The 20 Greatest Guitar Solos Of All Time

Alpachiris

The 20 Greatest Guitar Solos Of All Time

musicradar_logo.gif

1. Alter Bridge - Blackbird (Mark Tremonti/Myles Kennedy)

2. Van Halen - Eruption (Eddie Van Halen)

3. Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (Slash)

4. Guns N' Roses - November Rain (Slash)

5. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (David Gilmour, Pulse: Live)

6. Dream Theater - Hollow Years (John Petrucci, Live At Budokan)

7. Dream Theater - Under A Glass Moon (John Petrucci)

8. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (Jimmy Page)

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (Gary Rossington/Allen Collins)

10. Megadeth - Tornado Of Souls (Marty Friedman)

2qaldh4.jpg2zq4wg0.jpg

LINK

http://www.musicradar.com/guitarist/the-20-greatest-guitar-solos-of-all-time-403987/

Slash has said multiple times that estranged was the hardest and best solo he has ever done.....

So? Seems like other people disagree. Although classic and very well known songs have an advantage imo.

I like that Blackbird song, but kinda surpised to see that as #1. Must be a lot of musician fans of that song on that website.

So when is Volcano coming here to argue that Slash could not replace BBF cause he might have written these solos, but he cannot cover parts in some techno crap song that approximately 100 people in the world want to hear live?

Edited by Changes

God, all of a sudden I'm feeling disrespectful for calling Shackler's "crap" when I know Axl is a member here. It does deserve respect of course, not just one of my favorite even from CD. It's got an OK chorus, but god I hate messy solos, the one from Shacklers barely qualify as music.

if i remember right what Slash said about the Estranged solo is that it's the most demanding in terms of being focused when playing it live. this does not necesarilly mean hardest or best.

Axl thanked him specifically for his efforts on that song. Slash said it was the hardest to record and put together. If your going to argue a point do some research