did you give those videos a watch, man?

I did actually, the 11 or so minute one was actually really good although i don't reckon much for his dancing :lol: But yeah, no, it was actually really good, is it from an album or..? I'd like to hear their debut actually :)

The two seminal albums I'd recommend checking out are Laid and Seven from the height of the Madchester scene (my big cousin was at University in Manchester at the time and he said that live music in the city was unbelieveable) but my personal favourite is Millionaires which came much later, in 1999. Due to their nature as a jam band (their writing method has always been to jam for hours while recording it and then sift through and refine the best bits, even from the earliest days when they were doing it on their drummer's kitchen floor) their debut was a bit hit and miss; it did however contain this beauty:

But yeah, check them out on record and let me know if you dig... I'm sure they won't disappoint!