GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

Guest axleu

That's a good news, I mean for people not searching every fuckin' reason to bash Axl. Hey, Axl, don't do that show in front of like 150'000-250'000 people who wanna see you! Go back in the studio and put out an album in five years!

I don't think Azoff's blocking the tour. He wants his money. I think he'd want GNR to tour.

It just sounds like Azoff bailed on Axl and left his management duties in the hands of one of his "lackeys". Axl wanted Azoff to directly handle GNR. So I think he just went "fuck that" and didn't pay Front Line. But if the ticket industry is calling on you to save a sinking ship, priority is not going to be handling bands.

I have to wonder why he needs a big name manager, except they've worked out a lot of logistics, built relationships with local promoters. and figured a lot of things out over the years. I think with the "it's not rocket science" comment he made, he's done with those guys. He's been touring for 25 years, but left it up to other people to line everything up. The hardest stuff is putting the live show together, the different size venues, safety, electrical, and customizing the stage setup to the venue they're playing, plus how to pack that stuff up and go. It is pretty impressive when a show goes off without a hitch, esp. one with pyros and effects going on during the entire show. Wheeling and dealing with local promoters over price of tickets, concessions, amount of security, etc. I think Axl has to be pretty savvy on all of this by now, he's been a road warrior for almost 25 years. Beta definitely has enough experience to be a tour manager. Sharon Osbourne figured out how to balance managing other bands on top of dealing with Ozzy on and off the road for 30 years.

Not seeing any confirmations from Ron that he's expecting to do this show.

They all havent come out and said anything. Ron is a member of the band though, he will be there.

If Ron was not a member of the band like some tinfoil heads think then why would Guns tweet this today?

Scribbling on a box... "IT'S SO EASY" a @Bumblefoot (among others) can do it! check it out and win... http://bit.ly/dRNoJ3
Edited by gunsguy

Not seeing any confirmations from Ron that he's expecting to do this show.

They all havent come out and said anything. Ron is a member of the band though, he will be there.

If Ron was not a member of the band like some tinfoil heads think then why would Guns tweet this today?

Scribbling on a box... "IT'S SO EASY" a @Bumblefoot (among others) can do it! check it out and win... http://bit.ly/dRNoJ3

Ron is and will be an official or 'current' member of GNR until a statement or document is issued to say otherwise, or somebody else is announced (or they do a gig without him), because he is a member as of the last album and tour. His wording is careful.

The usual deal is that Axl says 'your fired' and everybody sits and waits to see if they remain fired, or all communication ceases and eventually they give up and go away or a tour or session pops up with another player.

The pedal board is likely a pre-existing thing, and I doubt even the updaters area clear on the true status if there is indeed a problem.

I think this other post is more telling:

Bumblefoot If that's from a list of US tour dates circulating the past months, they're fake. Crappy that GNR didn't address this issue sooner, sorry to be the messenger of disappointing news. :( Happy upcoming birthday...! :)

I don't think Ron was out of the band back when it was first discussed but I think something is up now. I hope its a wait and see thing, Axl may be in a non-communication phase with everyone, but I have doubts. I won't be sure until I hear Ron say, 'see you in Rio'.

I'd also be curious to see if Buckethead has any other plans around the Rio date.

Edited by snooze72

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nightrain

paradise city

stop being so negative!! they may add nice boys there, or dont cry.....that would be fucking awesome!!! and Ron might have that 2 seconds of Estranged in hes solo spot.....wow.

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nightrain

paradise city

stop being so negative!! they may add nice boys there, or dont cry.....that would be fucking awesome!!! and Ron might have that 2 seconds of Estranged in hes solo spot.....wow.

People are really excited about this news, why are you too pussy boy's pissing on it?

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nightrain

paradise city

People are really excited about this news, why are you too pussy boy's pissing on it?

Some people just like to ruin people's fun and enjoyment. Thier called douchebags. :thumbsup:

Edited by GNR123GNR456

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nightrain

paradise city

good question, I dunno. Its just hard to be positive with this band, though they just had awesome tour etc.....been following this whole thing since 98, but still....have a little bad feeling about this, scared there wont be nothing new for us :( but theres hope...

Guest gunns5

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nice boys

nightrain

better

whole lotta rosie

paradise city

if thats the setlist, who cares. the people at the show will still enjoy it, hell if they get welcome to the jungle they will be more then happy.

2 and a half hour show of gnr songs is great is it not? oh no its not for the few hundred people on forums who just like to bitch and arent even going to be there.

Not expecting to hear anything new, but my god if there was something new that would be fantastic. Ofcourse I will be tuned in on the live stream like you guys and I will be holding my breath!

Same here.

I'll be waiting anxiously to see if they play anything new.

Hopefully they don't pull a Reading and not have their set streamed. <_<

Edited by GNR123GNR456

setlist:

chinese

jungle

easy

brownstone

sorry

lald

rocket queen

this i love

scom

ycbm

sod

nr

kohd

nice boys

nightrain

better

whole lotta rosie

paradise city

if thats the setlist, who cares. the people at the show will still enjoy it, hell if they get welcome to the jungle they will be more then happy.

2 and a half hour show of gnr songs is great is it not? oh no its not for the few hundred people on forums who just like to bitch and arent even going to be there.

Exactly. Although i would like to see less covers and more actual Guns songs, it certainly would not hinder me from going to a show one iota.