The Darkness is coming back!!!

Stiff Competition

never got into them...don't like their sound, songs, or the guitar tones. However I did always enjoy their videos, and they looked to always be doing things for lolz which was good fun. Caught them live, and they carried the stage well, but not enough to keep me there for the entire set (due to me not being all that found of the music style).

so I look forward to some cheesy interviews and videos with this news.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are sort of like the new AC/DC for me. with some added Queen campness thrown in.

I would add the early Van Halen vibe to it.

true like how the guitars seem to float along, like on Growing On Me. I'm not an expert but Hawkins seems like a good guitarists like he's slummimg it a bit with Darkness. Like on English Country Garden that sounds insanely difficlut to play.

Hot Leg is pretty 80s. Cocktails should have been a Darkness track.

Hot leg rules! Btw, I think Trojan guitar is more a Darkness track than Cocktails.

Does everyone genuinely like this band or is it sort of....ironic?

I don't really get it.

I do love this band!

Best video ever!

Epic!

Good one... but this is even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu2N8FJPYN0&feature=related

for whoever asked if anyone genuinely likes them..I absolutely love them. They have been one of my favorites since they came out, plus I have sort of an attachment to them like i do to VR because only being 24, there are not many bands I was there to keep up with from beginning to end and now for them the beginning AGAIN. I am way stoked for this. For me, not many reunions could be better than this because the one that would be better, won't happen.

If any Hot Leg track was destined to be a Darkness track I would say it was Prima Donna or Whichever Way You Want To Give It.

Kissing in the wind would fit the darkness style of ballads as well, more the style of One Way ticket, but still...

On the topic of The Darkness/Hot Leg, check out my vinyl collection....

tdvinyl.jpg

I only listened to Hot Leg record twice since yesterday.

weird thing about Darkness is that although the lyrics are kind of jokey the music is pretty bad ass, like Black Shuck, Growing on Me, Bald are pretty mean guitar wise. There are other bands that have a more hard image who have gayer sound. they are joking seriously.

and my understanding is they didn't flop, Justin Hawkins seem to have a coke drinking problem couldn't handle the fame type thing?

I like how live he can sing and play crazy guitar at same time while running across the stage.

I expect them to conquer the US now.

Went to see Hot Leg live and they were a blast. Just really fun 80's style music that's not meant to be taken seriously. After about 3 power ballads Hawkins got on the mic and said "Now that we've got the power ballads out of the way... time for even more power ballads!" and ripped into another one. :lol:

Met him and the rest of the band after the show too really cool guys.

Guest Len B'stard

shit band

i knew this was coming before i even clicked the post

yeah, well, stating the obvious and all that.

yeah, it's obvious you stated your opinion.

No, it's gospel. I've been getting divine revelations here in my room and that was the first one, The Darkness are shit. Right away i knew it had to be the voice of God.

If any Hot Leg track was destined to be a Darkness track I would say it was Prima Donna or Whichever Way You Want To Give It.

Kissing in the wind would fit the darkness style of ballads as well, more the style of One Way ticket, but still...

tdvinyl.jpg

Is there a difference between them 2 British Whale vinyls or is one a CD?

Even got Girlfriend with them shitty remixes haha.

Is It Just Me Vinyl, that's got Shit Ghost on it, great song!

Edit: You need to get the Cocktails vinyl!

Edit 2: And Christmas Time!

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

tdvinyl.jpg

Is there a difference between them 2 British Whale vinyls or is one a CD?

Even got Girlfriend with them shitty remixes haha.

Is It Just Me Vinyl, that's got Shit Ghost on it, great song!

Edit: You need to get the Cocktails vinyl!

Edit 2: And Christmas Time!

yeah I know I need xmas time and I just never ordered cocktails for whatever reason and yeah shit ghost is cool but I actually really like shake like a lettuce leaf from the cd single more. The british whale singles are the same, the first one I ordered arrived with a chip in it so I had to get another one, that's why there's 2.

"In October 2005, a month before the album was to be officially released, Justin Hawkins won an eBay auction for a copy of One Way Ticket to Hell ...and Back for £350 under the username 'turbogunhawk'. He claimed he did this so that he could track down whoever sold the digitally-marked advance copy of the album and try to prevent it from happening again." - wikipedia