GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

if RIR is going to be the only show or the first show or w/e those people will get a shitty performance by axl.

the first shows in 2006 were very 2002ish, the first shows in 2009 too.

axl gets better the more shows they play

Edited by UcudBmineCD

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Well, not entirely

Okay Tommy, Chris and Dizzy are still live performers. But Guns N' Roses is undeniably a different animal to its 2001 incarnation.

• 1 month later...

To be honest I haven't really given much thought to this show since buying a ticket, well after the initial excitement anyway but CD came on shuffle during a plane journey the other day and I got to thinking about the Rock in Rio show

Anyway I realised how foolish I've been expecting new songs from Axl just because it's rock in Rio. Realistically of the 100's of thousands of people who are going to attend how many of them really care about hearing anything from the CD 2. We are an extremely small portion of Guns N Roses's fan base, albeit the most bankable and loyal but we are still a minority. Seems to be me Axl agreed to the Rio show because the fans made themselves heard, and those fans want to hear the old stuff with some CD thrown in hopefully and really couldn't care less about new material, some will of course but most wont.

I'm still holding out hope to hear something new but I'm also really looking forward to the trip, seeing the greatest live band in the world and just having a good time. I won't crucify Axl for not playing something new

Let's all lower the bar a little and hope for the best..

That logic doesn't many any sense.

From the 100,000 people on Rock in Rio 2, 20 years ago, no one was expecting new songs, but they played a few.

From the 250,000 people on Rock in Rio 3, 10 years ago, no one was expecting new songs, but they played a bunch.

Anyway, do you think Axl and the whole band, as Beta and the whole management don't know this is possibly the most hyped Guns N' Roses concert ever?

Anyway, do you think Axl and the whole band, as Beta and the whole management don't know this is possibly the most hyped Guns N' Roses concert ever?

Most hyped Guns N' Roses concert ever. That is hard to belive...

That logic doesn't many any sense.

From the 100,000 people on Rock in Rio 2, 20 years ago, no one was expecting new songs, but they played a few.

From the 250,000 people on Rock in Rio 3, 10 years ago, no one was expecting new songs, but they played a bunch.

I understand that, both really pleasant surprises I bet.

This time around though GNR's whole on-line fan base is expecting new songs.

I'm just saying if it's just the normal set list at RIR, Don't completely give up on Axl

The concerts in 2001 and 2006 were more hyped than this one, for many reasons.

i have to agree with this, the hammerstein warm up shows where some of the most hyped, lots of things to consider, new surprise guitarrist, axl interview with trunk, izzy & others playing and lots of crap i cant remember. Those shows and the RIR 2001 would probably the most hyped from 2000 GnR era... (also Vegas shows) this RIR its nothing "hyped" yes, it sold out, like all the other RIR or shows from GnR in south america, but, they just ended a succesfull world (almost) tour few months ago... nothing to be hyped about... besides the obvious :P

Bullshit. GNR is like wine....it gets better with age.

haha, good one! i agree with both sides of the coin, the GnR age and our age ^^!

Edited by AGS

Guest siliconmessiah

The concerts in 2001 and 2006 were more hyped than this one, for many reasons.

Bullshit. GNR is like wine....it gets better with age.

I mean that the hype in the business and around the world was HUGE at the comeback in 2001, NOT that the band was BETTER or TIGHTER on stage.

2006 however, was one of the best in terms of Axl´s voice and band tightness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest gunns5

I"d say this is one of, if not the most hyped gnr concerts. Simple fact is the amount of people going, will Gnr play new songs like the last two times at Rio, will we see silkworms and omg again?

Gnr already said prepare for a long night at rio, on top of all this , it's going to be streamed +HD and On TOP ofthat, this version of gnr post 2000 have the best chance to make it.

So yes, I'd say it's definately up there