For the 1st time on over 2 years..

star

Been on holiday for the past 2 weeks.

On the radio was some sort of rock metal channel that played some heavy heavy metal music.

They also played some Guns N’Roses including SCOM, and Don’t Cry.

Lo and behold, they played a track, only once, from CD. I picked up on the track about half way through, and thought to myself, that sounds like Axl Rose, but what song? - it was after all mid way though.

I couldn’t place it, then the presenter, speaking in the language other than English said “£^”£”£$”%^^$^^”£$^$% stree of dreams $”$”$”£4...

Who cares about videos. Aren't they dead? I switch onto the video stations once in a while (MuchMusic, MTV) and all that is ever on are reality shows.

Videos are far from dead. How popular is radio these days?

Who cares about videos. Aren't they dead? I switch onto the video stations once in a while (MuchMusic, MTV) and all that is ever on are reality shows.

Videos are far from dead. How popular is radio these days?

videos are still extremely important these days....................ever hear of youtube?

Am I wrong in thinking that the video footage of Axl walking off the stage in Dublin

has the highest number of youtube views for anything to do with chinese democracy?

It's got 1, 200,000 views

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guns+n+roses+o2+dublin&aq=2

Yes, you are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=guns+n+roses+chinese+democracy&search_sort=video_view_count&suggested_categories=10%2C22

Two nights ago I was flipping through radio stations at 3 AM and got to one and instantly had a moment of what the fuck is this song I know that I know it. They were playing Better, which is the first time in about 9 months since I heard a CD song on the radio (heard Better on the radio during the summer, a sorry 3 play from GNR that included Sympathy for the Devil). Ive probably heard Better on the radio 5 times since its release, CD twice, and Shacklers once (I couldnt believe it was on the radio, especially like a year after release).

videos are still extremely important these days....................ever hear of youtube?

Youtube brought BuckCherry back from the dead with their "Crazy Bitch" video which had over 2 million hits.......All Axl has to do is come up with a catchy song people want to watch.........

Yes, you're both right about YouTube, but I would have to go watch a video I want to see instead of passively watching videos and having one come up that I am not really aware of. I guess you could get it included on some kind of channel on YouTube. The new marketing for videos, and music, I suppose.

At home I often stick Scuzz on the TV, while I'm doing something else. It's like TV is the new radio (and possibly has been for years). What makes it more interesting, is every now and then, i'll stop what I am doing and watch Scuzz for some minutes, as pictures + sound is better than just sound.

Edited by star

Youtube brought BuckCherry back from the dead with their "Crazy Bitch" video which had over 2 million hits.......All Axl has to do is come up with a catchy song people want to watch.........

Yes, you're both right about YouTube, but I would have to go watch a video I want to see instead of passively watching videos and having one come up that I am not really aware of. I guess you could get it included on some kind of channel on YouTube. The new marketing for videos, and music, I suppose.

u make it sound like too much work

people spend more n more time on their phones and laptops than in front of a tv these days anyway

plus u get to search n see the videos u want from who u want, not what artist mtv was told to promote at the time

At home I often stick Scuzz on the TV, while I'm doing something else. It's like TV is the new radio (and possibly has been for years). What makes it more interesting, is every now and then, i'll stop what I am doing and watch Scuzz for some minutes, as pictures + sound is better than just sound.

yep

not talking that channel, but if you have premium cable, which i'm assuming more and more people do, there 4 or 5 channels that show nothing but music videos. I spend countless hours week watching new and old videos.

New GnR getting airplay around here would be an historic achievement. :violin:

Classic GnR though gets airplay all the time as expected.

Exactly. I hear classic GNR on the radio nearly everyday, already today I heard Pretty Tied Up (surprising).

I've never heard any songs from CD here in Dallas,but the local rock station plays GNR songs everyday, usually the songs with the original lineup.

I think when CD was released they might have played Better, but I never heard it.

Like I said, GNR have made amazing songs, so they will always be played on rock stations around the country.

Well, one time I heard the end of Prostitute on the modern rock station. I had no clue what the fuck it was, it was just the piano outro. Then the person said "That was Prostitute by Guns N' Roses." I was like, "cool!"

I never heard Better but heard Shackler's once and Chinese Deomcracy a few times. Seem's like the big hit that was gonna make them big again. Sad it wasn't promoted the way it should've been.

u make it sound like too much work

people spend more n more time on their phones and laptops than in front of a tv these days anyway

plus u get to search n see the videos u want from who u want, not what artist mtv was told to promote at the time

But we got GnR because MTV was told to play them.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Where I'm from its exciting to get any GNR song played on the radio not to mention one from CD.

The ones I've heard are SCOM, November Rain and Don't Cry.

podcasting is the new radio. GNR needs a podcast for CD. on demand. then whereever you are you can listen to cd on your iPhone or iPad. It would be cool if djs would play Catcher or TWAT on the radio but I can't wait all day for them to stop playing Nickelback for 20 seconds.